AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 14th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Realtime app that comes with stock AC shows that. That's why I have both realtime and race position on my screen during the race :)

In blue you can see who's physically around me, and in red you can see race position:

View attachment 380712

The right app is Substanding: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding.4998/
Is there are reason why the times in realtime are all over the place? I use both and in substanding they're usually pretty accurate for deltas but in realtime sometimes the times are several thousand or they rapidly increase/decrease and only seem accurate if someone is relatively close.

Is there are reason why the times in realtime are all over the place? I use both and in substanding they're usually pretty accurate for deltas but in realtime sometimes the times are several thousand or they rapidly increase/decrease and only seem accurate if someone is relatively close.

Realtime doesn't make a moving average of the calculated delta, it just displays it directly. So it's "accurate" in the sense that it shows the real delta if the two cars continue at that speed, but highly volatile. Substanding has a configurable moving average window to smooth it out.

I use Substanding to measure the gap to others I'm racing, and realtime just so I know if I'm approaching a blue flagged car, and who it is so I can let them know on the mic. I don't really use the realtime delta for anything.

Yep yep.. one nissan racing machine for me :thumbsup:
1591822889879.png

nismo :cautious: or maybe bmw I'll decide later
Hi folks!

Vehicle - TBD

This will be my first proper online race (if I don't count the AC public lobbies). Hope my lap(ota) will handle the full grid!
Looking forward to the event :)
Yep yep.. one nissan racing machine for me :thumbsup:

All signed up lads :thumbsup:

@KLL1K3R, welcome! Make sure to familiarise yourself with the rules in the first and second posts and let me know which car you want by Saturday evening :)

Is there a trick with these GT3s keeping tyres warm or do they naturally go cold out of the pits then need an extended run to gradually warm them? I tried most of the cars out for half a dozen laps last night and with about half the cars (BMW, Lambo, GTR, Merc and to some degree the 911) I head out of the pits with warmed tyres, push immediately but by the time I've gone through 3 corners out of Surtees and along the straight on the first lap the tyres are blue, and other than the rear left that on some cars comes back up to temp, the rest stay pretty much cold for the next 5 laps. On the other hand when I drive a couple of the others like the 650S I don't seem to struggle with retaining temperature driving in a similar manner.

Is there a trick with these GT3s keeping tyres warm or do they naturally go cold out of the pits then need an extended run to gradually warm them? I tried most of the cars out for half a dozen laps last night and with about half the cars (BMW, Lambo, GTR, Merc and to some degree the 911) I head out of the pits with warmed tyres, push immediately but by the time I've gone through 3 corners out of Surtees and along the straight on the first lap the tyres are blue, and other than the rear left that on some cars comes back up to temp, the rest stay pretty much cold for the next 5 laps. On the other hand when I drive a couple of the others like the 650S I don't seem to struggle with retaining temperature driving in a similar manner.

A lot of keeping the tyre heat is driving smoothly and consistently. That said, it's normal on a clockwise circuit for the right hand side tyres to be cool, and the inverse on a counter-clockwise circuit. At Brands, most of your warming should be coming through Hawthorn, Westfield, and Dingle Dell.

If it's not warming up there, then you're almost certainly not demanding enough from the tyres :)

Yep I'm sure I won't be putting as much load in to the tyres as some of you as I'm not lapping on the limit by any stretch, it was just how cold they got in such a short time whilst taking those first few corners at decent pace that surprised me. Obviously my "decent" pace is significantly less than than outright decent pace, but I didn't think it would be that slow to have such a profound effect. Whats a good race pace lap for Brands in a GT3, I'm guessing 1:22-1:23s? In the 650s I recorded a couple of low 1:26s after ~10 laps in the car, retaining tyre temp pretty well with obvious room for improvement as I still haven't learned the car or track properly. In cold tyre afflicted cars I could only manage laps in the 1:28s or 29s due to a lack of tyre temperature which I've already lost by the time I start my first flying lap, so just need to work out how to get out of that viscious circle and retain/bring them back up to temperature, or pick a car I can keep temps up in. :D

... Hope my lap(ota)top will handle the full grid!

I did quite some practice and also tried to find the limits of my PC. Apparently the limit is somewhat at 20 cars grid without major stuttering and fps drops.

Therefore I am going to pull-out of this race. I thinks it is not going to make much fun this way and I would represent an danger to others.

But some day I'll be back!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea