Genesi 2016 Concept Car

Cars Genesi 2016 Concept Car Genesi 2016 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
cski68 submitted a new resource:

Genesi 2016 Concept Car - Italian Concept Super Car from Model 5 of Italy

View attachment 249092
It's been a long and tedious road but I have my first official clean download ready for your pleasure. Keep in mind that this is a 90% nurbs model that I converted and modified in Maya for AC. Because of that, it is a bit heavier than the cars uploaded on this site. I have tested it with a full grid of 24 cars and other than a little hesitation on the start the fps stayed good with no hesitation on the rest of the track.
I am very eager for your input on how to...

Read more about this resource...

This is very impressive for a first car! It looks fine to me for the most part, also appropriately detailed for 511k tris. 500k is a lot tris and this car offers plenty of detail for that count! However, I'm always out pointing out the flaws and I did find some here as well:

8HdSXAo.png

1. The windshield is dirty for some reason. It looks like a CRT TV with image burn-in, which is rather distracting.
2. The edges on that rear view mirror aren't smooth, they have saw edges. It's in the driver's field of view so it should really have nice, smooth corners.
3. The navigator screen looks awful, sorry. It's a low resolution texture right in the driver's vision, quite a contrast to the crisp gauge cluster. I'd prolly also replace it with the Genesi logo instead of a static navigator.

These are small problems on a great car, just thought I'd point these out to you. Keep going and make it even better!

1. The windshield is dirty for some reason. It looks like a CRT TV with image burn-in, which is rather distracting.
2. The edges on that rear view mirror aren't smooth, they have saw edges. It's in the driver's field of view so it should really have nice, smooth corners.
3. The navigator screen looks awful, sorry. It's a low resolution texture right in the driver's vision, quite a contrast to the crisp gauge cluster. I'd prolly also replace it with the Genesi logo instead of a static navigator.
Thanks for the input,
Your absolutely spot on with these points. the first two I can fix but the Nav screen is a problem, I only have a low res image from back when I worked on the Genesi showcar. I've asked if they have any high res images but unfortunately they have lost the data. I may just make one myself that looks simple and clean.

I won't get a chance to test this for a while, probably, but I just wanted to say that this looks fantastic, and I'm happy to see you're still in the community :)

Damn, almost forgot about this...

..and just from a quick glance in Content Manager it seems like you hit a strike, model is gorgeous and pretty well balanced even with the 500k tris number. Baked normal surfaces, proper UV unmapping and AO, looks like something straight from a DLC (in a very good way).

Only nitpick I found immediately is that it seems like you saved the LOD_B not with the "Save kn5 - no textures" option, as its basically as big as the LOD_A, which means double VRAM needed (all LODS shoudl normally use the textures from the LOD_A)

..and just from a quick glance in Content Manager it seems like you hit a strike, model is gorgeous and pretty well balanced even with the 500k tris number. Baked normal surfaces, proper UV unmapping and AO, looks like something straight from a DLC (in a very good way).

Only nitpick I found immediately is that it seems like you saved the LOD_B not with the "Save kn5 - no textures" option, as its basically as big as the LOD_A, which means double VRAM needed (all LODS shoudl normally use the textures from the LOD_A)
Yes your correct all LOD should be saved with no textures :)

Small nitpick, the little plastic piece beside the mirror would need to be double sided as its see through now from inside. Nice car though agree with the statement above its DLC quality.
Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.01 - 20.59.53.77.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.01 - 21.00.21.71.png

Ok, I thought it was large but I have never created a LOD before and put it down to my nurbs to poly count. Makes sense when you explain how it should really work. I will do some research on how to correct this. Thanks for the input.

kunos content is weirdly known for slowly getting more detail as the years went by.
Their engine got better over the years, so they could just up their personal guidelines and limits with it - and ofc all the modellers got more experienced and they probably received more source material from the licence partners... I remember Panky pretty much stating that by the 911 RSR 2017 release they ignored every guideline but the size of the final kn5.... that car has so many materials and subobjects :D

@cski68 for the LODs, just make sure in the KS Editor that the LOD_B fbx uses the same textures included in the full LOD_A, then choose the "No texture" export option. No witchcraft.

cski68 updated Genesi 2016 Concept Car with a new update entry:

More Aggressive Sound Thanks to Audioloids

Now the sound matches the looks.
Special thanks to Audioloids for letting me use their Audi r8 lms sound.
Funny things is, when I was testing the Genesi I downloaded the Audioloids Lms sound because I though it was just Awesome! Then I was introduced to Albert with audioloids for possible future work and to ask him if he had a sound that would fit the Genesi. lo and behold it was the very sound that I loved for the Genesi since I first tested her.

I would also like to thank AccAkut for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back