AC Group C @ Bridgehampton - Wednesday 9th September

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Personally, I'm just interesting in knowing what time I need to try and reach to not be a liability, but this guideline makes it a bit tricky, can we not post it as a spoiler?
You are correct about the reason lap times are not posted. You can always use the RSR app and or their website to see times of different combo's. The only downside is there are very, very few mod tracks that are used on their website, but the app will cover any car track combo that's legitimate. You can also send some guys PM's and ask them.

If you ever come into a race unprepared and you ask for fuel or tire info, there are people like me that have fun with it and say "100 liters and 40 psi" ......no matter what car it is. Of course we will tell you the truth, but we do like to joke around.

@Medilloni since we have 2 extra Screaming Banshee's in the field and I've done 0, nadda, zilch, Zero practice, I think I'm going to abandon the ST and join the group of men that will be producing the symphonic sounds you guys will be hearing all over the place. The replay's should be glorious. Maybe we can start a new group called "Beethoven's Bastards":D

Thanks everyone for the great races, and amazing pace @Medilloni and @Erik Axelsson! A shame so many people bailed, these cars are terrific fun once you get to grips with them.

Now that the race is over and I can actually share it, here's a video from practice that hopefully can help show some of those who found it too difficult to handle how you have to treat these cars: use the gears and turbo to rotate the car without spinning it, go easy on the throttle, and lock and unlock the diff as necessary. I really hope in future with more practice and experience, we'll have more people sticking around to the end :thumbsup:

Thanks for organising, John! Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:
hey guys! thanks for the race. I picked the wrong tires for the first race, softs didnt last more than 6 laps before they became really bad. I came up to 4th position on start, but ended up last in first race because of tires. For my surprise, I forgot to change tires for race 2, so drove on softs again!! this time they held up the whole race? :confused::O_o::O_o: Came up to 3rd place I believe? And the guy who tried to overtake on my inside on 16 minutes to go was insaaane to watch in VR when he slided into the sand, but it was aamaaazing. Anyway, had some driver errors. Gotdown to 6th position, and ended up 5th because of the guy in front of me losing it on last corner? XD insane combo!

Guys, HUGE thanks to you all for sticking with it as long as you could - it is a tricky combo, and the cars have 'their own home', in that tracks like this suit the Porsche ST, some other venues don't - more of this later!

Congrats to @Chris Down and @Erik Axelsson for the podiums and blistering lap times, how you made the mediums last was... well, damned annoying :p Not sure what happened in the 2nd race Erik, thought your tyres would go off and tried to keep in touch, then made a c0ck up, teetering through the sand - if you hadn't gone off I'd never have caught you:O_o:

Just wanted to say...

@Kek700 and @640er - how you kept those beasties in this race was amazing!
@Bobby Pennington so bloody great to see you again! and especially your post-lady, soon to be headmistress, soon to be your personal 'therapist':p

As mentioned on TS, the usual plan is to have a Group C event once every 4 - 6 weeks, so we're going to do something a bit different next time we use them - it'll be Le Mans, a lot easier than Bridgehampton imo!! So, any spare time, have a practice - though there might be a twist or two, will keep you posted!

Event would be 7th October (a month away).

Once again, many thanks for your company tonight, I had a ball racing with you all:)

Last edited:
Had a blast with this combo. These cars are insane. What an era. Finished P3 in second race with which I am happy. Have to have a look to the diff lock and unlock method Chris has mentioned in his post. Thanks for organising.

Great combo! Love these cars. Amazing the speed of the C9 on the straights but I saw Andreas struggle a lot in the turns.
Before the race I kept saying to myself: focus on staying on track, not on lap times. But everytime when there's a car close behind, I end up making mistakes which causes you to loose a lot of time on this track. But it was great fun catching up and overtaking. I think @Bobby Pennington must have been fed up with me this evening because I had 5 or 6 overtakes on him.

So next time LeMans! Nice. Will it be the version without the chicanes? If so I guess we will see more LT's and C9's.

Congrats to the podium and thanks John for organizing.

What an awsome combo, it was so much fun! Thanks for organizing @Medilloni. Would love take maybe the Pantera Gr.4 or the Group 5 cars to Bridgehampton some time :)

@Chris Down Nice lap! I know I can do a mid 17 time. I just find it so damn hard to string a perfect lap together in these cars. If you don't mind me asking, do you fiddle with track temps when you do a lap like that? I might give it a go and see if I can beat that ;)

Afternoon before the race decided on the LT, used my setup from SPA so it was just a matter of some setup tweaks for the race. Managed a mid 18 which I knew was not exactly going to be a winner but should be competitive.
Race night, 3/4 of a second off the pace, oh well just accepted that as being the way it is.:(

First race went well with the "not" being as good as that afternoon practice pace; followed Andreas around for most of the first race on softs which held well.
I was able to catch up in the twiddle bits, but no way could I make a overtake, even trying a tow on the long straight was a no go with the C9.
Second race luckily had a nice front row besides Andreas, just a matter of really having the obvious task of holding everyone up so Andreas could get a good lead. Spent the whole of the first race not managing an overtake, so that was my task to get a C9 victory over the Flock of ST's and Mazda's.
Bugger me if Andreas decided to take a trip through the sand dunes, leaving me in my, I don't like stress situation on the front, now also with a car that was handling like a demented pig for some bazar reason. Had to feather the throttle virtually every where with the eventual off occurring.

