AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There are plenty of free servers elsewhere. Premium memberships pay for the servers and website, and provide at least some incentive to keep away griefers. I think most would agree the quality of racing here is a lot higher than average :)
SOrry i thought that was the monthly cost. What's everything required to join? how often do you race? how often do you practice? is there a list of rules?

Last edited:
SOrry i thought that was the monthly cost. What's everything required to join? how often do you race? how often do you practice? is there a list of rules?

All if this can be found in posts 1 and 2 :)

As for regularity, I can only speak for GT3, and GT3 is every Sunday. We also typically have events on Monday and Wednesday, although they haven't resumed after the new year yet.

I used the setup Rasmus provided earlier and managed to put together a low'ish 1:25, but I had to tweak the gears as I was bogging down badly at druids. Vid shared for critical review if anyone has the time

I bottled the last corner and missed the apex at Surtees by a mile, but both seemed to cost me little compared to my normal errors. I have the MoTec output if anyone fancies comparing

I really struggle to be consistent at this track. T1 seems to be a bit of a lottery and I find myself erring on the side of caution on a number of corners. Bloody good fun in VR though

I used the setup Rasmus provided earlier and managed to put together a low'ish 1:25, but I had to tweak the gears as I was bogging down badly at druids. Vid shared for critical review if anyone has the time

I bottled the last corner and missed the apex at Surtees by a mile, but both seemed to cost me little compared to my normal errors. I have the MoTec output if anyone fancies comparing

I really struggle to be consistent at this track. T1 seems to be a bit of a lottery and I find myself erring on the side of caution on a number of corners. Bloody good fun in VR though

A few tips:

1. Your entry into Paddock Hill bend is a bit skewwhiff, you move towards the inside a bit, then go out again, then in again. Try staying to the left longer and making the corner just one in and one out motion.
  2. You can legally use more of the track out of Druids.
  3. Same as #1 for Surtees. To gain time here, you need to be more confident with the width of the car, so you can keep tracking the edge of the track without touching the grass, then sweep it in.
  4. You can legally use more of the track out of Hawthorn.
  5. Seems like you're sliding quite a bit, maybe consider increasing the aero or camber depending on what the reason for breaking grip is.

There's a lot going on here, and it seems complex. I'm not wanting to be esports racer. Is there more casual racing series avaialble here?
Oh, is this due to the vids @RasmusP and I posted? If so, that is the complete opposite to what we were trying to achieve and I'm so sorry for it coming across that way.

This is super casual. No championship, just turn up and race whatever event you feel like running in. There is competition for sure, but the level of sportsmanship shown is very high and there is a large range of abilities.

We normally don't do all this analysis stuff, it's just something I asked about after Spa last week as I wanted to try and improve a bit (I'm usually at the back somewhere), and peer review of a current event seemed a good way to help. I also hoped it would help others similar to me.

You can legally use more of the track out of
Yeah, I was kinda expecting that was going to be the case. I was losing the rear a fair bit when doing that on certain sections though, so I'll see if I can figure out how far I can push it when I am next on. It's interesting to note that @RasmusP was nearly a second quicker and seemed just as cautious as me though, so for 'race pace' I might concentrate on your other tips first.

you need to be more confident with the width of the car, so you can keep tracking the edge of the track without touching the grass, then sweep it in.
I think I'm getting better at this, but I have a nasty tendency to keep looking at the edge of the track as I approach the corner that I don't seem to be able to easily kick. More practice required!

Seems like you're sliding quite a bit
The setup seems to want to rotate easily, which I quite like, but now I have watched the video again I see what you mean and I doubt it's any good for the tyres. I'll speak to @RasmusP as he was going to test it in a race

Thanks again!

It's interesting to note that @RasmusP was nearly a second quicker and seemed just as cautious as me though, so for 'race pace' I might concentrate on your other tips first.
Yeah totally cautious when I hit the exit kerb in T1, had a wiggle but kept the throttle floored :p
But around the rest of the lap I was a bit cautious, yes.. Exit kerbs seem to be a bit slippery with the Porsche, inside kerbs can be unsettling but it's important to use them for the 3x 90° curves in the forest section.
The setup seems to want to rotate easily, which I quite like, but now I have watched the video again I see what you mean and I doubt it's any good for the tyres. I'll speak to @RasmusP as he was going to test it in a race
True... I had a look at our laps and you seem to lift the brakes too swiftly while turning a little bit more than me, which causes these ugly corner entry slides I'm having nightmares of from my races with the Audi and lambo hehe.

A lot of fast setups seem to have this in AC. I think we're just not good enough at corner entry to control it...
And it always happens to me in AC when I come back from rf2 gt3 or acc...

There's a lot going on here, and it seems complex. I'm not wanting to be esports racer. Is there more casual racing series avaialble here?

Its not, come along and give it a go, then you'll know for sure. Imagine not eating Jammie Dodgers your whole life because you thought they looked horrible then finding out in your 60s that they were amazing!

I'm new too, come join me at the back and work your way up as you learn more. There is a place for everyone.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back