American Truck Sim and ETS 2 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS ETS 2 Update 1.31.jpg

SCS Software release a simultaneous update for both American and European Truck Sim 2 today... adding plenty of new content and updates...

Bringing to both simulations the usual wide array of fixes and improvements for both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator, the new update released earlier today is also notable for a fine list of both little and large content / feature inclusions. From a new road in American Truck Sim to the very latest machines from Scania in European Truck Sim 2, the new update(s) are pretty much guaranteed to offer a little (or large) something for all tastes.

CHANGELOG - MAIN FEATURES:
  • Power/air lines between truck and trailer(s)
  • More realistic mirror rendering (head position-based FOV)
ATS only:
  • New road through Yosemite added - CA-120
  • New trailers (bottom dumpers)
ETS2 only:
  • Random road events
  • 8x4 Scania R and S truck chassis
  • New routes for Special Transport DLC missions
  • Mighty Griffin DLC aftermarket tuning parts for next-gen Scania S & R
MINOR CHANGES:
  • Job selection screens have new filter and cargo search elements
  • Parking brake automatically ON after truck spawn (g_park_brake_init)
  • Screenshot name format now based on date and time
  • Increased precision trip data (dashboard computer display)
  • Fixed torque converter locking
  • Fixed damaged predefined trucks in dealers and quick jobs
  • Fixed trailer damage reporting
  • Fixed HDR interpolation
ETS2 only:
  • UK trailers no longer have a different license plate from the lorry
  • Faster gear shifting for new Opticruise transmissions
  • Fixed/updated license plates in various countries (Belgian, Norwegian, Polish, Czech)
TOOLS/ MOD:
  • New terrain brushes in the map editor
  • Dropped support of very old maps (pre ver. 4.38)
  • Mirror_data
  • A trailer can be registered as standalone or not
  • Variable shift length
  • Truck dealer trucks are not in a single file/list anymore, the game reads all files/units in the given directory, making things friendlier for mods to coexist
  • Steerable wheel independent on wheel model
  • Dropped support for old attributes

Make sure to OPT OUT of beta branches now and your game will be automatically updated on Steam. For the legacy non-Steam edition of ETS2, the update should be ready in a few days. Enjoy!

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respect Steam store page.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the new update(s)? Enjoying ATS / ETS 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
These maps are insane, they build all the world details and road and surroundings,
what about adding race tracks on the maps, get up and drive to the track in your mini van, and go racing, a track day or something be awesome :D

These maps are insane, they build all the world details and road and surroundings,
what about adding race tracks on the maps, get up and drive to the track in your mini van, and go racing, a track day or something be awesome :D
I reached out to the devs a while ago and suggested that for ETS2, they either acquire the licensing or create clones of F1 teams, and let us drive from base (England) to various circuits for races on the calendar.

Nice, we have been discussing this so many times on Teamspeak how cool it would be to merge various sims into one big world.
  • Use ETS or ATS to drive a F1 truck to the airport
  • Use a flight simulator to fly from airport a to b
  • Use a truck sim to get the shipment at the circuit
  • Simulate a racing weekend on site.
Will happen at some point in the future for sure, that's a nice idea to dream of right?

Nice, we have been discussing this so many times on Teamspeak how cool it would be to merge various sims into one big world.
Will happen at some point in the future for sure, that's a nice idea to dream of right?
I was dreaming about that this morning like drive ETS to Spa then pick a sim like AC or Pcars2 to drive around the track then leave back inside ETS :D:D

yeah I have been dreaming of the same for quite a while, it would be pretty cool
however, if you as a truck driver crash, and your car won't make it to the start of the race, I guess you will be upset :)

but yeah, ETS together with the racing sims could be first step, and add planes and ships later

I like this game, but i´m missing decent physics for car mods. It would be perfect for just cruising aroung in traffic with the VR headset on. City Car Driving has the same problem. I could drive around for hours, but the bad physics are eliminating the fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%