New Gravel Trailer.jpg

Introducing the latest trailer release from 2018's Milestone developed Gravel Videogame.

Announced, hyped then ignored, Gravel has had a topsy turvy start to life since coming to public attention back in March. Since then the game has been delayed to sometime in 2018 and many have been left wondering exactly what is happening with this new off road arcade racer from Milstone.

Thankfully signs of life over at the Italian studio have begun to surface in recent weeks, with a kick started 'Developer Diary' series shedding some light onto the inner workings of what looks to be a half decent lightweight fun racer, and now to whet the appetite yet further we have ourselves a brand new trailer, which can be viewed in all of it's Unreal 4 glory below:

Released in time for the Gamescom video game industry event, the new one minute plus trailer allows us yet another peak at the varied types of racing and landscape due to come to this Forza Horizon esq racing game.

Using Unreal 4 as the base game engine it is in no doubt that Gravel will be a visually appealing title when it eventually releases next year, and with some pretty decent licences already alluded too by the developers (hearing Porsche are in the game amongst others), perhaps it might just be too soon to write this off as an off brand Forza Horizon type experience, and embrace the potential for Milestone to have produced a potentially rather solid arcade style off road racing game.

Stay tuned for more information on the development progress of Gravel as and when it becomes available..

About the game:

Gravel is the ultimate off-road experience, an extreme racing game that will let you pull out amazing stunts in the wildest places on the planet! Pure fun, spectacular scenery and no-holds barred competition in many offline and online game modes.

Take part in the wildest show on the Gravel Channel web TV, travel around the world to discover the wide variety of environments and defy the Masters! Enjoy four different disciplines throughout your Career as a star of the off-road racing – Cross Country, Wild Rush, Stadium and Speed cross –and live the driving experience with the most powerful vehicles on any type of terrain.

Cross Country
Huge areas with different layouts, perfect for competing in checkpoint races in the most evocative landscapes. Run through a waterfall with the aurora borealis as backdrop or try the right grip in the largest deserts in the world

Wild Rush
The wildest locations where you can compete in lap races. Unique environments with natural obstacles that will force you to race your way through the slopes of a mountain, on paradise islands, and through masses of debris and quarry rocks.

Speed Cross
Races set in the most beautiful tracks in the world. Real-world tracks, from Europe to America, where you can show your skills in incredible jumps and chicanes.

Stadium Circuit
Real and fictional arenas, full of jumps and spectacular layouts!

Gravel is scheduled to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC during 2018.

Check out the 'Other Racing Games' sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more discussion on Gravel and many other racing titles across both console and PC.

Looking forward to Gravel? Do you think the game will be a success for Milestone? Interested in seeing how Unreal 4 works in a car racing game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Gravel Dev Diary 1.jpg

Milestone have surely been busy in recent weeks, this time showing off a new developer diary from the surprise announcement of 2017, the new arcade racing game - Gravel.

Based on a Baja style off road racing scene where the player can drive a number of iconic road and racing vehicles from throughout the decades, all in Unreal Engine 4 and across some vast and varied landscapes, Gravel is very much the Milestone answer to the popular SEGA Rally franchise of the 1990's, and a very distinct attempt at breaking into the arcade racing game marketplace.

If you missed it earlier, check out the first dev diary release HERE.
Gravel will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC February 2018.

Gravel Dev Diary 4.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

High speed arcade off road racing your cup of tea? No worries, just head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum and get yourself in on the action today!

Like the look of Gravel? Are you tempted with the prospect of some nice licenses, UE4 graphics and large scale high speed off road racing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I thought this was the Spinal Tap of Racing games until you said they were serious. Love the human caricatures. :thumbsup:

Great looking game, I love how off-road arcade racing games are making a comeback. That being said the Milestone label still makes me hesitant about being excited over this.

I know this is probably OT but did anyone hear about the new not-MotorStorm game by ex-Evo Studios devs?

Love the off road genre and I think we really need one. Good one preferably.
Jumps are a tad over the top (and over the rainbow I would say) and omg... that blinding sun. :roflmao:
I always love that, I remember loving the effect in GTR and DL some mod for it but this.... really Milestone guys, is it too late now to take it down, a notch ? :D

Last edited:
I hope they allow support for multiple usb inputs. I have a TH8 shifter, joystick used for a hand brake, CSW V1.5, CSR Elite pedal base. That is 4 usb inputs. Only milestone games, and one other game do not support multiple usb inputs. Even simcade titles support my set up. So for the love of god please fix this one part in the game and I will be happy.

Looking at WRC 4 5 6, sab loab rally evo. Not sure all these are milestone's but these are the only games in my library that dont support multiple usb inputs.

I might get this one... at 90% discount six months later the release when Milestone has just ditched it with no more patches and a plethora of bugs.

Gravel Videogame Preview 3.jpg

2018 is the year of the off road racer thanks to the impending release of new Milestone title 'Gravel'... check out the latest screenshots!

Set to release next month across both current generation consoles and PC, the new Gravel videogame looks set to be a high speed off road racing title that takes the best aspects of modern arcade racers and mixes in a little bit of simulation in order to create a believable yet fun focussed game for players looking for a less serious racing experience.

Featuring four distinct variations on the off road racing scene, Cross Country, Wild Rush, Stadium and Speed Cross, plus a smattering of real word manufacturer licences, the new title could well be a perfect bridge between the more detailed rally simulations and games such as the popular DiRT 4 released by Codemasters late in 2017.

Not much is yet known about the detail behind the title short of a few preview videos and images, however one thing for certain is that Gravel looks likely to be a visually spectacular release when it is made public in just under two months time.

Gravel will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC February the 27th, 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Gravel Videogame Preview 1.jpg
Gravel Videogame Preview 2.jpg
Gravel Videogame Preview 4.jpg
Gravel Videogame Preview 5.jpg

High speed arcade off road racing your cup of tea? No worries, just head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum and get yourself in on the action today!

Do you have high expectations of this new Milestone game? Will you consider purchasing Gravel once it releases later in the year? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Those screenshots are far from impressive in my eyes. Looks like something off a phone. Not really expecting much from, definitely with how many off road games we have had lately.

Do you have high expectations of this new Milestone game? Will you consider purchasing Gravel once it releases later in the year? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'll be keeping my eye on this as it looks like a fun game I can enjoy with my son but i'll wait for some reviews first plus we recently got Forza Horizon to fill the arcade void for the time being.

As for high expectations......Over the past 10yrs my expectations bar for new (sim) racing titles has decreased alot with the latest releases as all them have launched unfinished and still in beta form....or should I say...."Ongoing development" :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.