Now last place with no stress, I had a great race, really enjoyed my battles with everyone especially with the main straight for my almost certain over take place on everyone, except the C9.

As usual feeling tired and going to bed, once horizontal, seems to be for me a receipt for suddenly becoming wide awake. hence had time to think.
Had found that afternoon that the LT on this bumpy circuit liked, bizarrely, soft springs and stiff bump and rebound damping, was able to plant the throttle in most places with even the back straight being no real effort.
You've guessed, in practice i had for some silly reason softened the rebound and bump rear damping, then before the second race done it again making the car very unstable in the bumps. this lead me to think that when this has happened before -
I must have made what thought were minor inconsequential tweaks that have a much bigger negative effect than I could have imagined. ( that is at least one unknown semi sorted )

All that aside, well done podiums and especially @Chris Down a quite amazing time.

There is something quite enjoyable about these Group C cars.

Nice to see @Bobby Pennington back again, he is normally overtaking me, lets hope you get your form back soon. :thumbsup:

But I must give a big "Bow" to @640er for his go in the C9, I struggled to get even one lap from it.
Even spent ages trying to get a comfortable setup to "no avail".

ernie.gif

Last edited:
But I must give a big "Bow" to @640er for his go in the C9, I struggled to get even one lap from it.
Even spent ages trying to get a comfortable setup to "no avail".
I don't quite know how the hell I ended up in the C9, I could have sworn I selected the ST, but by jove was it a handful! I guess I should have twigged whilst in qualy as I was a little confused as to why I was no longer able to take the first section flat and had to be oh-so-gentle with the throttle! :D

EDIT: just realised, I never checked if I could enter after the race had started. Could I have just selected the ST and re-joined?

Last edited:
I don't quite know how the hell I ended up in the C9, I could have sworn I selected the ST, but by jove was it a handful! I guess I should have twigged whilst in qualy as I was a little confused as to why I was no longer able to take the first section flat and had to be oh-so-gentle with the throttle! :D

EDIT: just realised, I never checked if I could enter after the race had started. Could I have just selected the ST and re-joined?
You could Scott:)

Thanks @Medilloni for hosting, was great fun as always with those cars :thumbsup: Congrats to the podiums, really amazing times.

Tbh I think that a laptime in the 17s is also possible with the C9 but it's so damn hard to hit all the entry points. (Does anybody know where/if I can see my theoretical PB in CM?) When you approach T1 with ~340 km/h there is not much margin left :D My biggest enemy wasn't the beast itself but the bumpiness of the track. Especially with those bumps at corner exit you have to be very careful. But nevertheless the car is 110% pure adrenalin and fun and I can't wait for the next Group C event. End of September it's my time to move back to Vienna and I really do hope I will have everything ready to go by Wednesday.

R1 was ok. Could keep it between the white lines (most of the time). A few smaller errors made me drop back to 5th but at least that meant PP for race 2. Unfortunatly I already messed it up in lap 1 in the second race :mad: After that I lost focus and did all the mistakes I could avoid in race 1 but tried to finish at least and get some practice time.

@640er
Having the advantage of following, before completely buggering up my setup. you were really struggling with grip especially the back straight, I know you are aware obviously of that, but from my perspective it was the first straight and first corner which you were megger at, the rest of the time I was easily catching up.
The results are for the second race, never been able to save the first.

Andreas B28.37000.7150
Thomas K28.45000.7950
Alen P28.51000.8550
Dean S28.88801.2330
Bobby P29.07901.4240
Sector 2
DriverTimeGap
Chris D31.0130-
Erik A31.02700.0140
john p31.25700.2440
Thomas K31.65300.6400
Alen P31.65800.6450
ernie w31.69800.6850
Patrick S31.78300.7700
Sandro S31.84200.8290
Han F31.97600.9630
Andreas B32.20201.1890
Dean S32.49001.4770
Bobby P32.58101.5680
Sector 3
DriverTimeGap
Erik A19.2770-
Andreas B19.37200.0950
ernie w19.39500.1180
john p19.46700.1900
Chris D19.64300.3660
Patrick S19.75000.4730
Sandro S19.80000.5230
Alen P19.82700.5500
Han F19.84100.5640
Thomas K19.90000.6230
Dean S20.30501.0280
Bobby P20.42101.1440

Once again guys, thanks for the turnout yesterday.... and hope you can join for next Weds with two superb mods - the BTCC BMW 320i which we've used once before, is now joined by the updated version of the Nissan Primera. Game on for a BMW vs Nissan BTCC tussle!

Last edited:
Nice to see @Bobby Pennington back again, he is normally overtaking me, lets hope you get your form back soon.
Oh man I loved it. I had signed up with the ST, but I just wanted to hear the wail of that rotary between the dunes so I had zero experience or setup for the track. Probably would have been the same outcome against you anyway even if I had driven the ST. You were flying old boy. Great to see:thumbsup:

Great hanging out with you and next................I'll bring a friend:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back