AC GT Multiclass @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 16th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi. I rode for the first time on your portal, and a full race in the AC also rode for the first time. The pace, to my surprise, I had a good, but because of the freeze on the exit of the pitlane, I got damage, which made the car became unpredictable. Towards the end of the second half of the race I lost all my winning positions because of car problems.
But I still enjoyed it all, everyone fought clean.
And I still have one question: are the pits compulsory or not?
Welcome to the group. Pit info is in the first post

• Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
and you have to put in a min of 1 ltr of fuel. Tyre change is up to you

Yes, during these GT events pitstops are mandatory. You can just take a single litre of fuel(1L) which makes them effectively a stop and go. Though I think you were in the 911, where it's usually worth grabbing a fresh set of softs given how quickly they eat through them!
Thank you. The soft tires overheated after 2 laps and were extremely difficult to ride, but the medium tires were perfect. I think they could have been not changed, the wear was about 35-40% after 40 minutes. I don't know how much this wear is for this game, but the delta losses were not critical.

Thank you. The soft tires overheated after 2 laps and were extremely difficult to ride, but the medium tires were perfect. I think they could have been not changed, the wear was about 35-40% after 40 minutes. I don't know how much this wear is for this game, but the delta losses were not critical.

You can change between 3 compounds before race and do it any time during the pit window(opens 10 minutes after start and 10 minutes before end of race).

Hi Vladislav,

Welcome to our community. What I saw you did ok yesterday. Two important things though if you want to keep joining. First: always read the first post where you find the password. We put there essential information about the race, like if the pitstop is mandatory or we having split qualify or aredoing a rolling start. The second is to join us on Discord voice chat during the event. That way we can give additional instructions and also you can get or give instructions to a car that's lapping you or that you are going to lap. Very useful in multiclass races.

If you want/need more practice with that, you can join our multiclass on Wednesday with easier cars.

See you on track!

Glad everyone else had a good time but my worst race in my year of racing here. Many incidents, not my fault, topped of with torpedo tom choosing to drive through me rather than round me. Can't be bothered to pm him as I don't know his RD name and to be honest I don't want to talk to him. I shan't enter a race if he's in it. I'll do something more enjoyable - like filling in my tax return!

Sorry to you and anyone else who got their race wrecked last night. No doubt there were others . I luckily managed to avoid any collision until I spun all by myself and roadblocked the exit of turn five... Apologies if I took anyone out. There was a few bangs and scraped but I think everyone kept it pointing the right way!

Myself and Han are discussing ways to improve things around new sign ups at the moment and the bug with the admin commands has been reported.

Until I know that bug is fixed 100% I will probably introduce some sort of measure where I PM you guys the join password for a week or two.

I was sloppy in my admin last night during qually but it really shouldn't have effected more than that GT4 qually. I decided not to kick anyone during the race, as they could rejoin anyway. And mainly they could have re-joined for the wrong reason if you get me.

On a positive note I thought the track was great. I've been looking forward to it for nearly a year now! I think we should run it back in a few weeks without the public server factor!

Hopefully see you all on the next one!

I was sloppy in my admin last night during qually but it really shouldn't have effected more than that GT4 qually.

Don't worry about it, you and Han have been doing a great job organizing the GT races and championships in the past year. Yesterday was an outlier where your hands were tied in the end anyway due to admin bugs.

The track is fantastic, love to see it again!

My moan was no criticism of Brian & Han - who do a superb job of putting on these races and dealing with the aftermath. They have there own races to drive so it's not fair that they have to sacrifice it boot someone off.

Is there any mileage in enforcing some sort of experience ladder to stop people jumping into a GT3 car with no apparent race craft? We have MX5/TT/GT4/GT3 cars that provide a good learning opportunity and people could build up their skills in the lower powered machinery .

It's obviously all extra work for the admins and I'm guessing the platform doesn't support forcing someone in a particular car. Anyway, just a thought.

Might be fun to insist you need a podium in a lower class car in order to move up to the next car. Starting to sound like career mode :laugh:
Hmm, I'm not sure that speed or even consistency necessarily maps neatly into safety. There are some drivers with adequate pace who have poor wheel to wheel abilities, and some slower drivers who are perfectly predictable and reliable.

I'd suggest not over-pivoting for what happened last night -- it seems like an anomaly rather than the norm. At least, I've certainly not seen such phenomena previously in the last 4 years of racing here. That said, we should work out why so many drivers who hadn't read the rules, practiced the track, or seemingly had any experience in the cars joined at once.

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun until Alfredo Zavaleta screwed up my leading race in the Ginetta. It's just unbelievable some people just don't watch their mirrors or don't look at all and ignoring blue flags. These idiots and excuse my language should be banned. He ****ed over the leading Ginetta, me. I was leading the race and all of a sudden this blind idiot is in front of me.

I'm not participating in races anymore of I see idiots sign up for online racing. He should get a ban for wreckless driving and doesn't give a **** about the rules. It's just unbelievable.

I pay money to be Premium and to participate in these online races and expect from people/drivers they know the rules, if they don't, please kick them out, because I'm done.

