GT style wheel + button box! Need Solution

Hello everyone

Sooo, i have a Thrustmaster T300RS and i'm on my way into building a GT3/GTE car style steering wheel, and in this wheel i will have these things implemented:
1. Push buttons
2. ON/OFF toggle switches
3. Rotary encoders with push function
all of this connected to a LEO BODNAR BBI-32 board

But my plan is, when i'm racing online and i would like to switch the wheel depending on the car, so i will either use the GT steering wheel or the Thrustmaster steering wheel, the problem with this is, when i will use the Thrustmaster wheel i won't have acces to all the buttons i've put in the GT steering wheel. (yes i knwo the thrustmaster has buttons too, but thats not what i'm looking for here, plus if i would like to use the button on the thrustmaster steering wheel i would have to assign every button everytime i switch the wheel)

I hope i havent lost you unntil here.:)

So my plan is i would build a button box with the same configuration of buttons just like the GT steering wheel, so when i will use the Thrustmaster wheel i will have the button box to adjust all the things i will assign the buttons, and when i switch to the GT wheel i won't use the button box because i will have all of my buttons in the steering wheel.

And my question is this: HOW DO I MAKE THE GT STEERING WHEEL AND THE BUTTON BOX TO '' ACT LIKE THEY ARE 1 '' ??
Because for example a button function like '' pit limiter '' a can not assign two different buttons too make it work!!!!

I do all of this because i like to have a rouund wheel and a GT style steering wheel

Thnx for any one who will help
And if you have any other question, don't hesite to ask

Check out this video, it covers how to assign keyboard inputs to input devices. If you simply map the Pit Limiter to the keyboard key "L" and then just map both your buttonboxes to emulate pressing L, they will both do the same thing.

Upvote 0
yeah this looks great, but will the button for example ''pit limitter '' be recognised as one even if i press it in the button box or the steering wheel. becausue thats my dilema here, i will use two leo bodnar boards with the same button config on the steering wheel as well in the button box,

Upvote 0
a great example is this, i have a Thrustmaster T300RS and the TH8A shifter in SQ mode, and when i play a sim racing game, i can shift up or down usng the paddle shifters on the steering wheel or i can use the shifter UP and DOWN, no matter witch way i shift it inputs the same '' button press ''

thats what i'm looking to do with the button box and the steering wheel i want to build my self

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back