Tracks Goodwood Circuit

I just tested this segmented surface thing in the game and I actually really like it, perhaps at some spots I have reduced grip a bit too much outside, because it is not much different what line to take at those spots, but maybe thats how it really is. Some bends gets huge benefit from different line. Really interesting and really difficult, at some spots you have to get really close to the edge to get full advantage of grippier surface, it is rathe scarey there.

And yes thats just simply different levels of grip. Also the transitioning between those different levels feels rather natural for me, I have no problem. tested only 250gto, and gt40 so far.

I have assigned surfaces as normal road, rubbered, and "pure rubber" haha, friction coeficients - 0.82; 0.57; 0.45. I might have to do some tweaks, to make offline even more rewarding. But I'm very happy already.

@ltcars No I will probably not go for that, I don't know if I'd be able, also I guess too few people are interested in this anyway.....

Anyone would like to test ?

Great, will send it tomorrow, as it is very late already.

I just drove GT40 with Dusty setting and 16C, it was quite Brackish, a bit too sketchy at some parts, but sensitivity was similar and the laptime too.

Then drove 288GTO and the "Super Fast" on 16C but with "fast" setting. 288GTO was nice but meh, nothing compared to "Super Fast" in these conditions. To me that car is quite boring, but it becomes real beast when the grip is low. Very sensitive to lower grip patches, but stable great car.

I like how ffb goes light on low grip patches, awesome.

I just tested this segmented surface thing in the game and I actually really like it, perhaps at some spots I have reduced grip a bit too much outside, because it is not much different what line to take at those spots, but maybe thats how it really is. Some bends gets huge benefit from different line. Really interesting and really difficult, at some spots you have to get really close to the edge to get full advantage of grippier surface, it is rathe scarey there.

And yes thats just simply different levels of grip. Also the transitioning between those different levels feels rather natural for me, I have no problem. tested only 250gto, and gt40 so far.

I have assigned surfaces as normal road, rubbered, and "pure rubber" haha, friction coeficients - 0.82; 0.57; 0.45. I might have to do some tweaks, to make offline even more rewarding. But I'm very happy already.

@ltcars No I will probably not go for that, I don't know if I'd be able, also I guess too few people are interested in this anyway.....

Anyone would like to test ?
I'd like to test as well:thumbsup:

No I will probably not go for that, I don't know if I'd be able, also I guess too few people are interested in this anyway.....
I found this some time ago, looks quit interesting, to be honest I don't like the just shiny surfaces, maybe you can just create a racing line where the track is darker?:)

I'd suppose where the line is brighter. I will not be going all these lengths, even if something would be possible. I care not much about visual representation of track being wet because it is - AC. All i want to do is to get, and give at least a bit believable experience of driving in the wet, so countless of AC cars could have at least a shade of this kind of work to do.

I'm after the track tests. The idea is really cool. We only regret that after a few laps we feel which line is the most optimal. Respect for work put up

Why thats a regret ? In my experience it is not so easy to tell the exact optimal line in these conditions.

Of course it would be cool to have it changing as the track gets dry, but this is AC. rF2 has it, but it doesn't have the other piece. Also has too high grip in wet IMO.

I really hope that interest is so low because this is a mod and something like that. It would be extremely sad if Kunos would work on these dynamic things, just to realise (again) that people are actually very static and filled with inertia.

sorry i use google translator.I meant predictable, defined. But the first few laps when looking for limits gives mega fun. detail on PM

Kunos has said on more than one occasion that the data from NKP showed very little interest in wet driving. That's why they left it out of AC in the first place.

I guess you're experiencing the same phenomenon now. :(

Why would you need a rain tire option if that is in account of tweaked friction coeficients. Which is mostly just based on RL laptimes.

You can solve waterspray issue by just hotlaping alone if that hurts so much.

Wipers - same thing. Also could pretend that there is no windshield in the first place :D

Thats it you are immersed.

I think particle effects stops working under 0.9friction coeficient, IIRIC

I begin to think that most who wants those features, wants them for try for sure, like Marco is keep saying, to get the immersion for once. Driving ? ....meh, just to feel the immersion. What about the immersion of actual driving ? Steering wheel, pedals, gears selection, and the line....

I only miss puddles, and would really love to have friction coeficients relate dynamicly with speed, and and higher tire pressure to work better, than lower pressure but higher temps (at least from what I have gathered so far, quite strange).

And don't get me wrong I'm not crying here because my work is not recognized, who cares - it takes ~2-3hours to make it like that for this size of track, when it is ready.

Maybe 1/1000 simracers has a desire to master wet track driving in simulators.

So let me tell you, it is not a good idea to go in the wet in a AWD Lamborghini, which doesn't sound bad, but which has a brake balance of roughly 50%

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%