AC Group C @ Bridgehampton - Wednesday 9th September

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Morning chaps. I tried the Mazda last night after the GT3 race to get an idea of the track layout and the handling of the car. It seems to have a tendency to push on entry in the slower corners, but I found that a delicate application of the throttle seems to have the opposite effect. I'm not quite sure if this is a good idea or not though, as in my little mind I'm unloading the front and then breaking traction on the rear at the same time, not too mention that it's a little dicey! Should I finally bite the bullet and look at tweaking the setup? I'm actually wondering if this is because the car has a lot of aero and so the handling changes quite a bit between slow and fast corners and I just maybe need to compensate accordingly with my driving?

I've just had another go with the Mazda and I think it might just be the default setup that is :poop:. I had a lot more success with the first setup that I found, so it might be just a case of finding the right setup. Here's the one I was using earlier:

Attachments

• spalowmazda 787b_Bridgehampton_1.19.675.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 37
For the first time I'm stumped as to who it is in John's profile picture, so went to found out. Pretty sure the related search is on the money.

2020-09-07_140651_721732378.png

For the first time I'm stumped as to who it is in John's profile picture, so went to found out. Pretty sure the related search is on the money.

View attachment 404372
Lol, no! :p But since you asked....TLDR >

He's one of just a few drivers that got me well-and-truly hooked on motorsport, Started following Jochen Rindt (above) rise up through the formula's in the 60's, imo he was something special, fast like Clark, crazy like Hunt, spectacular like Villeneuve, and an incredibly nice guy.

Got his autograph at the Oulton Park Gold Cup in '70 where I was working (apprentice) for a race team, a great day indeedy for this F1 fanboy!

Later that year he died at Monza, that's 50yrs ago this week, so thought I'd put a different pic up each day for the week. The first/only posthumous World Champion. Yes, I'm an old softy:p

EDIT: Nice story/tribute from Emerson Fittipaldi (the only guy that could have taken the championship off him in '70) https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/jochen-rindt-tribute-emerson-fittipaldi/4867858/

Last edited:
Lol, no! :p But since you asked....TLDR >

He's one of just a few drivers that got me well-and-truly hooked on motorsport, Started following Jochen Rindt (above) rise up through the formula's in the 60's, imo he was something special, fast like Clark, crazy like Hunt, spectacular like Villeneuve, and an incredibly nice guy.

Got his autograph at the Oulton Park Gold Cup where I was working (apprentice) for a race team, a great day indeedy for this F1 fanboy!

Later that year he died at Monza, that's 50yrs ago this week, so thought I'd put a different pic up each day for the week. The first/only posthumous World Champion. Yes, I'm an old softy:p

Ah, of course, I should have guessed since they were talking about it this weekend. I know the name but don't think I ever saw a picture.

Last edited:
Hi @Medilloni, I had a little bit more practise this evening and I'd like to change to the ST if I may? I was actually able to keep that one on the track for a few laps! It's odd, because when I was practising at Sebring, I struggled to keep the ST on the track and the Mazda seemed really planted in comparison.... :confused:

Hi @Medilloni, I had a little bit more practise this evening and I'd like to change to the ST if I may? I was actually able to keep that one on the track for a few laps! It's odd, because when I was practising at Sebring, I struggled to keep the ST on the track and the Mazda seemed really planted in comparison.... :confused:
You're now a Porsche driver Scott;)

High ground force cars like flat surface, This circuit does not work well for them, except for the ultra high down force ST. My only humble advice after trying them all is don’t skimp with the rear wing setting. Patrick seems to be flying in the Mazda, so he must have done something right. :thumbsup:
Apart from going on the server in the same session as someone else, where do you find the lap times Ernie? ...or is just when you're on the same session? Can't find a guide to lap times anywhere.

Tried the Porsche LT for a handful of laps, good grief it's quick! Only a touch off pb with the ST, it's just keeping it on the black stuff that's the problem:laugh:

@Medilloni

On a session with Axel and then Patrick, I as you know the old trick of - 1 second on their shown times to get my reference.
Cannot wait for Andreas to drive the C9, I will bow with my bald patch touching the ground if he manages to pull it off. :roflmao:
could post them here or private mail. Let’s hope Craig is not watching.:unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
could post them here or private mail. Let’s hope Craig is not watching.:unsure::unsure:
I have wondered why you guys never post the times. I am guessing it's frowned upon? I can understand why, since it might put some people off, but they are going to find out pretty quickly anyway. Personally, I'm just interesting in knowing what time I need to try and reach to not be a liability, but this guideline makes it a bit tricky, can we not post it as a spoiler?

I have wondered why you guys never post the times. I am guessing it's frowned upon? I can understand why, since it might put some people off, but they are going to find out pretty quickly anyway. Personally, I'm just interesting in knowing what time I need to try and reach to not be a liability, but this guideline makes it a bit tricky, can we not post it as a spoiler?
Not sure where the instruction came from to not post times Scott, I think it came from 'higher up'. I'd prefer Denis to comment on this, he's a respected 'old timer' here and probably has a better way of explaining it than I.

I tend to agree with Chris's comment a few weeks ago, that talking about times in general should be OK, just not the very fastest, But then again, you can go to RSRLiveTiming and SRS (historical results) and other places too - look at times for this event - the fastest time on RSR is nearly 3 seconds slower than SRS, so what really would be a good time (for a persons ability)? Also, the fastest time I can find, I'll bet, will be beaten by some of the guys we race with on Weds.

If someone posts a thread where a time is mentioned I'd probably leave it be - what I would prefer not to happen is for threads to be flooded with discussion on lap times, except after the race, then as far as I'm concerned it would be a natural part of the post-race banter, which I really enjoy.

I've just read wot I wrote, and it makes so little sense that I think I'll leave it for posterity :p

Last edited:
I have on rare occasions done amazing times and then turned up at the event only to be 3 seconds off the pace.:(
I have also posted shite times in practice and qualifying, then in the race everyone is a lot slower and I have done well.
I have noticed that when people post race times prior to the event, it then become a competition on its own with everyone trying to out do everyone else. Eventually with someone lapping Monza in 0.0000001 seconds.:unsure:
I quite like the way it is at the moment, with the occasional discreation creeping in, but it being left up to people doing what John said above. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.