General Thread for Multiplayer Success/Fail/Report comments and achievements

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
I've never seen here a thread for feeling happiness or sadness about our achievements or victories on R3E Multiplayer. Also, any thread about reporting drivers neither...

How was your race? You made they bit the dust a little bit, or they were faster than you? Their times? Your times? Anyone wrecked you so much that you had to rage-quit?

I thought it can be nice to comment our experiences out there in this thread.

"Online rubber lacks realism, when aggressive settings auto lead to overheating and a more rapid wear of the tyres. Evidence of the BMW M1 Procar. Session of 30 minutes, wear of the rubber is included, but the drop rate leaders not palpable. Seems to be a repeat, machines at leaders are aggressively. It is an integral part of the tactical component of the Simulator and not only.

Maybe I'm wrong about the overheating and wear rubber, but eventually will need to run an online session with the wear of rubber and of 20-30 minutes."

Maybe I misunderstand your point : What I found racing the M1 30 mins MP is that the tyres are still very forgiving ! Compared to GTR 2 where you definitely got into trouble (Pit Radio: "Your tyres are totally worn out, return to pits immediately!") when you push the limits too hard its just Alpha-Light Tyre wear-mode in R3E now :) (probably for the devs to check out how it works in general). After 30 mins with the M1 I was just down to 97% something. Others ahead and way faster (and surely more aggressive) than me seem also not to have problems , cause they could keep a constant pace to the end....so for my taste you could kick our butts a bit more Sector 3 ;)....

Edit: Uh forgot about accidents : Racing the M1 online I had a guy right in front who actually was on par with me but I observed he was breaking earlier (cause maybe other brake balance settings than me).After a few laps hanging at his bumper I decided to attack (last straight uphill on Nuerburgring) and -by all means - there he found the right spot to break - well and so I crashed into him. I said "sorry" and waited until he was back on track again - thats the way I learned community racing is done.
As a bad example on Norisring I had several guys who actually lacked control, missing their breaking points , got off track , but instead of accepting their failure they started weird unfair actions (squeezing ,pushing aggresively to get their lost position back or -what I hate most - chosing an inner line while accelerating (against me) but actually are in disadvantage already- so that they force me off the racing line before next turn - that is okay in a normal "combat situation" - but these ones have already lost it but nevertheless trying to gain advantage with such actions. And thats just selfish.
As I always try to keep it clean and fair as possible I always give space in delicate situations - If I wouldn`t I had to react the same and smash them against the wall - but I don`t see the point in such Kindergarten-like actions.....actually like in martial arts I mainly fight against myself to get out the best result under every circumstance,despite all intrusions, challenges and against all odds.
But NEVER at all costs.

Last edited:
Rough with the smooth today, had an awesome battle at monza which i came second!! (only due to the 3rd and 4th guys knocking themselves all over the place @247 unlucky on the visitor on that race.

Then i see 17 on at hockenheim DTM1992 sweet, wrong! was a major wreck fest but reminded me just how much i love the M3 :), straight out of that into a ADAC14 at hockenheim again, bam another wreck fest but managed to hold off @Sean Kenney (just) unlucky spin bud.

Attachments

• 2015-01-27 1505 0003.jpg
    2015-01-27 1505 0003.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 241
@David Plummer yeah, I spin out with those cars so much. I almost hit you, bit of a unintentional dive bomb, on one of the corners, but I managed to sneak by you . Then I proceed to spin out a couple corners later lol. Karma. Too much to handle sometimes.

It was a wreck fest at the beginning, I got nailed a couple of times. I don't know what caused it, bc I was farther back.

I also did a DTm 92 race on zandvoort. Did ok, good to see some fair drivers out there.

Lastly did Bathurst with the touring car, with another guy. That was fun. Intense track at times.

Always fun though. Wish I had time for more :)

Rough with the smooth today, had an awesome battle at monza which i came second!! (only due to the 3rd and 4th guys knocking themselves all over the place @247 unlucky on the visitor on that race.

Then i see 17 on at hockenheim DTM1992 sweet, wrong! was a major wreck fest but reminded me just how much i love the M3 :), straight out of that into a ADAC14 at hockenheim again, bam another wreck fest but managed to hold off @Sean Kenney (just) unlucky spin bud.

yep...shame i've made some good qualifying laps but my door was knocking just when we wre about to start... :p

Today i was able to join a gt3 race at the last second but something was wrong. I hit cars that were 2 car lenghts ahead of me, all the time. Really embarrassing. I had to quit the race to not ruin it for everyone. Must have been a really bad lag or something because of the late server join.
Had some nice dtm92 races afterwards. People are still very fair and quick :thumbsup:

Would be nice if the devs would change the tracks for MP every one or two weeks though. Until we have track rotation. PLEASE :D

Today i was able to join a gt3 race at the last second but something was wrong. I hit cars that were 2 car lenghts ahead of me, all the time. Really embarrassing. I had to quit the race to not ruin it for everyone. Must have been a really bad lag or something because of the late server join.
Had some nice dtm92 races afterwards. People are still very fair and quick :thumbsup:

Would be nice if the devs would change the tracks for MP every one or two weeks though. Until we have track rotation. PLEASE :D

I was in the gt3 race with you, you were lagging really bad, which explains why you rear ended me on turn 1 lol. I saw you at hockenhiem in the dtm in the mustang, dam that thing is fast!

