GPL fanatic here, Is there a 67 F1 Mod thats good ?

I am not sure - correct me if I am wrong: doest that means the AC F1 1967 mod mentioned here is no way a scratch made vehicle content and all the cars are just various rips from other AAA games like Forza etc.?

that would really answer the lack if some work in progress shots. the cars just came out of the blue.

that actually sets the F1 LEGENDS RACING mod back to the stage its the one and only permission correct (fully scratch build) multi-vehicle content simrace add-on, F1 1967 themed :) available for GTL, GTR2, rFactor and AMS...and it is waiting for AC conversion ;)

I am not sure - correct me if I am wrong: doest that means the AC F1 1967 mod mentioned here is no way a scratch made vehicle content and all the cars are just various rips from other AAA games like Forza etc.?
Exactly.

The models have been worked on somewhat, but their bases are ripped content. The physics have been reworked completely by Bazza, and if you like his work, there may still be some value in the mod for you.

that actually sets the F1 LEGENDS RACING mod back to the stage its the one and only permission correct (fully scratch build) multi-vehicle content simrace add-on, F1 1967 themed :) available for GTL, GTR2, rFactor and AMS...and it is waiting for AC conversion ;)

Your F1 LEGENDS RACING mod is the only reason I bought GTR2 and AMS, neither one gets played as I was underwhelmed with the games themselves and the feel of the cars.
Hopefully the AC conversion happens soon and the FFB, physics and graphics of the cars will be improved from the GTR2 and AMS versions. If it is better than "GP Legends V2.0" I will overlook the silly car and driver names and happily use it and thank you for all your hard work.

KO

Your F1 LEGENDS RACING mod is the only reason I bought GTR2 and AMS, neither one gets played as I was underwhelmed with the games themselves and the feel of the cars.
Hopefully the AC conversion happens soon and the FFB, physics and graphics of the cars will be improved from the GTR2 and AMS versions. If it is better than "GP Legends V2.0" I will overlook the silly car and driver names and happily use it and thank you for all your hard work.
KO

oh, thank you ;)
I can say all cars converted (wisely) into AC looks 10x better then in their old natural home, I mean the dated games like GTR2... it is just because the AC shaders. so I would see the F1LR AC zero mesh rework, at least for some initial release. it just needs to find someone who would bother, as I am not AC modder.

anyway I just did a long long time ago some quick test, getting the F1LR Beagle T1G into AC, as static model (no wheel/tire spin feature), see bellow (note: wrong tire shape yet).

screen20.jpg

screen10.jpg

I could not found a GPL forum or a proper place to link this article. It has being 20 years since GPL came out and left a legacy.

https://ravsim.com/2018/12/08/grand-prix-legends-is-20-a-legacy-that-created-a-genre/

This story has, in parts, an almost striking reassemblance with my very own history of simracing.
Of course, I can still top it all by admitting, that I race my 49 against the virtual legends of Formula 1, while listening to George Harrisons "Faster":redface::D

Another Old F1 circuit that was used to race these is Longford 67 which is available here at RD.
Another 67 track is Pau Historique 1967 here
I have spent a few hours in this mod we race them on Sundays, just a small group having fun we love the way you have to DRIVE these cars, theres none of this "easy racing" feel, you have to work hard to keep them on the edge, the limit as it were. So much reward when you get it right, love Em.

I'll stick to GPL. The cars in the AC GPL mod are way too easy to drive.
GPL has come a long way in 20 years due to a dedicated community. Try the Historic V2 mod before judging GPL 2019. If you want a proper 67 F1 season you won't get it in AC.

btw GPL runs fine on Win 10 and modern wheels and pedals.

• Deleted member 503495

The Assetto mod, the dodgy Automobilista mod, and the rFactor mods don't provide any better virtual experience than the GPL cars, as off as the original may be

I'll stick to GPL. The cars in the AC GPL mod are way too easy to drive.

Grand Prix Legends was a really impressive simulator, it was a very good time to enjoy it and his dedicated community, making mods and tracks... but for me the GPL cars were extremely difficult to drive, the physics was almost impossible, unless you spent half your life to learn it.
I do not want to enter into controversy, but if the AC GPL cars are easier it's not all bad for me.
I'm really enjoying this 67 mod in Assetto Corsa.
Cheers

Grand Prix Legends was a really impressive simulator, it was a very good time to enjoy it and his dedicated community, making mods and tracks... but for me the GPL cars were extremely difficult to drive, the physics was almost impossible, unless you spent half your life to learn it.
I do not want to enter into controversy, but if the AC GPL cars are easier it's not all bad for me.
I'm really enjoying this 67 mod in Assetto Corsa.
Cheers

That's why I say you need to try the Historic V2 mod in GPL before judging it. It's not just a graphics upgrade but a physics upgrade too. The cars are much easier to control without going too far to make them easy. I agree the original physics took some time to get used to them. I still like the original physics but i've been driving GPL for 19 years, so that's not what everybody wants to do.

The AC mod is fine and brings a lot of guys to the 67 F1 season and that's never a bad thing. I just wish he had called is something other than GPL. There's only one GPL and it should remain the classic we all know.

As for FF, I agree it's not great in GPL but it just adds to the challenge. Nothing wrong with doing all the work yourself. :)

That's why I say you need to try the Historic V2 mod in GPL before judging it.

GPL is the great classic, I fully agree on this.
Regarding back to try GPL, I've been away since 2007 when I finished my teamwork with the Montjuïc track for GPL.
I don’t think I could remember so many things to start with a new working installation of GPL in my computer, quite difficult as I can remember… and unfortunately, I do not have all the time I would want.
Anyway, thank you very much and long live to GPL!;)

Actually, there's an installer now. I can install GPL from scratch in less than 5min and have it all updated for cars, tracks, and tons of updates for the sim itself.
GPL didn't stand still in all these years. It's just that everybody gave up on it and aren't aware that GPL kept getting better. We're all using up to date gaming systems and controllers. I use the latest Fanatec controllers and they work perfect. My system was built to run DCS combat flight sim and it runs GPL perfect.

The Assetto mod, the dodgy Automobilista mod, and the rFactor mods don't provide any better virtual experience than the GPL cars, as off as the original may be
Last time I played GPL in 2010.
Don't know about those mods but official cars in AMS, AC and RF2 feel and drive much better than GPL.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea