AC GT2 @ Watkins Glen Boot (w/chicane) - Fri 29Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
sign me up in a 911
You've got it. You sure are a brave lad. @Dirk Steffen any help you could give this young man with regards to the 911 would be much appreciated:thumbsup:

Dirk's the man I was telling you about Ryan. If someone can come up with a livable setup, Ze Krazy German is your man;) He's not a bad guy either, but don't tell him I told you. I have a reputation to uphold as the Overlord:sneaky: of The Hooligans
cassios_the_executioner___normal_by_namesjames-d7wuij0.jpg

I never ran this track - have no clue about the track and won't race on the track, but here you go with a rough basic setup I just built.

You still need to decide if you want even less aero or more aero. There are no fuel loads and tires are regardless of what the race is going to be (I ALWAYS do my test sessions on all cars with 60l fuel and medium tires to have a common benchmark).

A few quick setup notes where to pick up work:

Balance F/R is roughly ok.
The car is still a bit dangerous around the rear end if you overdrive it - aim to secure rear end.
Tire slip plots indicate brake balance too far to the front, yet moving brake balance further to the rear will result in more difficulty in the braking zone - aim to: increase front tire grip + secure rear end in braking zone)
It doesn't like curbs just yet.
There is still some under steering in the slower corners.
I didn't aero balance the car yet.
For now I went for a rather low setup (splitter and diffusor work well as set up but you have to stay clear off the high curbs).
I like my Porsche with a loose rear end, you may want to tweak it for more safety if you don't like that.
Tire camber setup is almost perfect - don't use camber changes for balance changes, use toe and right height instead.
Watch the front left tire for temperature spread and camber - it is at it's limit and the current setup compromises both to keep temperature in check while still delivering a healthy contact patch for lateral grip.
Don't change ARB balance on it's own - if you need to change ARB you need to change spring rates and right height correspondingly - current ARB balance is sufficient in terms of body roll figures overall and balance front to rear with currently set spring rates.
Damper settings are balanced ok as a basic setup but are relatively stiff for this type of car.
Be careful with rear ride height, do not lift the rear or soften slow rebound damper or change spring rates drastically - the rear end in this setup / track / car combination is very sensitive and diffusor stall can occur abruptly when running high curbs or during abrupt weight transfer.
Watch the front left tire - it is prone to overheating on this track - you may want to work to achieve the following continuing from this setup:
- aim for less aggressive front toe
- loose grip on rear end (especially in fast, long right hand turns) by means of less negative camber at left rear, toe changes to rear end, less rear wing, stiffer rear spring rate (with corresponding ride height correction to keep F/R balance)
This will alleviate FL-tire temp.
This car on this track will absolutely benefit from an asymmetrical setup (especially:
-camber,
- toe,
- ride height
- slow dampers (fast dampers are almost ALWAYS set up asymmetrical as to their corresponding rates due to running bumps, curbs, etc with a specific racing line and I set them up EXCLUSIVELY in cycles through telemetry data)
I did not analyse suspension geometry changes under load around the track yet.
Bump stops are set only very roughly and definitely need fine tuning (in liaison with spring rates, further ARB contemplation, slow dampers, asymmetrical ride height, camber, etc).

Lastly: take this all with a grain of salt - I spent only 20 min on this setup, ran the track for the first time and am roughly ~6 sec off the RSR record (which usually run on softs, ideal temp and low fuel but regardless I am SLOW)

I suggest before you dive into this or any setup, run the car with default setup (only shorten final gear ratio and adjust tire pressure) to get familiar with the track FIRST.

If you kill yourself, blame @Bobby Pennington

Attachments

• Porsche RSR 2017 - Watkins Glen Boot - basic.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 244
Please sign me up I like the track and I get to drive the best car in AC the Porsche RSR.
You've got it Sheb. You probably have this, but if not, you can thank me later for directing you to it:D It is AMAZING:inlove: Make sure to backup your original sound file first. Here's the link to the sound mod:) Just a note. You'll probably have to reinstall it after Windows update if you're using Windows 10. It's no big deal, but for whatever reason, sometimes it borks your sound with certain updates. Have any questions, just drop me a PM;)

You've got it Sheb. You probably have this, but if not, you can thank me later for directing you to it:D It is AMAZING:inlove: Make sure to backup your original sound file first. Here's the link to the sound mod:) Just a note. You'll probably have to reinstall it after Windows update if you're using Windows 10. It's no big deal, but for whatever reason, sometimes it borks your sound with certain updates. Have any questions, just drop me a PM;)

Thanks for the sound mod suggestion I tried it tonight and really liked it. Looking forward to tomorrow night I missed the last 2 AC social events been busy getting my camper ready for 1600 mile trip to Nova Scotia. I attached a photo of the race rig I built out of Operating room equipment booms that I helped remove from the hospital I work at. You will probably appreciate it more than my wife. And yes it is a power seat that works.:)
IMG_20180628_213421.jpg

Thanks for the sound mod suggestion I tried it tonight and really liked it. Looking forward to tomorrow night I missed the last 2 AC social events been busy getting my camper ready for 1600 mile trip to Nova Scotia. I attached a photo of the race rig I built out of Operating room equipment booms that I helped remove from the hospital I work at. You will probably appreciate it more than my wife. And yes it is a power seat that works.:)View attachment 257859
Glad you liked the sound mod. Pretty awesome isn't it:inlove:

Man your rig is really cool. I'm like you and take stuff that's not supposed to work and make it work. I'll be doing something pretty soon:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%