AC Group C @ Bridgehampton - Wednesday 9th September

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Will have a little try with the cars today first, pretty sure I didn't get on will with them last time tho lol
You will say yes Simon, Group C loves you, you love Group C. Group C makes you happy and content, and ever-so-slightly excited:inlove:.

Repeat x100 and we'll see you on the grid matey :p:p
hypnotic.gif

Sign me up, please :) This will be my Group C debut and I know absolutely nothing about these cars so I need to do some testing before I pick my weapon of choice ;)
The main thing you need to know about these cars: Sauber C9-Satan's Spawn. Last seen going down the Kemmel Straight at Spa. Has adjustable Turbo aka Warp Drive aka Land Mine
napalm-gif-10.gif

Porsche LT- Adjustable turbo, good for longer tracks, but doesn't turn quite as well as little brother Porsche ST.

Mazda 787B - The Screaming Banshee. You should be getting apperance fees for showing up in this car just so the rest of us can hear the glorious sound of The Screaming Banshee from miles away. As close as you can get to F1 sounds of yesteryear's glorious V12-V10 era. RIP:cry:

So there you have it. 2 cars with adjustable turbos, one that turns the accelerator into a land min (C9), and 2 good all around cars with the 787B being the hero of the entire group because it brings some "Ambiance" to the party with it's lovely voice:inlove::D

For a race at "The Bridge" imo, the ST or Mazda will be great choices for us mere mortals. Give the C9 a try going down the main (pit) straight at 100% boost and trying to make the first corner:confused::confused::confused: You have to start slowing down at pit entry if you get a good run out of the last corner:roflmao::roflmao:

If you're new around here, welcome to the party. If not, you know what these fools are like:roflmao:, usless as tits on a boar hog:D:p:roflmao:(Southern saying you can look up), will steal your candy as they go by you at hyper drive speed.......especially that @Chris Down character:p, lure you in with I'm an old man bit.....see @Medilloni @Denis Betty @Kek700 @HF2000 (who wears a disguise so he looks older than me, but I don't by it:p) ........I want to be like these guys when I grow up and least, but never last @pattikins (he's always in the mix....damn him:laugh:) and pretends to be, uhumm, experienced or lack of youth challenged:roflmao: and then there's me, the distinguished gentleman that's as dependable as an 85 year old bladder and never disappoints (like an 85 year old male sausage:confused::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: ), the Village Idiot aka
Damn Yankee.jpg

Ok sports fans, I've mucked another thread up, yes your welcome, and hijacked it to a point that we may all get banned. If that's the case, I want to make it worth our while and do what Liberty Media won't do:
c55b1db32966de19a8086396b608b783--grid-girls-monster.jpg

5ff1b1c70a15dc67c1d2ed2111312f97--monster-energy-grid-girls.jpg

b311cfd63cc635ae9d0dc3480e06c2f8.jpg

Can't leave out "Mother's Milk" beer
f1-british-gp-2006-fosters-grid-girls.jpg

And a little Jordan colors tribute
grid_girls_motogp_silverstone_2012_1.jpg

I'm off to the car park. My driver is anxiously awaiting with my car
lYBuyXK.jpg

Staff had it's benefits, but being a member causes you guys fits:D:cool::cool:

Cheers boys, I'll see you on Wednesday.

Haha, thanks man! I really appreciate your introduction to Group C. I'm gonna jump on server now and give a couple of them a try. Defenatly starting with the C9 ;) Wish me luck!
You're welcome and you're gonna need it brother :roflmao: A guy like me, with a fused ankle has no chance with that detonation button, I mean accelerator pedal. I have a slight and I mean slight chance at Daytona's Road Course ( 75-90 minute special one off event hint or BOMB @Medilloni @Chris Down @Denis Betty ;):D ) or that Frenchy place my countrymen call Leemaans another major one off subliminal message
sexy-mail-carrier.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome and you're gonna need it brother :roflmao: A guy like me, with a fused ankle has no chance with that detonation button, I mean accelerator pedal. I have a slight and I mean slight chance at Daytona's Road Course ( 75-90 minute special one off event hint or BOMB @Medilloni @Chris Down @Denis Betty ;):D ) or that Frenchy place my countrymen call Leemaans another major one off subliminal message
sexy-mail-carrier.jpg
Funny you should mention a one-off special old chum, fancied putting on a Le Mans event with these beasties, so next time.....:whistling: :D

Where did you get the pic of my postmistress mail person?:p

Bobby says it well, picked the Mazda because, as yet not given this one a go.
I think it is not going to be very competitive, but the sound is truly glorious.
So most will be disappearing into the distance, I will be listening to to that rotary buzzing like a chain saw. So will every one else, me thinks.:roflmao::roflmao:

C1DB5CD4-BD96-4455-A6D5-A45D7DDDFB26.jpeg

Morning chaps. I tried the Mazda last night after the GT3 race to get an idea of the track layout and the handling of the car. It seems to have a tendency to push on entry in the slower corners, but I found that a delicate application of the throttle seems to have the opposite effect. I'm not quite sure if this is a good idea or not though, as in my little mind I'm unloading the front and then breaking traction on the rear at the same time, not too mention that it's a little dicey! Should I finally bite the bullet and look at tweaking the setup? I'm actually wondering if this is because the car has a lot of aero and so the handling changes quite a bit between slow and fast corners and I just maybe need to compensate accordingly with my driving?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.