Tracks Goodwood Circuit

When you do something what isn't supposed to be done, then it is a bit difficult, and compromises might have to be done. Right now I'm trying to find best balance for reflectiveness, and it is really hard because it also affects color, in general huge impact for the look.

In this example you can see that it looks good from this angle, well at least it looks ok to me, some might find it wrong maybe, IDK

8xwF6dA.jpg

But from opposite direction and especially with a camera close to the surface it goes wrong, reflections aren't fully correct, and this would cause annoying flickering in some cases:
kK78MPH.jpg

It would also look not too awesome in replay because when the water is reflecting surroundings rather well, but not the car then it is not complete. Also car ambient underbody shadow might get messed up.

So don't demand much. Compromises has to be done, and I'm doing it just for the few folks who actually are dying to get a little bit of "wet like" driving, even if it is just a modded placebo factor, but placebo can get pretty good at a times. Loosing 99percent of grip when going over the puddle certainly adds some.

Hydroplaning's not really a fixed amount of lost grip though, it's normal wet grip up until you hit a certain speed, and is also proportional to tire pressure (higher pressure = higher speeds to start hydroplaning)

I know. :) Also depending on tire thread and surface texture, water levels.....

I also know that partial loss of grip for an average car begins at very low speeds, and complete loss of traction can occur in very mortal speeds like 100kph, for example.

Been doing reyoutubesearch some time ago, a good portion of basic knowledge:

Exact issue around 9:00

But it sums up at having less grip. All roads are pointing towards the amount of friction. And we are usually driving around the track at pretty much similar speeds at particular places.

All I'm doing is that I'm looking for that average point of friction. Of course there will be too little grip under slow speeds, and there will be probably too much friction for high speeds. But I'm biasing grip levels towards high speeds, because thats what we are doing in racing sims - going fast. And I'm using laptimes as a refference. Placebo is also a good refference.

Last edited:
ive tried umpteen ways to get something nice, it just always amounts to poorly done. needs unique shaders for the job. this has seperate puddle physics and transition from semi dry to puddle physics, even has `pretend` spray on the puddles and as much as its all a nice idea. its actually a waste of time in terms of reality unfortunately. However if ac2 becomes a fact, you`ll be in good knowledge of making stuff wet :), but lets not pretend its nice. imo its horrific unless the time ,weather and clouds are set static.

8kLAScd.jpg

Last edited:
It is just for a sake of what can be done, and something can. I'm too tired to repeat this, but thats just for the placebo which is possible to achieve.

That screen looks good, just a tiny bit repetitive, but other than that very awesome. I have shrinked UV a little to have less repetition, could have possibly shrinked too much. But my texture is rather random. Your texture is very awesome.

And yeah there might be always an angle which will look bad, unless you make compromises.

I'm more in driving experience.

I am looking for low poly planes and helicopters. Ideal would be 2-3 different models for air planes and same for helicopters. Absolutely perfect would be if they would share same UV so could fit in same material. Also looking for low poly spectators cars, I guess classic cars would be better.

I am looking for low poly planes and helicopters. Ideal would be 2-3 different models for air planes and same for helicopters. Absolutely perfect would be if they would share same UV so could fit in same material. Also looking for low poly spectators cars, I guess classic cars would be better.
ask LilSki, he once said he had a bunch of them from his flightsim modelling days

Probably going to try cardboard planes at first, because they are all parked very far from the track. I have used Kunos helicopter from Brands Hatch for now, maybe sometime will do my own. Have you ever noticed that there is nice Heli at Brands Hatch ? :)

I have also taken Kunos marshals, ambulance and scenery cars from Silverstone 1967 for now.

Not going to be very visible, so these should work. Lowest poly planes ever:

PEjK89n.jpg

I have room for three more in a texture, that would make for six. Any suggestions what plane models to add ? perhaps could offer an image top view and side view is needed. Join the modding team by doing that :D

Last edited:
Are you familiar with an old 9 CD collection of 3dsmax models called "de espona 3D models"? It's really old, but for low-res background stuff it could probably be helpful. For example, if you enter the category for "Aircraft" you'll see sub categories for airplanes, helicopters, etc.
9B7n9ur

9B7n9ur.png

Once you select an aircraft you'll see CD # that model is located on and the directory the aircraft is in.
PKH1ya6.png

mpX0z25.png

As you can see, each aircraft offers four levels of poly count...and it can go low.

Thanks :) Thats a great collection, and would be very useful. Now I only have to find out what that collection exactly is lol I hope it isn't like a collection of ripped models, also can not really find a proper source.

Another request even more involving into the modding of Goodwood for you guys. I will have to replace cardboard people textures with something more 50s - 60s. So I need the material of images with people standing and sitting. And then some standing people with umbrellas for the wet layout.

Great lap mate :thumbsup: Last time I tried was in the wet, so add a minute to that time :D Those puddles are a bitch but they add so much to the immersion I love 'em. I'm gathering my thoughts to give you proper-ish feedback later today.

And, you know, challenge accepted :cool:

@Mathieu Labbé ~2'10 + could be a logical laptime for a wet layout with Dusty setting and 0C through Content Manager. Lately I used only about ~20C and Optimum setting for wet layout already fun haha 250GTO is one of those cars which are suffering more from the puddles.

Will be looking forward to what you think :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%