Genesi 2016 Concept Car

Cars Genesi 2016 Concept Car Genesi 2016 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah model looks stunning man - the result is surprisingly good for the most part considering its converted from nurbs. Few areas that suffer in terms of reflections simply because of the generated poly flow - although I think this is made worse with your bodywork shader choice -

unknown.png

vs edited shader that imo does not highlight these blemishes so much:

unknown.png

Apart from those blemishes its really fantastic visually, for the most part it makes the transition from nurbs really well. Oh also I think the door hinges could use some tweaking - right now they intersect with the bodywork when they open. :roflmao:

Personally I'd be a bit more aggressive with the LODs considering the initial tricount - take a look at A3DR's Viper for example, the LODs are not that pretty (imo, sorry Dan :p) but ingame they look awesome, you simply don't see the flaws at a distance.

Really great car though, can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

Great car! Please check the flash lights. They permanently flash and don't stop anymore, when I press the button for the flash lights.
Has this car in real life really such a horrible brakes sound? With the new sound a get a headache every time I brake. I had to go back to the first version of the sound.

Thanks for the input Gary,
How did you achieve those hightlights? did you tighten up the exp specular and sun spec?
I will try that with the LODs, I was worried when I saw how bad mine looked and I was at 9 meg, it seems I can be easily 30% of that and be OK.
The problem with the door animations is, this is a concept car that was only an exterior buck that didn't have opening doors so when they designed it they never did any door swing analysis to get the proper door cut. I will fix the animations but I really don't know what to do for a hinge. I will try to mock up something so it looks somewhat feasible.
I feel much more confident now that I'm on the right track with my work flow (Nurbs to poly) but it still needs some tweeking.
Thanks Gary and to everyone for your comments, I really look forward to my next project.

Try these, this is my go to settings for bodywork (which should just be the same as Kunos), so this would have been what I tested on your too. You can also control the spec with the alpha channel on the 'detail' texture.

qMPosgy.jpg

cski68 updated Genesi 2016 Concept Car with a new update entry:

Cosmetic Updates

Just a few Cosmetic Updated.
1: Updated Car paint shader settings, now the blemishes from the nurbs 2 poly conversion are less noticeable. (Thanks for the pointers Gary, looks much better.)
2: removed low res. LCD and added a cool texture until I receive a high res version of the LCD.
3: Added mirror triangle inner to hide the hole from cockpit view.
4: fixed door animations and created a some what believable door hinge.
View attachment 250052 View attachment 250053

Read the rest of this update entry...

You forgot to apply the shader changes to LOD B:

t4qrca1.png

Also some weird thing going on with the LOD B mirrors, you might want to check that out. Otherwise, this is a brilliant update, fixed everything I and Gary have mentioned! :thumbsup:

Having an issue trying to generate my own custom previews... When I run ksPreviewBuilder it just deletes the current previews and leaves none in place... Perhaps something is missing in order for previews to be generated in this manner? Also attached a screenshot of the current dash cam placement... It seems like the bonnet cam is the dash cam and the current dash cam is like a tachometer cam... :geek:

Attachments

• dash cam.gif
    dash cam.gif
    569.2 KB · Views: 301
Having an issue trying to generate my own custom previews... When I run ksPreviewBuilder it just deletes the current previews and leaves none in place... Perhaps something is missing in order for previews to be generated in this manner? Also attached a screenshot of the current dash cam placement... It seems like the bonnet cam is the dash cam and the current dash cam is like a tachometer cam... :geek:

Can't help with the dash cam placement, but for previews I was never able to get the KSPreviewBuilder to work properly, either, so I just use CM for it. Default settings were identical to the Kunos previews for me.

I've since made a few tweaks to the scene for myself; slightly brighter, front wheels turned to full lock, lights on and driver in. Highly recommend using CM; vastly easier to use, imho, and gives you far more latitude for custom previews as well.

