General Thread for Multiplayer Success/Fail/Report comments and achievements

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
I've never seen here a thread for feeling happiness or sadness about our achievements or victories on R3E Multiplayer. Also, any thread about reporting drivers neither...

How was your race? You made they bit the dust a little bit, or they were faster than you? Their times? Your times? Anyone wrecked you so much that you had to rage-quit?

I thought it can be nice to comment our experiences out there in this thread.

Really looking forward to getting something regular going with clean racers....cause tbh tonight was terrible....I had a couple of races after dinner...it's so pot luck atm....

Really looking forward to getting something regular going with clean racers....cause tbh tonight was terrible....I had a couple of races after dinner...it's so pot luck atm....
Yeah, it's very hit or miss. When it's good it's very good, so multiplayer is worth persevering with. But there are a lot of idiots and people with poor racing etiquette. I'm still stunned by how many accidents occur on the grid. How can a five or six car pile up happen when the drivers in question have only travelled a few metres? Other times it's stationary cars on the grid when the lights turn green that cause problems. Then you have the first corner heroes who want to make up half a grid's worth of places in the first corner and/or don't appreciate that the braking point will be much sooner than on a hot lap.

All very frustrating.

My policy now is to not quit out of a race without good reason. Even if I take a hit on the first lap that puts me at the back of the pack, I continue to the end because it's surprising how well you can recover from an early setback in a race. Plus I enjoy the driving even if I'm in last place. I'll never understand these people who routinely quit because they spin out and find themselves last. It's just a bit of fun for me, I'd rather finish somewhere near the back than quit.

I'll never understand these people who routinely quit because they spin out and find themselves last. It's just a bit of fun for me, I'd rather finish somewhere near the back than quit.

I can't agree with this part enough. I absolutely hate this mentality. I've had to delete a few people (decent, fair drivers) who I had originally added as friends in game. The first mistake from them, or little bump from someone and they're gone, disconnected. Why? Just to go join another race a few mins later for the same thing to happen? :mad::confused:

Just finish the race! Even if you don't win or finish on the podium, try and learn something, try and beat your PB. As James says it's easy to make some places back even in a 10/15 min race! But no, I'll join another race and win it in the 1st corner instead! :(

Agreed. There's always something to learn, even if you're cut off at the back well away from the pack (something @Steven Bull is far too quick to worry about!). Familiarise yourself more with the circuit and the car - where can I improve? Or simply just enjoy being on a virtual race track in a virtual fast car. You learn nothing by quitting out.

Without wanting to get too deep into this, I think people are increasingly looking for instant gratification hence when things go wrong it's time to quit and start again. I think it's a shame when I enter a race with a 20+ grid only for less than half the drivers to finish (which happens most of the time). It tarnishes the experience somewhat.

Had a good race last night...looking for some Bathurst action after watching the 12 Hour.....got a ping on a DTM 92 race and got right in, which was a nice change. As soon as I joined, we got about 7 assorted Euros hopping in for the race...had a good race ( love the Evo 190, suprising good brakes!) although I ate it on top of the mountain and rolled in last...was hoping for a pile up to help me out. Only 1 disconnect and good racing. A success.

I'll never understand these people who routinely quit because they spin out

try and learn something, try and beat your PB
Totally agree. You can find often people of similar speed with whom you can have nice battles at the back of the field or take it as training and do it better the next time.
I also don't understand people which you finally overtake after battling several laps and then they immediately leave.
In general I still think it's a great multiplayer community but yesterday i had several races where some people were playing so unfair. I don't like WTCC but found me in Zandvoort unexpected starting from 2nd and driving several laps close to the first. I had four secs gap to the third and we had to overlap somebody. But he blocked the road by going constantly from left to the right and back. We could pass him until his Lada rolled over but then I was fourth. Next race at Bathurst with DTM92 I came back from last position after first corner crash and wanted to overtake sb on the long back straight who did the same. Going constantly from left to the right. At least he was in the same lap and one move would be ok. But I don't and won't understand such minds. Some sessions are really nice but there are evenings where I wonder if I shouldn't take a longer break. But somehow I am addicted :whistling:

something @Steven Bull is far too quick to worry about!