I was in the gt3 race with you, you were lagging really bad, which explains why you rear ended me on turn 1 lol. I saw you at hockenhiem in the dtm in the mustang, dam that thing is fast!

Sorry mate :D
Yes mustang is fast but also drifting all over the place. Very fun car.

Found out two days ago that my gas pedal kept at 30% without any input.
And i was wondering why my braking was so bad, LOL. And i could only use 95% max throttle.
Was a good training to fight online like that i guess.
Took me two hours to take the g25 pedals apart and clean the poti's. Now it's perfect again.
R3E really needs an indicator for brake/gas/clutch :whistling:

Found out two days ago that my gas pedal kept at 30% without any input.
Should also try to clean the throttle of my G27. I had a similar issue the last two evenings and wasn't sure if it's maybe a software problem. With lifted pedal the car keeps the speed. Guess it must look stupid from behind when starting from pole and loosing the car in the third corner because it is still pushing to the outside during breaking.:barefoot:

Oh dear, just experienced my first destruction derby...Myself and another had really cool quali session, only to be wiped out in T1 in Hungary/WTCC..A real shame, I got going again, caught the pack, to be wiped out again......Needless to say I didn't stick around. I don't quit if I make a mistake, or if someone makes a mistake that affects me, but this was crazy, you can tell the difference between a mistake and a blatant attack. Oh well on to the next.

In sharp contrast to that, had a cracking DTM92 race this morning, Myself in a Mustang, and my closest competitor in the beemer....I got away but for a few laps it was very close and clean.

I wonder whether its worth looking out for the people that are there from the beginning of the session but don't qualify!

@James Cook sorry I hit u, I was dodging that other guy, my bad.

What a terrible race that ended up being for me
Was that the DTM 92 race at Nurburgring? No worries, I didn't think anything of it at the time. That other guy kind of messed up my race a few laps before when he cut across me (and spun) as I was trying to pass him up the inside. Being a gent, I waited for him to rejoin (which put me near the back) but it was his fault for not leaving me room when I was beside him. I was reeling you in towards the end but then made a small mistake on the last lap.

The Monza WTCC race was a train wreck for me. First chicane - plough into a car that's spun in front of me. It wasn't his fault, just a racing incident which I couldn't avoid getting caught up in. Second chicane - plough into another car side-on - he was rejoining the track after a spin but didn't take any care for approaching traffic. Put me even further back. I'd had enough after an opening lap like that. :thumbsdown:

Was that the DTM 92 race at Nurburgring? No worries, I didn't think anything of it at the time. That other guy kind of messed up my race a few laps before when he cut across me (and spun) as I was trying to pass him up the inside. Being a gent, I waited for him to rejoin (which put me near the back) but it was his fault for not leaving me room when I was beside him. I was reeling you in towards the end but then made a small mistake on the last lap.

The Monza WTCC race was a train wreck for me. First chicane - plough into a car that's spun in front of me. It wasn't his fault, just a racing incident which I couldn't avoid getting caught up in. Second chicane - plough into another car side-on - he was rejoining the track after a spin but didn't take any care for approaching traffic. Put me even further back. I'd had enough after an opening lap like that. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, it was at Nurburgring....I ended up moving too far over as he spun out and knocked you, but luckily you didn't spin out. I started ok in that race, but did a stupid spin out and ruined my race.

WTCC ended up in a crap show. I don't know what was going on in that race, but the leader slowed down massively on the last chicane thing, with another car behind him, I think to create a race. I came in and had to dodge them and flew all over the place ending up causing a massive car wreck to the people behind me.

Yesterday i had one of these races with DTM 14 in Zandvoort why iam so often in MP instead of SP. Surrounded by fast and fair guys who give you pressure from behind and the ones in front you can follow closely. Giving you enough room and making no kamikaze manouvers. Im the kind of driver who is waiting for the right moment several laps and iam enjoying to drive so close to sb else on this track in the cockpit perspective - it is so exciting in this moment. Iam not that long in the virtual racing scene but in my opinion there are a lot of good and fair players around in multiplayer...of course with enough exceptions. But what was also nice to see that many players used their mirrors and waited when coming back on track or being overlapped. Nice experience. I finished 3rd this race but i don't care it it's 7 or 1when it's so close and fair. Btw i still wonder what is the motivation to wait to crash others and finish with 5laps less but set up one slow down record after each other.

@Rella

I was on track with you a couple of days ago - DTM '92 @ Nurburgring - I was in the white Mustang trying to keep the thing on track while you were putting pressure on me for a few laps. It worked as I messed up my braking into the last chicane and spun.

Last night I had my first proper G5 Classics race. :) I've tried many times to get a G5 server going but always give up due to lack of interest. Not sure why people aren't racing these cars as they are fantastic. There was only five of us in the race but it was still good fun and pretty close considering how wild these cars are. Only 11 seconds between first and last, everyone tip-toeing through the corners. I hope the upcoming G5 pack stirs up more interest in this class of cars.

Had some great DTM 92 races too.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea