AC GT Multiclass @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 16th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I remember in the old version of Road Atlanta people generally agreed that the wide kerb at the exit of the esses is not really a kerb and is legal for use on the basis that anything that wide isn't really a kerb. Still true for the new version, right? Just want to make sure I know which line to practice later today :)

It's as good a time as any to knock that on the head and go with 2 wheels within the white lines from here on. Looking at some recent IMSA races there, they are all keeping 2 wheels on the track for the exit.

Last edited:
It's as good a time as any to knock that on the head and go with 2 wheels within the white lines from here on. Looking at some recent IMSA races there, they are all keeping 2 wheels on the track for the exit.
Probably needs even more clarification then since I think that line is yellow :D

Sounds good then, I'll keep it in the lines there and hope everyone else will also be gentlemanly and do the same.

Don't see how you'll police it in this race. 33 drivers, many new and not on discord. Going to be frantic

I suspect that people not paying attention and not being on discord will also fail to follow the qualifying rules. So our glorious racing club overlords can probably intercept the problem cases during that time frame.

Besides, you can always report constant violation post race for what it's worth.

I suspect that people not paying attention and not being on discord will also fail to follow the qualifying rules. So our glorious racing club overlords can probably intercept the problem cases during that time frame.

Besides, you can always report constant violation post race for what it's worth.
All the new guys are in GT3 but Brian is in the GT4 so he has to kick violators in his qualify timeframe.

where can I find the circuit? is it a Mod?
Yeah, https://beta.simracing.gp/events/VwlpomkcG8ChizlUoE_H5#mods this is the race page and if you click the track link it downloads. Then you drag and drop in CM

Side note, I know some stuff has been integrated in content manager, but I found if you add "simracing.gp" in the content tab for "mod sources", you can log in and use the page as normal. And as an added bonus, when you click the mod links, it automatically starts downloading in CM. Sort of roundabout, but allows for browsing simracing.gp without leaving CM.

Last edited:
Well, I really enjoyed that, bad start got me in last place with a gaggle of Mazdas to get past before I even saw a GT3 .:roflmao::roflmao:
I have realised for a while now that taking these events seriously is a no go, especially after last week, that sort of made it clear that these racing events cannot be forced, the race will be what the race wants to be. So I just relaxed and took my good and bad luck as it came.
Admittedly it was not going to be my day, so many problems, so a few more did not phase me.:roflmao::roflmao:
Well done podiums, great event @Interslice Brian.
It is so difficult, I on a number of occasions assumed a blue flag had seen me and was giving me space, only to be side swiped, oh well at least I don’t think I hit a Mazda.:):)
If I had started in my allotted place I doubt if I would have had such an eventful and enjoyable race, loved the on going banter too..
6A17300D-D04F-461E-A930-9C8D11CD81BD.jpeg

PS enjoyed my battle with Chris while it lasted, my old Nissan is really difficult to get by.:D:D:D

Well that was intense! I thought we would have closer GT4 racing up front but the first few laps I think was about not getting twatted by the GT3 back markers. Not sure what happened to Martin but he went off in the esses about 10 laps to go and I went through. We had almost identical pace but he just had the edge and a gap I would not have closed otherwise so bad luck mate.

The back marker GT3s, one in particular who stayed out for the full qualify and decided to make it a race with me. But otherwise, just a word of advice, if you are barely a second faster than the slower class consider stepping down a car and give the GT4 a go instead. You might keep it on track consistently and have more fun.

I think I managed to avoid most of the carnage, heard some crazy talk on the radio of people deliberately trying to knock others off, that's a first to hear that for me here so well done to whoever that clown was. Top pack of GT3s great clean passing including some new faces. Congratulations Chris and Brian thanks for organising, great track this one.

Kind of a uneventful race for me. (Lets ignore Tom Torpedo, hope his steam-ID gets blocked on s.gp)
Was also lucky, cause I was just indoor rock climbing yesterday and my arms and legs are pudding.
So I was not looking forward, defending or attacking for 60 mins :D

Quali was underwhelming this time. Coulndt get close to my normal time, and even in practice I was faster...
Ok so started P5, which should be P4 but will come to that in a minute. Had a decent start, and could directly overtake Ernie who seemed to missed it, or had spinning tires. Thomas behind me also got a good start, so the position gained on Ernie was directly lost to Thomas. Just to see already in T1 the guy that couldnt read rules and drove in the GT4 quali directly spun out. Karma is a bitch! But it wasnt over. I saw Thomas struggle a little in the Esses and hitting the grass. So it was an easy overtake, P3. I knew, there is no way I could catch Chris or Patrick, so I was preparing to defend my poor little Z4 against Thomas. Unfortunately, he spun in the next lap behind me and the next car was already like 8 secs behind.

