GPL fanatic here, Is there a 67 F1 Mod thats good ?

You know not everyone is talented enough to make their own models and just because the models aren't original doesn't always mean the physics are bad, the sounds are bad, the ai is bad etc
Sure just don't try to hide where things come from. High res models are from forza and "mac ten" gets credit for the lotus 33 when it's clearly the kunos 25 with different wheels.

Good to have something but I would gladly pay for a high quality rendition of the cars done by RSS. I am currently racing the RSS GT1 cars in a league and they are just amazing. Imagine the same quality applied to the GPL cars. That would be the definitive GPL revival mod.

Sure just don't try to hide where things come from. High res models are from forza and "mac ten" gets credit for the lotus 33 when it's clearly the kunos 25 with different wheels.
He does but Bazza does also mention that the model is from Kunos, as for the Forza models they have been edited by the team and they look good imo.

Bazza does also mention that the model is from Kunos.
Dunno who Bazza is but this team member doesn't state anything of the sort when promoting it in every discord server:

upload_2018-12-9_18-7-33.png

And yes, Forza models do tend to look good, as they were made by professionals. Not really a great excuse for stealing them imo.

Well it would be a pretty good idea that each time someone goes to all the effort to make that huge write up for every update that its not conveniently the only piece of info not included then...

I mean if you go to the effort of crediting someone for a model, why only credit the guy who did the minority of said model?

Bazza is the main guy behind the mod, he mentions the model being made by Kunos on the F1 classic forum witch is the home of the mod.
Mentions it maybe in the 20 pages or so of chat, but not listed in the credits, which is quite obviously intentional considering they credited Kunos for the SFX lol. Don't see any credit for any of the other devs that models were stolen from either.

upload_2018-12-9_23-52-38.png

If these old cars were really popular, then a modding group would long have queued the music on making them, then Kunos would not concentrate on modern GT3 cars in ACC, and then my boys would not invariably choose the Zonda when getting hold of my rig.
Most, if not all of those who are interested about this mod, are well aware of the origins. As it stands, without being a nerd, and lurking the appropriate forums or discord channels, one would not even find a download link. So I think we should not blow this thing out of proportion with regards to crediting.

I've purchased almost every quality payware released for AC so far, and if one of the known artists would release a beautifully modelled...Hiromoto RA300, or a Copper-Mastratati T81, and with proper physics, hell, I would literally jump for joy, and throw my purse at him.
But as nothing has grown in the last 4 years, I reckon it never will, so this mod is probably the best we'll ever get, and I really rather have this then nothing at all.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.