:redface:

Still, there's plenty of times where you may join a race right before it starts with no time to qualify or mess up your only chance at a flying lap and have to start near the back. I've seen plenty of fast drivers have to do this and they'll quit because they've been hit at T1 or somewhere on the first lap. If I start near the back, I tend to let those behind pass before T1. By T2 I'll no doubt be ahead of them again and by the end of the first lap half the grid will have crashed or disconnected! If I can't catch the leaders it's not the end of the world and even if there's no one around to race I'll see if I can get the fastest lap or get close to my PB.

I also don't understand people which you finally overtake after battling several laps and then they immediately leave.

Yes, I've had this too. When someone is faster than me and eventually pass I challenge myself to maintain the gap to them as best as I can. How are they faster than me? (How can this actually be possible?! :p) I watch their line, see where they brake and try to pick a few things up to improve myself.

As for the idiots who swerve or do everything to stop you getting by, I've started to view this as a mini game! Nothing else matters at this point. They won't ruin my race and certainly won't make me disconnect even if they ram me off the track, I won't give them the satisfaction. I see it as a challenge and try my best to outsmart them, forcing them to make a mistake so I can get on with my race. Very satisfying when someone like this goes off the track when they've tried to ruin your race!

Some sessions are really nice but there are evenings where I wonder if I shouldn't take a longer break. But somehow I am addicted :whistling:

I didn't race the whole of January. I won't allow it to happen again! :D

Last edited:
Well - yeah - we often see accidents in MP-Races and a lot of them are not necessary. But it could be worse.
In my opinion there are not much real Crash-Kids in MP. Most of the drivers really want to race, want to drive fast and want to fight for their position without forcing accidents. But maby they don't have much experience or not so much time to find a competitive setup for the car. That often causes chain-reactions, especially during a race, driving in a pack.
Unluckily there are realy some idiots, that are blocking like crazy and pushing cars from the track while the oponent trys to overtake. But you can find that behavior not only at slower and unexperienced drivers.

But it could be worse.

But you can find that behavior not only at slower and unexperienced drivers.

Oh, definitely. For the most part, the standard is pretty good and I really enjoy it. I just wish people didn't give up as easily! I'm sure once dedicated servers have arrived, this won't be much of an issue for us lot on here. :thumbsup:

I think the pickup racing etiquette in RRRE is much better than anything I have found in AC so far, but it is certainly not perfect.

There is a tactic that is often used against me that that I am wondering if it is considered dirty or not because it is used by so many players.

That is when I drive hard and clean and finally get my car along side the car in front of me, setting up a battle for the next corner, that driver will then try to push me off the track. Pushing me farther and farther to one side of the track until I either have to let off, wreck, or pit wreck the driver.

I really hate this tactic and hope I am not alone in thinking this is dirty driving?

Last edited:
Totally agree. You can find often people of similar speed with whom you can have nice battles at the back of the field or take it as training and do it better the next time.

Yup, as someone who is still learning and always ends up towards the back in races, there are battles and fun to be had all over the track. I can do decent laps, but in the race I always screw up somewhere rendering me towards the back of the pack - still working on this, but a battle for 13th place with a decent driver can get my heart pounding just fine :)

Looking forward to trying some club races with R3E. Have done AC like this but not R3E yet....will not miss the intentional rammer types

I only leave if I have no one to race against at the back after a few laps. I use to race it out but I don't have enough time to play not to have a bit of cars about. I need practice with cars about.

Usually I have no one to race against BC they all quit as I pass them.

Last edited:
I only leave if I have no one to race against at the back after a few laps. I use to race it out but I don't have enough time to play not to have a bit of cars about. I need practice with cars about.

Yes I understand this. If I'm in a club race and i'm halfway through with no one remotely close, i'll shut it down. Normally it's a weeknight, late, and i'm nearing getting lapped....OK, time to put myself out of my misery for everyone's sake. But the shorter public races I tend to finish.

I just raced @ Raceroom Raceway with the GTR1 cars.

P1, clean and challenging race, gg :)

2 hours later EDIT: Just had another one with ADAC GT Masters 2013 at Hockenheimring. 5th. Just think about a deutsch bread sandwich with spanish meat at the middle.

Last edited:
@Thomas Friedrich glad to meet you on track maan! a couple more laps and I'd of crumbled....great race Thomas..danke, gut rennen (that's about the extent of my german, and that's probably wrong) anyway nice one...

FacePalm.....it was Tobias Fr. Well save this for when we do meet...

Last edited:
I purchased Bathurst on the recent sale so last night i saw it filling up and jumped in. First race was a dtm92 race 17 started and only 7 finished. It really spoils races when people have a wreck or even just a spin to then immediately leave. