Grand Prix 4

• Deleted member 161052

What's in the Lotus and Sauber updates? Thanks in advance.

Lotus E23 Hybrid: Mexico livery available:

nsWfTht.png

can you get this running for win 10 and with current steering wheels ??

Thats what ive been trying to do for months now. Wheel has not been a problem. Works fine on my Fanatec setup

As for the sim itself, it runs fine except for the fact that it slows to a crawl and stutters like mad at random intervals, even if no hw is stressed at all.

Its a glitch that ruined it for me and i have yet to find a fix.

My guess is that due to the code being written in pure assembly, including the render code (yes really), the faster CPU you have the more likely it is that rendering gets out of sync and thus slows to a crawl trying to realign. So ironically, if you have a crappy PC it works better. The more horsepower the worse it runs on modern gear, is my experience.

For instance, on a 3GHz. dualcore laptop i have less slowdown than on 4.2GHz. I5 as well as 4GHz. brand new I7 6700k where slowdowns are unbearable.

Thrustmaster CSR Elite V1 Problems

My pedals are inverted for some reason, but for rFactor/SCE/Assetto Corsa it mostly solves itself(in AC I do need to tick the 'Invert' boxes, but that's it), but in GP4, the pedals are un-usable because of this inversion.

Has anyone else managed to get these pedals working in the game? They worked fine before combined with a Fanatec Forza wheel, but I am guessing it was as a result of the pedals being plugged in directly to the wheel via PS2 plug, which may have done some different things to the pedals via the driver.

I should add that the pedals in the driver screen does not indicate this inversion, but AC and GP4 are the 2 games which(due to their logic it seems) do indicate these axes as inverted. Unfortunately, this isn't catered for in GP4, as you could expect due to the age of the game.
aZeVrvD.png

But I really want to play GP4 again, so any advice would be appreciated.

I tried reversing the axes via AntiMicro, by using the Negative settings, but it isn't functioning as desired.

So I have been trying to get this to run on my laptop, but for some reason it only recognizes the intel hd 5500 gpu and not my gt 920m. This is not the only game with this problem but this is the one I want to fix most. Any help would be appreciated

So I have been trying to get this to run on my laptop, but for some reason it only recognizes the intel hd 5500 gpu and not my gt 920m. This is not the only game with this problem but this is the one I want to fix most. Any help would be appreciated

How do you know whether it detects it or not?

Can anyone help me getting this game running across triple screens?
By editing the f1graphics.cfg, the gameplay works perfectly on 3 monitors, but the problem is that the main menu is completely screwed up. The menu resolution is completely warped and there is an awful strobe effect that happens on my left and right screens :O_o::alien::O_o::alien::O_o:

I'm using the base game v1.02 with GPxPatch. No mods.

I'd forgotten how awesome this game is!

Can we run this game with Windows 10 yet?
Runs perfectly fine here. As with Win8 already, you shouldn't install anything in the Program Files folder though. Create a c:\games\gp4 folder for it and you should be fine. Else you might run in trouble with write protection.

Can anyone help me getting this game running across triple screens?
By editing the f1graphics.cfg, the gameplay works perfectly on 3 monitors, but the problem is that the main menu is completely screwed up. The menu resolution is completely warped and there is an awful strobe effect that happens on my left and right screens :O_o::alien::O_o::alien::O_o:

I'm using the base game v1.02 with GPxPatch. No mods.

I'd forgotten how awesome this game is!
Afaik there's nothing you can do. For all resolutions not defined in the ingame settings it distorts the menu look. I already notice it with 1920x1080, but probably far less worse than you on triple screen.

Runs perfectly fine here. As with Win8 already, you shouldn't install anything in the Program Files folder though. Create a c:\games\gp4 folder for it and you should be fine. Else you might run in trouble with write protection.

Afaik there's nothing you can do. For all resolutions not defined in the ingame settings it distorts the menu look. I already notice it with 1920x1080, but probably far less worse than you on triple screen.
Ah right I was under the impression you couldn't get it running with win 10. What are the essential mods I would install?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back