Germany Next Focus in Euro Truck Simulator 2 Development

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 Germany Update 6.jpg

SCS Software have confirmed ETS 2 will be getting a bit of a makeover soon, with Germany the first location to be updated to current graphical standards...

Having just deployed a major update to both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator that adds plenty of new content and features, fans would be forgiven for thinking SCS Software would have a bit of a rest on their laurels for a while and enjoy some of the success from recent weeks.. not so.

Having long held a desire to bring the simulation fully up to the modern standards employed in recent map expansions, this impressive development team have now confirmed that work is already under way improving older sections of content, with the German region first to get some more love and attention by the graphic artists over at the Czech based studio.

So everyone loves a good 'before and after' don't they? Good, let's begin then:

Before
ETS 2 Germany Update 1.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 2.jpg

Before

ETS 2 Germany Update 3.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 4.jpg

Before

ETS 2 Germany Update 5.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 6.jpg

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to hear SCS are spending some time and attention on older locations in ETS2? Looking forward to the upcoming Germany update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
can't wait
and if this all comes free ( which I suspect that's what it sounds like) than that's really quite impressive and really nice from the devs to do that

so often we see that devs don't update old stuff, because financially it doesn't make sense

My only wish for the makeover is a driveable passenger car (Pickup, policecar) wih decent physics.
I like roaming around with my rift and wheel. The game itself is perfect for that purpose, but the car mods are horrible because of the truck physics.

Gotta say, though I love the map expansions and their quality has risen, I might be even MORE excited for this :).

DLC after DLC I found myself being incredibly picky about routes, due to not wanting to end up 100's of miles into old content territory.

I stayed in Italy since the release, practically, only to tour france here and there or a long haul straight to scandinavia.

Great to see!
Huge appreciation for taking on revamps on such a scale.

Finally... It's a large part of the base game map and has been neglected for too long really considering the success of the game. Way too much repetition, and lots of elements of the Autobahn and surrounding roads that wouldn't be built like that in real life. The road network surely is one of the most important elements of the game and it shouldn't take mods to get it to an acceptable state.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 89 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000