Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Outstanding feedback.

Basically what I get from it is - I have driven the track once for few minutes, maybe a minute, spun out a few times and gave up.

Thanks

I also tested Gallardo and Aventador, and both are realy awesome. Feels so alone, man.

Also Miura was super enjoyable.

Small tip - drive very slowly till the tires gets up the temps and pressure, I mean really slowly. At least for first two laps.

Last edited:
Some picturs just for attention and beer, and yes those are ingame screenshots, I do betatesting for AC3. How much new features you can spot ? And yes Kunos are skipping AC2 because AC3 is better than AC2. Also looks like ACE, AC3 you know, 3 is for 3v0luz10n3.
E-Type-in-the-rain.jpg

JMI-0826.jpg

37018629216_69cfb5b252_b.jpg

bW4hve6bQCaJ5YZt5kzRRw

JMI-0805.jpg

_v9a1731.jpg
c7d0cd75-0e9f-46ea-a3aa-f18aedabd111_800.jpg
20170909_2346_ianskelton-1030x687.jpg

9765018245_1390d462ee_b.jpg

Outstanding feedback.

Thanks
I've driven the Nordschleife, in the rain, with only one working windscreen wiper... your track there is hard to compare, real life wet driving is just a lot more than just reduced general grip :unsure: You'd probably need to alter a car's tires.ini to get the feeling closer to the real thing.

@AccAkut You just drove, or you actually really drove it there ? I mean at decent speed. I guess not, especially with only one working wiper. Also Goodwood is not Nordschleife, so I believe it is hard to compare.

I have also released wet Nordschleife mod here in RD, by the way.

And I understand that it is much more. I always did. But how exactly can you ellaborate ? Essentially it will be less grip, less traction. Depending on speed, tire pressure, tire thread, tire width, texture of the tarmac (roughness), weight of vehicle.... other factors.... but everything is down to less grip,

Felipe, a few years back, told me the same thing, also quickly made that tires.ini, but it was quite bad, I would have loved to discuss further, but got nowhere.

So how could you make it closer to real thing through tire.ini ? Other question is how practical that would be.

Easy to be inspired about Goodwood, hard to have time. Especially when having a blast racing Lotus 98T online bumper to bumper for whole 20mins and mandatory pitstops at Silverstone 1967. Sorry haha

Here is exactly how I look forward to upcoming challenges
sFAlvEU.jpg

And for an inspiration, possibly the best best video ever:

There are lots of incredible quality and very tasty footage bits, also Ben Collins is very good as a presenter IMO, I would say he does great job.

I have experimented with more immersive look of "wet effect" yesterday. Seems like multimap_AT shader works ok, which can adjust transparency with alpha channel of normal map, also has RGB map for specularity/reflection sharpness/reflection strength, and also has fresnel settings for reflectivity.

Puddles are really awesome, inspired by PC2, and they works nothing like in PC2, even whith almost no friction at all. Car becomes numb for a moment but thats it. In PC2 it feels like being hit by another car.

Was really missing in wet layout, now feels much better. Also no more constant reflective coat. Now it has a lot of variety, much more immersive look. I have tried to make it subtle, not too much and not too little.

Puddles could still use a lot of more care, but now just as basic experiment objects works fine, also sand.wav fits alright for the sound. Hard to get the reflectiveness right because of the way AC renders it. So I have not to use too much of reflectiveness, but also not to use too little, because then it looks dead. Still lots of tweaks needed for puddles.

Here you can see how puddles look at the very basic, and how tarmac coat looks now. I have to say that looks pretty awesome when driving around.

uqvENzK.jpg

236OSfq.jpg

Ok, and now back to the actual track improvements :)

I'm not sure... maybe. I think that track sounds are in common sound bank which is in common files.

But you really go through the pussle for extremely short time. Sand sound almost does it.

Making screenshots is part of betatesting, also driving for whole hour also is part of betatesting, and then for next one too. Don't you think that the reflection coat for road is too strong now, or maybe it is good now ?

Really difficult to tweak puddles, right now is a bit difficult to spot at a times, in some angles depending on light and weather a lot.

AhTVkwU.jpg

CdJxC74.jpg

27yzIkl.jpg

Fgpbc4z.jpg

Don't you think that the reflection coat for road is too strong now, or maybe it is good now ?

Really difficult to tweak puddles, right now is a bit difficult to spot at a times, in some angles depending on light and weather a lot.

Standing water can often be difficult to spot in some situations, so I'm inclined to say that's probably a good thing. An onboard video would be a great way to judge, though!

My internet is too terrible for uploading, so I never make any videos. I noticed that in PC2 it is also very difficult to spot puddles in many occasions (demo version). Basically you have to know.

The puddles of water don't look very convincing to me, sorry :unsure: The water just kind of stops at the grass which makes it look quite fake (to me) and the water looks like a mirror - like it's the same depth everywhere.

The outer edges are totaly sharp now, but inner side of the puddle has some fadeout. I think that is visible in the screeshots, but thats not the accent. The accent is that it is. The puddles will not be covering the grass.

I'm sure you're not finished with it, but for the moment I have to agree with Fat-Alfie. I will admit that I'm a bit biased and I don't care or even want rain weather in my racing sim, but I understand why many people do. The only road water that I've really liked was from the paused project "Islands" by @Bzuco. It's subtle and the environment looks like it would be a damp area which helps trick my brain.
This video only shows it for a few seconds...I linked to start the vid just before and you'll see smaller puddles on the road in a second or two...

Great bias lol His puddles looks nice. And that road is quite awesome, those 3D trees are a little bit insane lol

His puddles there are slightly too reflective IMO, also maybe lacks a bit transparency towards the edges. Dampness around them is a nice effect. But that doesn't fit my track because it is all wet, it is not dry in the middle. Does his puddles cause "hydroplaning" - I mean does they have less grip ? Vehicles are very prone to hydroplane over 100kph, and partial contact patch loss happens on way slower speeds, depending on tire pressure, thread, and tire width, tarmac texture a lot...

It is nice how he managed to get total reflectiveness to look good, last time I tried it flickered a lot for me.

That video you showed doesn't show them. So quick google

maxresdefault.jpg

I will try to achieve for better results, it is a bit difficult because I have complete separate kn5 file for those water elements. But the aim is to add immersion when driving, not to stop and look at them really.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%