Last edited:
After a good qualifying performance, I decided to go onto 1x mediums with a splash and dash towards the end of the race but that didn’t work. I lost too much time on the medium compounds compared to those around me so will be back to the softs for the next one.
Plenty has been said about the standard of some of the ‘new’ drivers but I can say that what I saw of Tiago, Pascal, Dejan and Vladislav, they all behaved very well, were obviously experienced drivers who obeyed the rules and had good race craft. I did experience one driver who, when he stayed on the track, had no intention of obeying the blue flag rule when being lapped and cost me time and concerns over if I was going to get T-boned when I did get by.
Up until now just about every event I have been in has been self-policing and I totally agree with what has been said about Brian and Han’s administration, nothing short of superb and a difficult job when things do get a bit spicy. But the relaxed nature of these club races has, (up until recently), always been the main attractions of competing so it would be a shame to have to change that and we shouldn’t fall into the ‘knee jerk reaction trap just because of a minority. But the success of these events will bring its challenges so hopefully Brian and Han can come up with some form of relaxed qualifying or licence criteria for new club members to be able to compete at the various levels.
Being on Discord certainly helps and it was useful (and hilarious at times) to hear of potential problems up ahead by ‘Chris-tal Ball’ Down :D who had an uncanny knack of predicting what the car up ahead was going to do. I’m sure this intelligence helped a lot of the regulars avoid some of the problem drivers, but in my view there probably does need to be more of a control on unknown drivers before they are let loose, particularly in the faster cars/events.
Well done to Chris, the podiums and to everyone who persevered despite the difficulties and thanks to Brian for doing a great job and who’s own race must have been messed up by all that was going on.:thumbsup:

Well that was intense! I thought we would have closer GT4 racing up front but the first few laps I think was about not getting twatted by the GT3 back markers. Not sure what happened to Martin but he went off in the esses about 10 laps to go and I went through. We had almost identical pace but he just had the edge and a gap I would not have closed otherwise so bad luck mate.

The back marker GT3s, one in particular who stayed out for the full qualify and decided to make it a race with me. But otherwise, just a word of advice, if you are barely a second faster than the slower class consider stepping down a car and give the GT4 a go instead. You might keep it on track consistently and have more fun.

I think I managed to avoid most of the carnage, heard some crazy talk on the radio of people deliberately trying to knock others off, that's a first to hear that for me here so well done to whoever that clown was. Top pack of GT3s great clean passing including some new faces. Congratulations Chris and Brian thanks for organising, great track this one.
Martin went off because, well I posted some below. It's just ridiculous. We had some nice pace together but you didn't gain a lot on me. Such a nice race until Alfredo screwed me.

I had a lot of fun until Alfredo Zavaleta screwed up my leading race in the Ginetta. It's just unbelievable some people just don't watch their mirrors or don't look at all and ignoring blue flags. These idiots and excuse my language should be banned. He ****ed over the leading Ginetta, me. I was leading the race and all of a sudden this blind idiot is in front of me.

I'm not participating in races anymore of I see idiots sign up for online racing. He should get a ban for wreckless driving and doesn't give a **** about the rules. It's just unbelievable.

I pay money to be Premium and to participate in these online races and expect from people/drivers they know the rules, if they don't, please kick them out, because I'm done.
Thanks for bashing the leading Ginetta yesterday. You know what blue flags are? Do you know what mirrors are meant for? You should get a ban.
Martin went off because, well I posted some below. It's just ridiculous. We had some nice pace together but you didn't gain a lot on me. Such a nice race until Alfredo screwed me.

RD has a rule that all disputes should be first sorted out by PM with the other driver, and then by PMing staff if that doesn't resolve things to your satisfaction. Please do that :)

RD staff can't be expected to telepathically know every incident which happened in a race if you don't report it first.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you ask for a refund then and leave the club racing here.
Such an outburst in the public forum is neither nice nor allowed according to the rules.
You have to sort these out via PMs in normal manner.
If you can't control the anger yet, which is understandable to some extend, you should wait until you calmed down enough.

Then either start a direct pm with the driver you're having a problem with or if that's not possible for you, put the admin of the race into the PM with you two.

Or if you're so angry that you can't be bothered to do this at all, write a kind pm to the race admins directly and report the offending driver.

I'd suggest you ask for a refund then and leave the club racing here.
It should be the other way
around. They should give money back to people who can't obey and follow the racingrules.

And yes, I'm frustrated and yes I know that it's not that nice on my side, but it is what it is, these things happen. Excuse my language I just don't understand that people CAN join a server like this. The endurance races should be for the more experienced. That's the last thing I have to say about it. I PM'd the guy.

To all: Brian and I will from now on distribute the password to register via a PM. That way we can have a dialogue with newcomers and give them instructions and advice to prevent what happened yesterday. Yes, more work for us beforehand but hopefully a lot less afterwards. And more clean racing of course.

@Fabrizio Martin: I confirm what Chris and Rasmus said.
But we also trying to help newcomers to become better drivers in every sense. So before banning them, we will give them a chance to improve their driving behaviour.
Both Chris, Rasmus and you are right. It just has happened to me so many times that it starts to frustrate a lot. The basics of racing is to understand what happens around you and that you know where you are for yourself and your surroundings and that you know the meaning of the different flags. It's not to much to ask, that's the way I learned it. Again, excuse me for my bad story telling .

Have a good day all

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back