For the rest of the race I put my focus on overtaking GT4s without interfering too much. Hope I managed that. If anyone thinks I was to close, let me know. At the end of both stints I had one or two slight off tracks, but nothing major. Softs are getting really mushy after 25 mins.
All in all, finshed P3 and was happy to keep it on track.

See you all next week!

Results: https://simresults.net/220116-o7K

That race was unexpectedly terrific fun (although some of the new drivers maybe need some... education). Especially enjoyed the camraderie of dodging the torpedoes on Discord, and the nice racing with @pattikins and @Kek700. Ernie then went for a wrestling match with a nuclear missile, but it was great fun before that!

220px-Red_Skelton_Terry-Thomas_Red_Skelton_Show_1968.jpg

From my side a very eventful race, mostly just trying to stay alive against the few GT3s that seemingly had a heat seeking missle at the ready at any moment. GT4 class was absolutely perfect though, no problems at all there. Went for med + 50% strategy which worked out nicely, although the tyres were 50p pieces by the end.

Thanks a lot @Interslice and @HF2000 for organising as usual! :inlove:

Simresults: https://simresults.net/220116-Zt6

My VR onboard:

Also my world record, although there's some room for improvement:

Last edited:
As others have said, lots fun, lots of looking both ways before you cross, and lots of work :p

I don't even know where I started, somewhere in the crowd :D but (and I know this has been a "big complaint" in the last two races), I personally need to get more aggressive in the first lap :cautious: .... :roflmao: kidding! But my "fun but fair pace" did set me back a few spots once we got a few laps under our belt. After that though, I settled in and had some really good early battles with Alfredo and Brian (sorry if I forgot others!). By minute 20 or so though, I found myself out in a bit of no-mans land, being passed by GT3s and slowly slowly gaining a little on Han and Richard up front.

Eventually Han and others pitted and I found myself up in p4 holding Han back at about a 6s gap, but it wasn't to last as I had left pitting til later than I planned and had under a minute before pits closed when I rolled in :whistling: :O_o:. Took my liter of cola gas and went on my way, watching Han go back ahead.

The last bit of the race was calmer than the first but I couldn't get that gap ahead under 10s despite not really going off track all race (big accomplishment for me as I usually kiss the wall at T1 once lol). Besides that, mostly all the GT3s I encountered drove a respectful and patient race as did the GT4s :thumbsup:

As always, congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting and taking time out of your racing to moderate it for us. I've only been racing here with premium since the end of Nov 2021, but I've enjoyed myself a lot and look forward to more bumper to bumper T1 traffic with you all in the future :)

Last edited:
But otherwise, just a word of advice, if you are barely a second faster than the slower class consider stepping down a car and give the GT4 a go instead. You might keep it on track consistently and have more fun.

As someone who's not that off the pace, but sometimes enough off that I'm not really competitive, I can confirm, you do have more fun racing vs trying to "hold on for dear life" :laugh:

It's nice too with this group because there's no lack of drivers for all the classes and the lower class definitely doesn't mean a lower quality of racing :cool:

Plus when you're going down the back straight 3 wide at 145mph in a GT4, you're not really thinking about how you could instead be going 165mph in the GT3 :p

Glad everyone else had a good time but my worst race in my year of racing here. Many incidents, not my fault, topped of with torpedo tom choosing to drive through me rather than round me. Can't be bothered to pm him as I don't know his RD name and to be honest I don't want to talk to him. I shan't enter a race if he's in it. I'll do something more enjoyable - like filling in my tax return!

Last edited:
Hi. I rode for the first time on your portal, and a full race in the AC also rode for the first time. The pace, to my surprise, I had a good, but because of the freeze on the exit of the pitlane, I got damage, which made the car became unpredictable. Towards the end of the second half of the race I lost all my winning positions because of car problems.
But I still enjoyed it all, everyone fought clean.
And I still have one question: are the pits compulsory or not?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back