Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
No.

First of all, it is my creation, I have made it for free, and I want to have a control about how it is, how it looks, how it is styled. I agree, it does need an update, always did. For money even I myself would consider doing something. But I suppose you have professional people in mind.

They can do new one from scratch, there is good room for improving all elements. I think this one is two months of work at most, a pro could do same, and more and better in a month or quicker, imagine what would be in three months. I wouldn't be surprised though if this build would be used anyway, just redressed, smoothed out, resurfaced (most likely some essential road undulations removed in AC style), cleaned out, detailed much further and better.

I also already have regrets of allowing my Goodwood to be "updated" in rF2, when I was requiring to be kept on the loop, to have a say if mod is in acceptable level for public release. Well I was forgotten, new guy acts like new owner and underdelivered + made some decisions I didn't like too much. I might do improved version for rF2 if I commit to it all 100% once. I was away from modeling for quite a while and have been building my physics modeling skills in rF2 for several years, worked on many cars physics, mostly 1967 and 1954 endurance racecars, one of the reasons was to have rich grids for Goodwood. I think it is worth starting to look at rF2 finally, how long are you going to be juicing much less advanced physics ? Once Goodwood would be leveled up in rF2, perhaps it could be then ported to AC, if there would be value to do so. Another consideration has to be AC2, which probably won't be moddable, but you never know.

You might as well just get someone to steal a better made model from other game somehow, don't ruin it with crap texturing and shading, and then everybody will like that one more. I know that rips has been completely normalized by now and loved by everyone. Gran Turismo has Goodwood, right ?

Last edited:
No.

First of all, it is my creation, I have made it for free, and I want to have a control about how it is, how it looks, how it is styled. I agree, it does need an update, always did. For money even I myself would consider doing something. But I suppose you have professional people in mind.

They can do new one from scratch, there is good room for improving all elements. I think this one is two months of work at most, a pro could do same, and more and better in a month or quicker, imagine what would be in three months. I wouldn't be surprised though if this build would be used anyway, just redressed, smoothed out, resurfaced (most likely some essential road undulations removed in AC style), cleaned out, detailed much further and better.

I also already have regrets of allowing my Goodwood to be "updated" in rF2, when I was requiring to be kept on the loop, to have a say if mod is in acceptable level for public release. Well I was forgotten, new guy acts like new owner and underdelivered + made some decisions I didn't like too much. I might do improved version for rF2 if I commit to it all 100% once. I was away from modeling for quite a while and have been building my physics modeling skills in rF2 for several years, worked on many cars physics, mostly 1967 and 1954 endurance racecars, one of the reasons was to have rich grids for Goodwood. I think it is worth starting to look at rF2 finally, how long are you going to be juicing much less advanced physics ? Once Goodwood would be leveled up in rF2, perhaps it could be then ported to AC, if there would be value to do so. Another consideration has to be AC2, which probably won't be moddable, but you never know.

You might as well just get someone to steal a better made model from other game somehow, don't ruin it with crap texturing and shading, and then everybody will like that one more. I know that rips has been completely normalized by now and loved by everyone. Gran Turismo has Goodwood, right ?
That's a disappointment, but you're the original owner so what you say goes... Such a shame though

Imagine you do something with great passion to 90%. And then someone gets paid, credited and so for the few percents of work on top of that.

Modding.
No, I get it, but like the original Brands Hatch, it needs updating. You have the ability to allow people to update your work, keeping it as your work, with your credit, but buff it up, for free. But you'd rather the community stick with a slightly outdated version. Like I said, I can understand it to a degree, but modders do their work for the community, but don't want the community to give back? I just find it bizarre

Oh AC community, you never change.

At least there is a bright side that you have some quality standards, even if they are messed up. Disrespecting modders for years for nitpicks, for not being perfect is just too much.

As I said, rip better Goodwood from somewhere else, ripping stuff is latest new standard in modding, isn't it.

Last edited:

At least there is a bright side that you have some quality standards, even if they are messed up. Disrespecting modders for years for nitpicks, for not being perfect is just too much.

As I said, rip better Goodwood from somewhere else, ripping stuff is latest new standard in modding, isn't it.
I mean, The community has grown more annoyed when people release work, and don't maintain it...? Even if you were offered money, you wouldnt take it for work. People want to help you, better your mod, and you refuse... Which is just going to lead to someone making a better version and your hard work is wasted and replaced.

It doesnt bother me either way tbh, but i see it from the community point, and yours.

The community are trying to do everything to keep this game alive. If it wasnt for the community and the modding, this game would have been long gone and we'd all be forced to play dreary AMS2 :D

I believe there’s a general misunderstanding when it comes to a modding community and content creators. Again my view and opinion…

Some content creators, including myself, have created content based on what we like and felt others with similar tastes would enjoy. My content for example, is never meant to be a contribution to any community.

