Featured Germany Next Focus in Euro Truck Simulator 2 Development

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 24, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,482
    ETS 2 Germany Update 6.jpg
    SCS Software have confirmed ETS 2 will be getting a bit of a makeover soon, with Germany the first location to be updated to current graphical standards...

Having just deployed a major update to both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator that adds plenty of new content and features, fans would be forgiven for thinking SCS Software would have a bit of a rest on their laurels for a while and enjoy some of the success from recent weeks.. not so.

Having long held a desire to bring the simulation fully up to the modern standards employed in recent map expansions, this impressive development team have now confirmed that work is already under way improving older sections of content, with the German region first to get some more love and attention by the graphic artists over at the Czech based studio.

So everyone loves a good 'before and after' don't they? Good, let's begin then:

Before
    ETS 2 Germany Update 1.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 2.jpg

Before

ETS 2 Germany Update 3.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 4.jpg

Before

ETS 2 Germany Update 5.jpg

After

ETS 2 Germany Update 6.jpg

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to hear SCS are spending some time and attention on older locations in ETS2? Looking forward to the upcoming Germany update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 8
  2. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,556
    Germany is the center of the sim universe good start I would say :D:p
    these guy's are hardcore............

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +475
    I just started to play the game and I'm already addicted. How can I explain t some outsider why I play this game?

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  4. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium

Ratings:
    +143
    Finally! I was like two different games when crossing the French -German border.

It's a hefty and probably unwanted task by SCS but much needed. UK next :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,542
    can't wait
    and if this all comes free ( which I suspect that's what it sounds like) than that's really quite impressive and really nice from the devs to do that

so often we see that devs don't update old stuff, because financially it doesn't make sense

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Helldriver

Helldriver

Ratings:
    +31
    My only wish for the makeover is a driveable passenger car (Pickup, policecar) wih decent physics.
    I like roaming around with my rift and wheel. The game itself is perfect for that purpose, but the car mods are horrible because of the truck physics.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +102
    People who like map realism should really take a look at the Promods mod that expands the base SCS gives already. Seems SCS actually used some Promods bits (probably not directly but still) of their Autobahn rebuilding project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    Well, not. The only explanation you can give which people can understand: it’s stress relief and relaxation. All other explanations are only understandable for us who plays it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Salajutsu

Salajutsu

Ratings:
    +19
    Gotta say, though I love the map expansions and their quality has risen, I might be even MORE excited for this :).

DLC after DLC I found myself being incredibly picky about routes, due to not wanting to end up 100's of miles into old content territory.

I stayed in Italy since the release, practically, only to tour france here and there or a long haul straight to scandinavia.

Great to see!
    Huge appreciation for taking on revamps on such a scale.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +102
    Indeed, close to 600 hours by now and 400 000km.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frankenstein795

Frankenstein795

Ratings:
    +1
    its a truck sim, not a car sim.

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius

Ratings:
    +464
    Finally... It's a large part of the base game map and has been neglected for too long really considering the success of the game. Way too much repetition, and lots of elements of the Autobahn and surrounding roads that wouldn't be built like that in real life. The road network surely is one of the most important elements of the game and it shouldn't take mods to get it to an acceptable state.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,542
    i would really love to see smaller lorries and vans :) especially at the begining of the career

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sky

Sky
    Premium

Ratings:
    +204
    the lack of truck stop prostitutes really hurts the realism factor.

15. N'Gear

N'Gear

Ratings:
    +3
    Wonder when they will add the Iberian peninsula, I know the original map has some needs, although I'd rather see my home country in there

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Peregrine

Peregrine

Ratings:
    +8
    One of the reasons I support this developer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rengaruu

Rengaruu

Ratings:
    +0
    still there are so many people which would like a car simulation on realistic streets. and to this day there is not a single game that fullfills that wish. just add a halfway decent car to ets2 and so many people would be happy about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +129
    It's about time. I absolutely hate those single-lane interchanges; and even more so after doing the recent ETRC-themed event on World of Trucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +475
    There is a mod for this

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius

Ratings:
    +464
    This 100%.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.