AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 15th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to The Mountain, for some GT3 racing!!

51525133435_81530f0fb0_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 and Audi TT multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

MountPanorama87.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Mount Panorama Circuit, Mountain Straight, Bathurst,
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

@Shed 17

The Z4 sound mod. I use his for Lambo and 488. I think they sound great anyway, particularly the lambo.

Going to add this and the nissan if I can find it. Had no sound for either in the last race which made the start pretty weird.

For any sound mods copy the original file or files into a folder somewhere incase it's not your cupa tea.

Last edited:
Hey folks, I'm interested in joining the race this Sunday. Looking for the password to join the event on SImracing.GP and cannot locate that bit of info. Apologies, I've been out of the loop for sometime now when it comes to RD hosted events.

Thanks!

Hey folks, I'm interested in joining the race this Sunday. Looking for the password to join the event on SImracing.GP and cannot locate that bit of info. Apologies, I've been out of the loop for sometime now when it comes to RD hosted events.

Thanks!

Hi Gelly916 Alex. I will PM you the password. Please read the event details and rules in Post #2 carefully if you haven't already. See you on track :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just done ams2, I have been spoilt on this forum and AC, did not understand the rules of AMS 2, which are..
If someone dares to overtake, push him off the circuit. if that fails smash into him.
Basically in this AMS 2 race, stay away from all competitors, at least the ones I came across.

better still race a dodgem car.

I just do not get it.
OIP (1000).jpg

Wow, thats quite an upgrade for the z4. Others are good too, but that z4 imo was just so bland and made the car feel "weak". Hadn't tried out sound mods before this. Thanks for the links :thumbsup:

Also just a heads up for those that might not know (like myself until 10 min ago :p ), the Bathurst 12hr is running this weekend (and I think streaming free on youtube)

Just done ams2, I have been spoilt on this forum and AC, did not understand the rules of AMS 2, which are..
If someone dares to overtake, push him off the circuit. if that fails smash into him.
Basically in this AMS 2 race, stay away from all competitors, at least the ones I came across.

better still race a dodgem car.

I just do not get it.
View attachment 566611
I joined the same race Ernie. Aside from really struggling with the P2 car handling I didn't really get to race anybody and got a lonely 3rd. My only experiences with other cars were blue flag GT1 ones most of which forced me wide on the corners. In practice they were just driving though me like ghosts. That must be a game setting but doesn't embed awareness of slower cars later when the race starts. Qualifying was a disaster, 10 mins on spa with a faster class I only got one non disrupted lap in.

I found it more of an enjoy the scenery and day/night experience than enjoy the racing, it's nowhere near the standard I have got used to here with multiclass racing and conduct. Might be just less familiarity amongst the drivers, I only recognized you and Enzo the alien who probably didn't see anybody for long as people I have raced a lot with.

Curious what you thought of the GT1 cars to drive? I couldn't get a spot with those. I hated the P2.

Last edited:
Incidently I am in @Interslice. Not sure on a car yet. The usual format is I will try a couple, get frustrated and return to my trusted BMW. For now though I am going to be silly and pick the 911. It's a personal goal to run a respectable race in it one day and where better place to learn it than a track that resembles a pinball table in places.

Last edited:
I didn't really have any issues, but like Tim said, I only had to pass someone for position on the first lap after my poor start.

I hadn't tried AMS2 since a pre-beta version where it was a buggy mess. Coming back to it now, I was underwhelmed by the physics, felt quite arcadey and too easy to drive.
I'll have to try some other cars though.

@Fiberoptix
I was amazed at how good Ams2 is , it is a master piece.
If it had not been the driving experience, which was nothing to do with the Sim, I reaaly liked it very much.
The GT1 cars are sooooo good to drive, that is all I have driven apart from a go in P3 cars
last week , again a great drive. No idea about P2.

I think the Porsche is going to be great here, unfortunately I think it’s major problem is Thea amount of wing you will need to get you safely though that nightmare chicane.
:):)

PS1
sorry it is so different to Enzo’s opinion , but as I am a bewildered old git, go with Enzo’s point of view.

PS2
I had a lot of frame stutters, plus Discord seemed to keep shutting down and stuttering the engine sound, plus I spent the whole race with some people chatting away, all this made concentrating on racing somewhat difficult.

Still really enjoyed the Porsche GT1 though.

PS 3
I did not like the degree to which the tyres slide, just too much, slicks tend to stick and give loads of side G forces, cannot remember them sliding so easily and readily.
The end

Last edited:
@Fiberoptix
I was amazed at how good Ams2 is , it is a master piece.
If it had not been the driving experience, which was nothing to do with the Sim, I reaaly liked it very much.
The GT1 cars are sooooo good to drive, that is all I have driven apart from a go in P3 cars
last week , again a great drive. No idea about P2.

I think the Porsche is going to be great here, unfortunately I think it’s major problem is Thea amount of wing you will need to get you safely though that nightmare chicane.
:):)
It really is visually yes, the sunrise and fog on the track was mind blowing in VR. I think il have the odd fun race with it but it's not something I would spend much time getting familar with and practice for races etc.. I've tried the ACC club recently mid week and I found that much more familiar to drive. Bathurst was actually my first online race with it and I survived with just some paint scraping. Let's see if I can do the same tomorrow in the 911. An hour is a long time here :rolleyes:

Ah shame to hear Ernie, I think you had some bad luck in that regard because a lot of us had a great race yesterday! I do hope you will join more often in the future!

I have nothing but praise for P2, just the attitude of the majority of GT1 cars I had the misfortune to come across.:(
Still really enjoyed it.
Our club has such high standards, I suppose I am just plain spoilt.:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Well it kinda is the next stage of the rookie series so I suspect a lot of people have never driven multi-class. That may have been a contributing factor! Anyway, this Sunday we've got a lovely GT3 kerfuffle at Bathurst to look forward too! ;)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 86 58.1%