What sucks to see is - and I side with Mantas on this.. is that after months/years of work gone into a project, the community feels they have right to control what happens with the project once it hits the internet. The “you should be happy we like your work and want to keep it up to date” attitude isn’t right.

Although unlike Mantas, I keep my work up to date because I embrace game engine updates and like to try new features, but like him, if I’m to say - don’t touch my work - it should be respected and that’s the end of that.

I have modified countless tracks from other creators to make it fit my visual, driving requirements, but I understand they are not mine, and would never publicize it unless there was an agreement with the owner. I have also given permission for modifications and conversions (some I regret) of my work. But it is as simple as that, the community needs to understand there’s an owner behind every project. You want to change it, ask… you get a no, move on.

The constant “sadness”, complaining, and even entitlement from the community when they don’t get what they want is getting a little annoying.

I believe there’s a general misunderstanding when it comes to a modding community and content creators. Again my view and opinion…

Some content creators, including myself, have created content based on what we like and felt others with similar tastes would enjoy. My content for example, is never meant to be a contribution to any community.

What sucks to see is - and I side with Mantas on this.. is that after months/years of work gone into a project, the community feels they have right to control what happens with the project once it hits the internet. The “you should be happy we like your work and want to keep it up to date” attitude isn’t right.

Although unlike Mantas, I keep my work up to date because I embrace game engine updates and like to try new features, but like him, if I’m to say - don’t touch my work - it should be respected and that’s the end of that.

I have modified countless tracks from other creators to make it fit my visual, driving requirements, but I understand they are not mine, and would never publicize it unless there was an agreement with the owner. I have also given permission for modifications and conversions (some I regret) of my work. But it is as simple as that, the community needs to understand there’s an owner behind every project. You want to change it, ask… you get a no, move on.

The constant “sadness”, complaining, and even entitlement from the community when they don’t get what they want is getting a little annoying.
It's sad to see people not understand that no means no.

Want something doing so badly that you are asking for it? Do it yourself. Learn.

Some people will say yes. But others will say no and when they do so take that as a final. Dont just keep asking.

Great fit of content for 13th page and my whole life.

@Johnr777 Thanks for constructive text. It is sad that these days writing up something with a meaning and thought is so rare.

I am not against for Goodwood being updated, I also had hopes it to happen by other person in rF2. But the end result wasn't satisfying enough, especially as I was left out of the loop quickly after permission although it was specifically asked to have me to evaluate and accept release. If someone else is going do something with my work, it has to be done as good or better than I would be capable to do it. And also telling that someone will get paid for all that (and I most likely would be left on ice and voiceless) really makes for bad taste. Goodwood is supposed to be all about good taste.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already has done something, and now just wants to release. Really wouldn't be surprised. Also wouldn't be surprised if it would be just fancied up downgrade of track, with more bling bling and assets to "impress", and of course the trick always works with these "new tech" update shenanigans, the actual product doesn't even have to be better, can be even worse as long as it has some trademarks to it that tells "it is better now" for people who can't differentiate facts.

On the other hand whatever I would do would be met as downgrade just because I am difficult person and have greatly boosted up reputation and many friends.

Last edited:
@mantasisg As the poster who asked the question I should probably clarify that I meant paying the original creator (i.e. you) a fair sum for the privilege of having you spend your time and effort on it. In no way would I think it was acceptable to hire someone else to basically put a gloss on what you did and let them take credit or anything like that; in no way is it acceptable (in the usual internet way) to just take people's work and pretend it is yours. I don't have updates ready or anything like that - I wouldn't even know who to contact, to be honest. The fact that you had a bad experience with the RF2 scenario leaves an awful taste in the mouth and I recognise how irritating that must be (and symptomatic of the attitudes you encounter online when it comes to work like this).

I am sorry that you have been badly treated by the AC 'community' - I am a more casual player interested in vintage racing so I was not aware of all the politics underlying the mod scene, and my original post may have struck you as off-key as a result. I did not mean to imply anything other than asking about the option of fair compensation for significant time and effort on a track which is one of my favourites (and which I am grateful for even having access to!).

Nobody who releases creative work in digital format should be told that the gratitude of the community should be enough for them to feel good. People have to pay rent and costs and have limited time in their lives.

I think if the community wants trusted, talented people to spend time and effort doing things beyond what they originally did for fun, the community should compensate them if they are open to it. People support Ilja and Peter Boese with real money; there are many creators who have given so much for free to this scene and asking them for more and more without anything in return other than likes is, in my opinion, a bit ridiculous.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and set out your position :)

Last edited:
Well thank you, I had no idea that "someone" is me. Somebody may as well do one from scratch. To begin with, with no bumps - AC style. Also no wet layout is needed with actual changed racing line simulated - no need for that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back