AC GT3 @ Algarve (Portimão) - Sunday 25th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry, I quit early in the race. You know I don't do that normally but this time I went off in the last turn on the inside where you can go through the barrier and end up in a canyon. So I got beamed to the pits where the pitstop began. Ended with 78 litres of fuel on track and already a lap behind. Not much fun for me anymore. Hope you had a great race all and see you next Sunday at Imola?

Sorry somehow I couldn't hear teamspeak so if someone spoke to me I couldn't hear it. Spun on lap 1 at the fast uphill left as I tried to avoid a crash as someone spun in front of me. That's racing. After an error I quit as I was at the end of the field anyway.
Have fun guys cu next race and sorry to anyone involved in lap 1 incident.

Great race everyone! Pretty happy with my performance, no major mistakes -- a couple of code browns, but nothing too serious. The long right hander was really sketchy by the end though :coffee:

I did a medium 50% + 50% strategy, no tyre change. Struggled a bit with the tyres after pitting, since I couldn't really get the hang of the car with the really worn tyres, but got there eventually. My goal for the first stint was 1:43.3-7, and that was mostly fine, but only once managed to get below 1:44 on the second stint. Eventually I just learned to apply maximum drift in T1, which seemed to work, albeit with a very angry rear left tyre ;)

My goal is always to improve, so I'm happy with the result -- my times were faster than last time we raced here, and the consistency was higher too.

@HF2000 is right on the money! We'll be going to Imola next week, and I'd love to see you all there. I saw what looked like a lot of good racing and battles when I was coming through, hope you all had a great time! Great to see some new faces, as well. :thumbsup:

Since @Norkin isn't here, here is the race data, as well: https://simresults.net/201025-n1R

Last edited:
Well done to the podiums. I must have fluked 2nd in quali as I definitely didn't have the pace in the race and struggled to fend @Medilloni off for the first few laps.
After he got by I was immediately under pressure from @random2k4 place.
Then the mistakes started.

@Kek700 sorry for the dodgy reentry after my pit stop.

I started the race forgetting to turn on gsync and nearly crashed on the pit straight trying to hit alt|return to reenable it.

But what else would you be doing on a Sunday evening eh!

Thanks Chris. See y'all next week.

Last edited:
I did not participate in this, but you lot are very active after the race and I need a quick answer. I need 2 apps for AC:
1.One that always shows brake bias on display. Now it's only shown when you actually change it, but sometimes I forget to do it and I want it to be always on.
2. One app that shows only the squares from the original Lap Time app. I don't want to see the delta from that app.

Thanks ;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
I did not participate in this, but you lot are very active after the race and I need a quick answer. I need 2 apps for AC:
1.One that always shows brake bias on display. Now it's only shown when you actually change it, but sometimes I forget to do it and I want it to be always on.
2. One app that shows only the squares from the original Lap Time app. I don't want to see the delta from that app.

Thanks ;):thumbsup:

I don't know of any that meets your criteria for either, I'm afraid.

What a race. Was pretty supprised I could match the pace of the Top 5 in quali. So I started 3rd. Again I had an OKish start with @Medilloni squeezing through in the first hairpin. We had a nice 3 car pack for a couple of laps. Managed to overtake @GEO147 after a nice battle. Just couldn't catch the first two anymore after that. Had a pretty clean race without many issues. I was really stressed out at the end of my second stint when my softs just behaved like butter in each corner. @Kek700 was 10 secs behind me in lap 30 but only 2 secs in the last one. Supper happy with my first 3rd place podium finish, and giving the fact that I only started simracing in July/August this year there is not much more I could ask for. See you all next week.

Have fun guys. Still connection issues. Just 2 more weeks hopefully

Hopefully same here. Will definitely have moved in and the pc set up by then so i can start getting the eye in again. Just need to get internet sorted for racing, which is proving tricky as we don't have a postcode yet. Think I might be able to get a wireless fibre thing as a stop gap...

Looking forward to getting back doing a few races. Hope they've been going well :)

Hey Chris @Chris Down thanks for putting on tonight's race, really enjoyed it, absolutely fantastic track:inlove:

As much I love the place, have always made a total mess of it, so, happy with the result. Joining late thought I'd just aim for consistency in the first half... 2nd half I was survival mode, totally knackered:laugh:

Came out of the1st stop and saw George @GEO147 and, I think, Luca @Luca Badin ahead, again!, realised they'd done something illegal cunning:whistling: with their stops and had it all to do again.

Used 2 sets of mediums for confidence, 1 set might have lasted but my skill level on knackered cold tyres is wanting. Def need to put more work into that:unsure:

Congrats to Chris and Stefan @random2k4 for the podium, and thanks to all for the racing tonight:)

Last edited:
Nice to chase and not be chased for once, good race for me too.
I put a bit of practice and effort into getting first gear right for the slow hair pin, and just right for an un-bogged down start line get away.
So i managed to bog it down at the start, again.:mad: So that was 4 places gone, again.
Turn out was a bit thin, why, not sure about that. It is certainly a difficult but interesting circuit.
Some interesting battles with Hape and Luca, Luca was having some tyre problems, I am sure, I was taking the occasional chunk of time out of his lead, and he let me go past in the end, so grateful for that Luca.
Just lost to much time during the whole race and start to do anything about Stefan, I could see that if I caught him an overtake was in my favour, another victim of tyres I assumed. But he in the end had too much of a lead.:(
Planed to try and hook onto to John, but the start put paid to that too, but cannot complain, in the end a good satisfying race.:thumbsup:
Congrats to podiums and Chris for the event.

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! As @HF2000 correctly guessed, come join us next week for 60 minutes of racing action at Imola! I'd love to see you back :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%