AC GT3 @ Algarve (Portimão) - Sunday 25th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It started at 8pm UK time last week, the issue here is that the US goes out of summer time one week before the UK :)

I believe this should be accurate: https://everytimezone.com/s/2fb5eefa
It started at 8pm UK time last week, the issue here is that the US goes out of summer time one week before the UK :)

I believe this should be accurate: https://everytimezone.com/s/2fb5eefa
For US it’s Nov 1st I believe. Thanks for the info. I’ll figure it out

Very interesting track indeed. After watching your videos @Chris Down I gave it a couple of laps.
Still need to figure out the best breaking points, but I somehow cant make the Z4 behave "right".

Got one problem in the first up hill left-hander, right at the apex over the bump I lose traction and the car gets unstable, so I cant take it flat. Also the last right hander before the straight, I got massive understeer when I try to take the corner flat in 4/5th gear. Guess there is a lot of setup tweaks I could go for, but I am a total noob in that regard. Would really appreciate a small hint in which direction too look for.

Very interesting track indeed. After watching your videos @Chris Down I gave it a couple of laps.
Still need to figure out the best breaking points, but I somehow cant make the Z4 behave "right".

Got one problem in the first up hill left-hander, right at the apex over the bump I lose traction and the car gets unstable, so I cant take it flat. Also the last right hander before the straight, I got massive understeer when I try to take the corner flat in 4/5th gear. Guess there is a lot of setup tweaks I could go for, but I am a total noob in that regard. Would really appreciate a small hint in which direction too look for.

Driving 650s i had exact same issues with corners you mentioned.. no idea how to setup the car though.. would appreciate some advice.. thanks

Schumacher

Not that I am in position to tell anyone about setups Stefan after my last cock up.:confused:

Mess with your fast bump settings, note how the car reacts to the bump, if only one end reacts then have a go with that end of the car.
It is a very difficult thing to explain taking every detail into account.
So very simply if the front jumps uncontrollably, then start to reduce fast bump with the view to then refining the fast rebound once fast bump is, if, sorted.

It could be that your rebound both fast and slow, could have a jacked up wheel that is not returning to terra firmer quick enough, the problem is that you may make slow rebound adjustment for that one corner which then impacts the rest of the circuit.

I can take that bump flat in the Nissan with very little effect. ( bet i now have an off there in the race ):unsure:

The last fast right hander, so far the only car to do that flat I have driven is the Ferrari and McLaren, even then it asks more skill than I posses.

Certainly, have to lift halfway with the Nissan.

Got one problem in the first up hill left-hander, right at the apex over the bump I lose traction and the car gets unstable, so I cant take it flat.

Two things:

• If you get unstable when over bumps/kerbs, it usually means the suspension is too hard. Try reducing the spring rate. For this corner in particular, due to the sudden inclination change, the compression needs even more flexibility to rebound than usual, so look at your rebound/fast rebound settings, and try to adjust your bump settings to smooth it out so you don't bounce.
  • Consider short shifting, or changing your gearing. If your power output is too high when the wheel touches the ground again, the diff may not be able to compensate quickly enough. For example, I usually take the corner in 3rd at about 6000 rpm in the 650s, which is just small enough to keep the diff under control.
Also the last right hander before the straight, I got massive understeer when I try to take the corner flat in 4/5th gear. Guess there is a lot of setup tweaks I could go for, but I am a total noob in that regard. Would really appreciate a small hint in which direction too look for.

That corner usually has understeer anyway since the tyres start going off mid-way, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

One thing that may help is moving the aero balance more to the front -- increasing front wing and decreasing rear wing. In reality, in the race I'm scrubbing a little every single lap in that corner, so you need to be comfortable controlling a 0.5-1 degree drift or so.

Last edited:
Done a few laps today. I guess that the VR boys will have a big advantage on this track. Especially with the slow, blind left handler on the top of the hill with that killing kerb on the inside and no good marking for the brake/turn-in point.
I did it with the setup from Brands Hatch but it will need quite some changes is my first impression. Thanks for the advice above!

Z4 please.

Does anyone know what would causes a screen lockup when entering the pits? The last two races I have have 1-2 second screen freeze with the sound and FF still running. This happens as soon as I cross the pit entry line.

I usually end up in the wall. Not sure if following me into the pits is a good idea!

I too have had problems with the aforementioned corners. I appreciate the tips Chris! I found if you really push the last corner the scrub really heats up the front left. With a slight lift I can get through OK.

Sign me up please! Z4. I've ventured in the Lambo and 911 recently but need my reliable beamer back lol.

I guess that the VR boys will have a big advantage on this track. Especially with the slow, blind left handler on the top of the hill with that killing kerb on the inside and no good marking for the brake/turn-in point.

Yo bro... Don't forget about me, probably the lone "Trackir + ultrawide monitor = heaven" user in the field!!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::thumbsup:
2020_0503_073856_026_(1)_copy_2859x1603.jpg

My fov on this monitor sitting about 31 inches away is 24 degrees in game. Got that recommendation from an online fov calculator

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back