Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Should I go for complete perfection and model it for upcoming five years and release just after its done, or should I release it in early state this weekend so we all could have quite some good time with 250 GTO, and then I would continue to improve the track for the rest of etternity ? :D
Work on it forever, obviously :p

I would love to have a "right" Goodwood early state Version for the first test of the GTO (even if I would have prefered the SWB)
Thanks for doing this!!!
P.S. deleted the old Version after having seen the first screenshots.

@mantasisg

Cool project, Goddwood is good frame for all cars.:thumbsup:
And when you finished goodwood...
...next maybe a `68 or `71 Le Mans? The track is only a little bit longer...;):)
And your awesome XJ13 will love to drive where he´s been built for.

Well, I'm on the road from the 20th to the 30th, so hold off for another couple weekends to give her just a little more polish before first release ;)
:whistling:

Should I go for complete perfection and model it for upcoming five years and release just after its done, or should I release it in early state this weekend so we all could have quite some good time with 250 GTO, and then I would continue to improve the track for the rest of etternity ? :D

I was amazed how much "wrong" the old Goodwood mod is when I have tried it few days ago, and I used to like it for IMMERSION. I think it is about time for it to go to well deserved rest, people were using it a lot for many many years...

Beta release wouldnt be a bad idea to give it a go with the 250 GTO. I will need a day or so to do your cams though. :D

Yeah it has rather high res physical mesh, actually it was the very first thing the track got, because I'm using the very LiDAR pointcloud mesh for it. I have smoothed it a lot, because originally pointcloud was quite spiky. Perhaps I could have smoothed it with CloudCompare, but I did a short cut in theory, as usual :/

I don't know if I should neutralize the road more, most cars feels good, perhaps just E30 Gr.A and Yellowbird feels too rough for me, from those cars which I drove yet.

But that track has crazy amount of undulations everywhere and some bumps you'll see... Very fun to drive and race :)

Yeah it has rather high res physical mesh, actually it was the very first thing the track got, because I'm using the very LiDAR pointcloud mesh for it. I have smoothed it a lot, because originally pointcloud was quite spiky. Perhaps I could have smoothed it with CloudCompare, but I did a short cut in theory, as usual :/

I don't know if I should neutralize the road more, most cars feels good, perhaps just E30 Gr.A and Yellowbird feels too rough for me, from those cars which I drove yet.

But that track has crazy amount of undulations everywhere and some bumps you'll see... Very fun to drive and race :)

Yellowbird is very tailhappy and bumpy tracks are his natural foes...;)
I think testing the track with the GTO, the 330P4 and the 312 `67 and their respective ingame friends will be lots of fun and teaching us a good lesson, what a challenge it was, pushing those powerfull cars w/o downforce to their limits on those old time tracks.:)
And the posts here show, a lot of volunteer test drivers for the track will be available.

It is like it is released, looks like I have done that. Go and grab it, lets hope for online race there some time soon. I also hope that no big issues has slipped through. I guess if tomorrow we could do an online race, then it would be great.
AEjqfVn.jpg

Bs64NxA.jpg

ERVNdzb.jpg

QJ5R21l.jpg

DaeU0lI.jpg

Enjoy, and don't find any issues. :D

In case there will be issues, then post them in support forum.

It is known that AI is not very good at going through chicane and exiting the pits. So when you'll go through chicane with AI.... don't go through chicane with AI, give it a way, or pass it completely before entering chicane :)

Fantastic version of Goodwood, mantasisg. That old gpl version that served us well through so many sims for many (many, many) years can finally be retired.

It simply seems a crime we have no Jag mk.2 to throw around there. So much track yet so little win :cry:

For me it is a big win. Track is WIP, but we had many fun races in Racing legends server during the weekend, so it has proved to be quite alright for online use already.

It was a huge win right from the point that there were publicly available LiDAR data.

Now for even bigger win it would be great to have more cars which they use in Revival (or even in Members Meeting too), there was quite some car requests already. I think it is really awesome that this track potentially is making classic cars more desired now.

Can't wait for Ferrari pack tomorrow, it will have many fitting cars. Though only 250GTO is being raced at the revival. :)

Speaking of 250GTO, I have just driven it on "Wet" version and in Nemuno Ziedas too. And I'm quite amazed, placebo is really good, it behaves very nicely. Loosing grip very smoothly, and regaining it smoothly, not taking roughness, quite stable if not overdriven with the fact that it is "wet" in mind lol

I know what most of you would tell me, but I really recommend to try it. My fav setting is ~15C, Green track, Light Fog and low sun angle. Using same setups is ok, I think, I haven't tested if making it softer would help in the low grip setting.

One advice for better placebo - don't drive normal dry track optimal lines, try to use imagination, imagine that at certain spots there are more rubber pressed into the bedrock of tarmack, and suppose that you really don't want to go through there - it is almost same as ice. It gets quite funky, really fun with 250GTO.

I suggest to you placeboracers at least to try it.

I liked it so well, that I think I'm definitely spliting the physical mesh for next update, I will make some particular spots really slippery, so no imagination would be required anymore. I don't know how exactly it would feel. In fact some cars with this "wet" stuff in AC feels really bad, and some are great, as, for example, 250gto. Even only taking a different line and benefiting from that would be higher dimention for sure.

Just first scratches of experimenting with "advanced" placebo wet track. No idea how it is going to be, just made a back up of normal mesh, and started color coding where there will be less grip, and where there will be much less grip.
d7LLDIw.jpg

Amount of physical surfaces will increase three times. I wonder if I could use this for "fake dynamic track" lol it gets a bit funny there, but this is supposed to represent rubbered and more importantly - polished tarmac.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years