rF2 GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Friday 13th November 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So Guys in my view there is a simple solution.
One community run the Bathurst 12 hours and the other Community can run the Bathurst 1000 (appr 6 hours).
In the build up weeks we can have a couple of 2 hour events.
I mean its winter in the Northern Hemisphere anyway.

The only thing I need to figure out is BES 911* or Nissan GTR.

*The Apex 911 is a bit fast but not nearly as nice.
32 hours :D. Daiman and I will make sure we don't have doubles ;)
I know about the other Bathurst as well and saw your name on it. I hope it picks up. I really had to search to find it :)

Ok I am in, Completely new to rf2, mostly do AC or RRE but I m getting used to it..
I wonder why I cant adjust gears in both BES or APEX moding ferrari(have not tried other cars yet)
Also on BES TC does not seems to work and on APEX I cant adjust drivetrain :)

Ok I am in, Completely new to rf2, mostly do AC or RRE but I m getting used to it..
I wonder why I cant adjust gears in both BES or APEX moding ferrari(have not tried other cars yet)
On some Apex cars you need to go in the tuning menu (when you choose yr car but before enterinr server) and check the box unlock gearbox.

The Diff is not adjustable on the current Apex and its a big flaw.
The BES doesn not have adjustable gearing.

On some Apex cars you need to go in the tuning menu (when you choose yr car but before enterinr server) and check the box unlock gearbox.

The Diff is not adjustable on the current Apex and its a big flaw.
The BES doesn not have adjustable gearing.
Thanx for clarification :)
Ok I will be "may be" for this cause dont know how well will progress with pratice on RF2 :)

Welcome to the rF2 Club Ivaylo! :D

Regarding the non-adjustable gear ratios of any BES car and some of the Apex cars, this is a restriction for these mods (by design, rather than a limitation). However, some Apex cars, such as (correct me if I'm wrong) the BMW Z4, does have fully adjustable ratios.

Traction control definitely works for all cars, but the effect and feel may differ from car to car. Also, if you felt as though you were sliding around a lot this may be because the track is still fairly green. As more rubber is laid down, there will be an increase in grip over time.

The drivetrain cannot be adjusted for any car in rF2 (as far as I'm aware), but as David has already said I guess you mean the differential. Like the gear ratios, some of the cars have non-adjustable differentials by design; the parameter can, however, be tweaked for all of the BES cars, but only some of the Apex cars.

Hopefully we'll see you on track on Friday! :thumbsup:

Yes I mean diff's :) I struggle a little to setup the suspension of BES 458. And the track is hard to push without mistakes but if I m able to do consistent laps under 2.10(still cant) I will race on friday.

I see the server is up but I cant go on track, race button is inactive. Is this how it should be at this point ?

Yes I mean diff's :) I struggle a little to setup the suspension of BES 458. And the track is hard to push without mistakes but if I m able to do consistent laps under 2.10(still cant) I will race on friday.

I see the server is up but I cant go on track, race button is inactive. Is this how it should be at this point ?
Ah, OK! So you got the required advice! :D On this track the suspension is quick tricky to setup, regardless of which car you choose, so don't worry if it takes time to find something with which you are comfortable. Also, I'm sure that other drivers will be more than happy to share setups with you; I can send you one later.

Regarding lap-times, don't worry if you can't get below 2:10 - it's a learning experience at the end of the day, if nothing else - and if you require advice / tips then just ask.

It's possible that you've either entered the server as a spectator, or the current session won't allow you to go on track. It shouldn't be the latter because I have only just restarted the server. Try again, and make sure that spectator mode is off. I can confirm that you should be able to join the server and enter the track.

I will appriciate any nice base setup for the bes ferrari 458. As I mentioned the suspension troubles me most.
I tried to join the server yesterday evening, I m working now so will try again in the evening.

Thanks for the help :)

I will appriciate any nice base setup for the bes ferrari 458. As I mentioned the suspension troubles me most.
I tried to join the server yesterday evening, I m working now so will try again in the evening.

Thanks for the help :)
Just too add my limited knowledge. As already mentioned, don't worry too much about lap times, on this track there will be plenty of racers crashing regardless of fast or slow drivers.!!
Consistency is the key while practicing offline, and if you can get online early on Friday then having a chat, picking brains with other drivers will bring (hopefully) a faster setup.! :)

Just too add my limited knowledge. As already mentioned, don't worry too much about lap times, on this track there will be plenty of racers crashing regardless of fast or slow drivers.!!
Consistency is the key while practicing offline, and if you can get online early on Friday then having a chat, picking brains with other drivers will bring (hopefully) a faster setup.! :)

Thanks for the reply :)

It is always consistency the key, I cant do fast laptimes now cause still cannot do them clean with no mistakes if I start to do clean and consistent laps the times will drop. I m aware of that :) Currently I dont have much time to pracitce cause have to work whole day and there are some parts of the track that are very tricky and hardly can do them clean. The downhill part mostly, the braking and approching for skyline and the esses :).

There some tracks that I can start push with consistent laps easier and others that I strugle I guess it is a matter of driving style(all sims not RF2). On bathhurst I struggle hard for now :( and when we add the new game physics (I m new to RF2) I will need some practice to be able to do 45 minutes race tempo without crashing in the walls :)

@Metzger82
At Bathurst its really important to deal with these tricky downhill sections. (but you know that).
Tips: Add a little to front slow bump dampers. It will stop it lurching fwds and losing the rear end. Poss add a click or two to rear slow rebound. Maybe a click more front spring. Add diff lock on coast side, will reduce it wanting to swap ends. These things will create a little less responsive car (bit of understeer) but with all the topography you have seen it will turn.

The esses: get your downshifts done early while straight. Use power to get balance again through the turns. Get it straight again to downshift again. Poss slow your steering rack a bit, weight shift will turn the car a lot for you.
Use the terrain for your advantage, work with it.

Last edited:
@Metzger82
At Bathurst its really important to deal with these tricky downhill sections. (but you know that).
Tips: Add a little to front slow bump dampers. It will stop it lurching fwds and losing the rear end. Poss add a click or two to rear slow rebound. Maybe a click more front spring. Add diff lock on coast side, will reduce it wanting to swap ends. These things will create a little less responsive car (bit of understeer) but with all the topography you have seen it will turn.

The esses: get your downshifts done early while straight. Use power to get balance again through the turns. Get it straight again to downshift again. Poss slow your steering rack a bit, weight shift will turn the car a lot for you.
Use the terrain for your advantage, work with it.

Thanks for the tips :), this is what i m trying, to make the rear more stable and less lift off oversteer. Other problem I have is cold tyres.
I m going to practice now :)

IMPORTANT!

The server shall not be updated to the latest build (Build 1028) until next week; for this week's event we shall continue to use Build 1008. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. However, remember that it is possible to have multiple installs of rF2 - if you have already updated then you can download Build 1008 from here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back