Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes by maths it is still possible, as you can see in the race post ;) But will be tough, ~1% chance I'd say
Either Manolis will win or you'll overtake some backmarkers easily. That's my opinion (ofc rain could change things up a bit :sneaky:)

@Omer Said running in a sloid 5th until the electronics issues lost you time. How annoyed you actually are about that?

To be honest that was my mistake as i forgot to give my unfinished cup of coffee to a crew member before the start. It spilled in a sharp turn and damaged the electronics somehow. At least it kept me awake in the race, so i got that going for me which is nice.

• Deleted member 161052

Race 1: D'OH
Race 2: Top 10 on the reverse grid...uh...

bandicam 2015-01-12 12-15-04-975.jpg

bandicam 2015-01-12 12-15-08-638.jpg

bandicam 2015-01-12 12-13-22-228.jpg
bandicam 2015-01-12 12-12-16-974.jpg

bandicam 2015-01-12 12-12-21-508.jpg

Some interviews for the last race (I think these are coming back for season 3):
@Benutzername Weltmeister! You were the fastest guy on track this race, and even overtook your teammate who was high on the grid! How do you feel about it?
@Jarvis not quite good enough for a second title, do you feel satisfied with 2nd place overall, or upset because your teammate was much faster than you after Monaco?
@Manolis Sigoulakis @Jimlaad43 legendary 1-2 for your team here in Spa, took the first 2 spots and never looked back since. Did the guys throw a party in the garage or are they still saving for the new season's car?
@Omer Said After those electrical issues, you were finally greeted to a podium with a brilliant drive! Do you think retiring after this season is maybe a bit too early now?
@Millsy24 retiring once again from a solid podium position, problems just won't stop eh?

Final budgets (with no championship bonuses):
bandicam 2015-01-12 12-12-06-931.jpg

I should start the season 3 thread today :)

Well done @oldwolf on a brilliant end to the season for elite two racing. I hope you come back for next season.

Well done to milos for running a good season. Though might not have been the best for me with the ups of interlagos and the downs of this final round at spa. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next season.

Elite two will be back with sponsorships to be realeased within the next week. Possibly a livery as I now have time to teach myself photoshop.

Suggestions include maybe a longer mid season race where the drivers team up and single car teams bring in another driver, fictional or nonfictional. I don't know if this is possible but it would add more excitement to the championship. Especially for drivers that cannot win the championship could look forward to winning this race for extra large bonus compared to other rounds.

On a positive note I scored the most points in the round beating manolos by one point with 49 points at interlagos
You had pole there too, so +2
And you both had 1 FL, so +1
So overall you beat him by 3 pts actually.
--
But you aren't first, that would be Ben at Spa :p 51pts+pole+3FL

• Deleted member 161052

The Start
Team Hybrid's performance at the start of the season was an average result, both of them finishing in the Top 10 in both Race 1 and 2 at Zandvoort. Both of the drivers have finished every race until Team Hybrid's finishing streak ended at Abu Dhabi (race 2).

Halfway
Halfway to the streets of Adelaide and Monte Carlo. Black stated in an interview that he "will expect very better qualifying and race results" but it happened when he got his first podium in the third race at Adelaide, his first podium in his career. It happened again at Monte Carlo when he finished 2nd, his highest finish in his career.

The Drivers' Performances
Brazilian talent, Pablo Diehl and ream owner, Andy Black, were the drivers of Team Hybrid.
Diehl qualified and finished much ahead of his teammate, but had only one podium which was at Interlagos meanwhile his teammate reacted "D'OH" when he retired from the race. Diehl finished his 2nd season with 186 points in 14th position.
Black had 2 podiums, which were at both Adelaide and Monte Carlo. He described them as "unexpected as I might have a lack of dominance". He finished his 2nd season with 139 points in 16th position with a D'OH when he retired at the final race.

The Finish
The team's end of their 2nd season was not good. In the first race, Black retired, with Diehl "bringing good results to the team", and with both of them retiring at the final race.

The Start
Team Hybrid's performance at the start of the season was an average result, both of them finishing in the Top 10 in both Race 1 and 2 at Zandvoort. Both of the drivers have finished every race until Team Hybrid's finishing streak ended at Abu Dhabi (race 2).

Halfway
Halfway to the streets of Adelaide and Monte Carlo. Black stated in an interview that he "will expect very better qualifying and race results" but it happened when he got his first podium in the third race at Adelaide, his first podium in his career. It happened again at Monte Carlo when he finished 2nd, his highest finish in his career.

The Drivers' Performances
Brazilian talent, Pablo Diehl and ream owner, Andy Black, were the drivers of Team Hybrid.
Diehl qualified and finished much ahead of his teammate, but had only one podium which was at Interlagos meanwhile his teammate reacted "D'OH" when he retired from the race. Diehl finished his 2nd season with 186 points in 14th position.
Black had 2 podiums, which were at both Adelaide and Monte Carlo. He described them as "unexpected as I might have a lack of dominance". He finished his 2nd season with 139 points in 16th position with a D'OH when he retired at the final race.

The Finish
The team's end of their 2nd season was not good. In the first race, Black retired, with Diehl "bringing good results to the team", and with both of them retiring at the final race.
I have warned you mate, that you should have saved the cash. Now you start season 3 with just 50$
And your S2 was also bad due to lacks of cash.

Actually no,
@needforspeedgamer I made a mistake when you changed your sponsor. You actually start with 550$
As you changed your sponsor before Algarve, and I only updated it visually, but I haven't updated the formula. So with your 5 finishes between Algarve and Spa, you have 500$ extra

relatively poor effort individually (and for James too) for the season, but overall we still secured 5th in the team standings, which is ok, and rather awesomely Holden took second in the Manufacturers, behind GM partners Opel. We tip our hats at our Vectra buddies over at OMR and Opel, and nonetheless vow that we will be back in S3, aiming to increase the success of our Holden.

relatively poor effort individually (and for James too) for the season, but overall we still secured 5th in the team standings, which is ok, and rather awesomely Holden took second in the Manufacturers, behind GM partners Opel. We tip our hats at our Vectra buddies over at OMR and Opel, and nonetheless vow that we will be back in S3, aiming to increase the success of our Holden.
I'd say more poor luck rather than poor effort ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes