AC GT Multiclass @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 16th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Both Chris, Rasmus and you are right. It just has happened to me so many times that it starts to frustrate a lot. The basics of racing is to understand what happens around you and that you know where you are for yourself and your surroundings and that you know the meaning of the different flags. It's not to much to ask, that's the way I learned it. Again, excuse me for my bad story telling .

Have a good day all
To be fair it's doesn't happen here normally, last night was a first for me regarding reckless drivers racing here. Your accident is probably a lack of experience on the slower car and not outright reckless like some of the others, they will learn from it as did you and all of us. Looking forward to racing you again

i noticed this last week and this week in my race report ( :unsure: ) basically said that with new comers , people who are not that conversant with the meaning of the rules, just starting out with online racing, been on open servers and especially in mixed class racing.
You just have to be pragmatic about it all, you may be catching someone at a few tenths a lap then loose 6 seconds on one series of bends. You will get too too frustrated if you take it seriously.
These events i am liking very much and it is for me great fun, you just cannot carve your way though a field of GT4 cars, you just have to accept the loss and hope Mr fate gives it back to you next time.
I take it seriously when we are in a championship events and just single class were my lack of ability is the factor in my down fall, but in these races it is really out of your personal control.
But that's what makes it fun, the banter was really good fun last night, maybe not all agree with that, but it was interesting to say the least. :)

I think the major problem is that on s.gp there is no indication of the forum here and that there is a specific set of rules. So new drivers, or drivers on s.gp that are only looking for races dont know that such thing as a "Racing Club" even exist. There should be an extra tab on s.gp with the link to the race. Or a tab that summarizes the first 2-3 posts in the forum.

One might also enforce the voice chat rule. All that are not connected to the discord voice chat will be kicked from the race, as I am not seeing any reason why they could not connect. No mic? You basically only need to listen.

But yeah generally this was only the second race in my over 35 here, were we had to deal with Torpedo Tom or Heatseeking Mick. So its by no means a bad average.

Last edited:
I think the major problem is that on s.gp there is no indication of the forum here and that there is a specific set of rules. So new drivers, or drivers on s.gp that are only looking for races dont know that such thing as a "Racing Club" even exist. There should be an extra tab on s.gp with the link to the race. Or a tab that summarizes the first 2-3 posts in the forum.
I think it's enforced by the password which is only in this thread, right? But probably people go to the thread, get the password, and don't think anything else at all.

I know for championships and series on simracing.gp there is an about tab which is nice, but I'm not going to pretend I know how thats set up and/or different from single race.

As for the racing this week at Road Atlanta, we sure Netflix wasn't there producing a new "Race Department: Drive to Survive" series? Might explain some of the extra "energy" ;):D:laugh:

Last edited:
I think it's enforced by the password which is only in this thread, right? But probably people go to the thread, get the password, and don't think anything else at all.
The password for the race server is the same as always, and might be also used for other races on s.gp, so there would be no need to check anything. Maybe switching them up will deal a little with the problem. But sure does not stop people from just grabbing the password and move on without reading the rest.

Chris and Stefan and others. The password for registering for future events isn't in the thread anymore. Everyone who wants to register for a race on S.GP has to send a PM to Brian or me. That way we are sure that we can inform them what to do (basically all that's in the first post). We hope we can prevent races like yesterday. Anyway, we will have their RD account to take action if needed.

It's already working as I have experienced for the Italian Job event tomorrow.

BTW for those interested in the Classic F1 Championship: only four spots left!

Last edited:
I pay money to be Premium and to participate in these online races and expect from people/drivers they know the rules, if they don't, please kick them out, because I'm done.

Please read rule 8 below. If you feel a single incident was particularly bad or you were unhappy with the response from the other guy, send staff a PM.

Rule 8
Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member whom organised your race via PM, sending them an incident report that follows the procedure outlined here.

Last edited:
All the garbage that happened during the race aside it was good one in the middle/rear of the GT4 class.

I decided to be very cautious into T1 as my practice laps were mucked about by a certain 911. Seeing them mid-pack in the GT4 grid was all I needed to see. Took care to survive the first 5-10mins and knew I could stay out for the duration of the race on one set of tires. Not too sure if waiting to put was a good decision but I can’t complain about my finishing position. I think pit-stop strategy is something I need to work on this year.

What happened to you @JamKart22 ? We were having a terrific battle there for a couple of laps. Did you go off?

I’m really liking these Ginnettas! Such a stable drive and I felt like I could really push it, especially through the esses. Thanks for putting it all together and dealing with the trouble makers @Interslice and @HF2000

Last edited:
All the garbage that happened during the race aside it was good one in the middle/rear of the GT4 class.

I decided to be very cautious into T1 as my practice laps were mucked about by a certain 911. Seeing them mid-pack in the GT4 grid was all I needed to see. Took care to survive the first 5-10mins and knew I could stay out for the duration of the race on one set of tires. Not too sure if waiting to put was a good decision but I can’t complain about my finishing position. I think pit-stop strategy is something I need to work on this year.

What happened to you @JamKart22 ? We were having a terrific battle there for a couple of laps. Did you go off?

I’m really liking these Ginnettas! Such a stable drive and I felt like I could really push it, especially through the esses. Thanks for putting it all together and dealing with the trouble makers @Interslice and @HF2000
Can't see any battle in the replay - you sure it was me?

Hmm…well I can’t confirm either since I never saved the replay before taking the GT4 around Watkins. :whistling: Took a look at the results and maybe it was @Casper de Wit ?

Either way, it was a nice fight through tight corners. Kudos for the fair but firm racing, really enjoyed it :D:thumbsup:

Would someone be so kind as to post a copy of the race?

Now that you mention it, I think it was us. Fortunately I did eventually get to fight Colin and eventually Brian too. Despite being used as a mobile ARMCO barrier I did have a lot of good racing in the GT4 class!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back