Can't help with the dash cam placement, but for previews I was never able to get the KSPreviewBuilder to work properly, either, so I just use CM for it. Default settings were identical to the Kunos previews for me.

I've since made a few tweaks to the scene for myself; slightly brighter, front wheels turned to full lock, lights on and driver in. Highly recommend using CM; vastly easier to use, imho, and gives you far more latitude for custom previews as well.

Thanks for the info! Though I have always just used default launcher... I tried CM and I guess to me it offered up way more than I was wanting. But maybe I will give it another go. I just use the default previews that come with the car for now, since they're rather close to the ones I have generated. Tried to edit the dash cam myself but when I open the ini in notepad there is a language encoding issue it seems and all ini files are written this way. Perhaps the PreviewBuilder issue stems in correlation with this? I made up some other badges and logos for this car if anyone would like to use them. Hope to soon release a pack of badges and logos I have made over the past few months. Cheers!

Attachments

• badge.png
    badge.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 235
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 219
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 232
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 249
Thanks for the info! Though I have always just used default launcher... I tried CM and I guess to me it offered up way more than I was wanting. But maybe I will give it another go. I just use the default previews that come with the car for now, since they're rather close to the ones I have generated. Tried to edit the dash cam myself but when I open the ini in notepad there is a language encoding issue it seems and all ini files are written this way. Perhaps the PreviewBuilder issue stems in correlation with this? I made up some other badges and logos for this car if anyone would like to use them. Hope to soon release a pack of badges and logos I have made over the past few months. Cheers!

Honestly I mostly use CM as just what the name implies; a content manager. I rarely use it as a launcher (though I don't know why, it is superior to the Kunos one). It's worth getting purely for the content management capabilities imho.

You forgot to apply the shader changes to LOD B:

t4qrca1.png

Also some weird thing going on with the LOD B mirrors, you might want to check that out. Otherwise, this is a brilliant update, fixed everything I and Gary have mentioned! :thumbsup:
Fixed, coming out later today. I just need to fix the Brake glow issue.

cski68 updated Genesi 2016 Concept Car with a new update entry:

Settings and Cosmetic updates

Updates;
1: Fixed the lodB settings to match the previous update changes and mirrors out of position. (thanks for your help Mirta27)
2: Fixed Brake Glow and as I guessed it was completely my fault. (Bad Node names on the left brake discs)
3: I added 2 alternative sfx folders if you don't like the aggressive sound. Personally I love the more race sound and I want to promote the great stuff being done by the guys at Audioloids but I am told that it is acceptable to use Kunos sounds thus the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Your right, I just checked. I don't know what happened it was working on earlier versions? I'm looking into the problem. could this be an update issue or my F-up. I'm guessing the ladder.

Hello ;) you need to use those objects in the brakes.ini

DISC_LF=GEO_Disc_LF_SUB0
DISC_RF=GEO_Disc_RF_SUB0
DISC_LR=GEO_Disc_LR_SUB0
DISC_RR=GEO_Disc_RR_SUB0

and maybe increase the MAX_GLOW a bit for the rear and front

edit: oups, i did not see that you post an update.

Hello,

Thanks you for your hard work. Great quality car and good to drive.

Somes things :
- Texture of windows are too much textured, clean windows with a little reflect must be better
- Collider is too down, there is the sound of body car in tarmac in all turns
- The sound of Huracan performante is the better sound for this car (GT3 sound not good with brake and gear sound)
- Better without flames

With my Content Manager preview preset, the car is alive :D
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hd-reflect-car-preview.20283/
preview.jpg

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 169
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 197
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 204
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 197
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 237
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 217
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 181
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 193
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
"What format would you like the skins saved? I created 4k 32bit HDR images which are very large. I could save them as 4k 8 or 16 bit TIFF files to get the size down. Interior, Exterior or both?

Should I release this with the update or create a link?"

Thank you for your reply! If it were me, I would most likely go the route of an additional link... And having the textures in 8k would be awesome! :)) Great to see the progress you make!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%