Grand Prix 4

I'm going to have to look up the system requirements for GP 3 and 4. I have GP 2 but can't use my Sidewinder; although the keys still thrill. I have an, old dual core with a gig of Ram and a 32 bit dedicated stock ATI card. Waiting to buy (not build, unfortunately) a low end gaming PC.

Cancelled my GP4 order due to not being able to get around Starforce with disc coy of GTR1 on Windows 7. The Crack sites were sketch.
New PC on the way running Windows 8. Are my chances at successfully GP4 just as slim to none? Otherwise I'll buy it.
Thanks for the mod link regardless!

Just ordered a copy of this and would like to run it with my T500 wheel & pedals can anyone suggest link me to best settings/mods to enable this? also any other mods.

Basically just ordered and looking to get everything in place for when it arrives.

@Kinduci: I can't help you concerning your T500 wheel & pedals settings. Better is to ask on GPG.org, I think. You will have more chances to get an answer ;)

Otherwise, regarding our F1 2015 RSCT release, I have added some prez screens that I haven't got the time to do last week.. Not good renders because made with photoshop but I hope that you will like them, anyway...

4i3nxJm.png

A5BVIlJ.png

39C8b2g.png

3GtJtMS.png

L45LSnB.png

1qrqVUZ.png

ymGvBhf.png

anvjP16.png

tKCuaNR.png

...Toro Rosso to follow...

wow so heres some childhood memories!!

So....how hard is this game to get running on modern day tech? Will it work on a t300?

Would live to play this again, i remember the 1st one when i was but a teenager!! GPedit, those the days..

Oh man, I'm so lost on GP4 modding. Last time I was super into it, ZAZ Tools weren't a thing, and thus, modding wasn't either. (Which is why I stuck with F1C.)

I've actually got an idea for a 2001 season playthrough - but the only changes I want to make are to swap Alesi & Frentzen and put Marques and Burti back at their respective teams.

After that I'd be happy to tackle some of the other season mods - but man, where to start? :x

I actually am doing a playthrough already, episode 1 :D

but back to your question,
but man, where to start?
first of all, do you have the official 9.6 game patch? That should bump your game up to v1.02

next, you need the decrypted .exe for the v1.02 of the game (you really need it for some of the other tools to run, I think)

next, do you have GPxPatch? It's a must have for any GP4 player, just makes the game a ton better. I'd recommend version 4.30a as the newer versions have bugs (some backward compatibility issues). You can find all the versions here

Next, as you said, ZaZ Tools. If you didn't get it, you can do so here
most mods should have a .cuh file that you just open with CSM and it installs itself. If they have a folder instead, you need to put it in GPSAVES/Carsets (if there is no GPSAVES or Carsets folder, create them)
some mods may also come with a trackpack (I think it's a .tup file, not sure), that you open with TSM and it installs itself. Those are the two tools from ZaZ Tools you need the most.
You also run the game with CSM, just click on the mod and press start :thumbsup:
Of course, if you want the 2001 season, just start the game with GPxPatch.exe

Oh man, I'm so lost on GP4 modding. Last time I was super into it, ZAZ Tools weren't a thing, and thus, modding wasn't either. (Which is why I stuck with F1C.)

I've actually got an idea for a 2001 season playthrough - but the only changes I want to make are to swap Alesi & Frentzen and put Marques and Burti back at their respective teams.

After that I'd be happy to tackle some of the other season mods - but man, where to start? :x
If you have ZazTools and everthing installed and running, I could send you a link for a personal 2001 mod, which includes midseason driver changes as well as new car, helmet and tyres models and textures released by the community.

If you want to use the original game files, you'll need a program to open the cars.wad (I recommend EasyWad, part of ZazTools), and gpxpatch to use a performance file which has the drivers in the teams you want them. Will give you further instructions via pm (as it'll be quite a bit of text) if you confirm that you want to go this way.

So... Going to bite the bullet and get GP3 and GP4 installed again from my old original media...

But these days i run Win10 and Win7 machines and i have Fanatech wheel and separate pedals. Also i only have original discs and manuals etc. in physical form. My arvhive of mods and utils was lost a long time ago...

But an extended session of GP2 that i reinstalled together with my brother las t weekend has now made me determined that i NEED to experience 3 and 4 again and usher in that Crammond glory.

But as stated above... Time marches on.

So before i begin, is it possible to do this at all? Meaning install a vanilla GP3/GP4 from my original discs, find the patches somewhere and get the Fanatec gear working with them?

I would love if this could be... My brother and i used to play ALL GP games together. IF we could relive GP3 and GP4 again we would have a blast !

So, is it doable 2015 and what do i need? :)

Also, do they use Starforce? I dont remember now... If so i foresee a whole different level of hell on Win7 onwards. Not to mention the fact Starforce usually breaks any system and installs hidden virus-like trojan drivers...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.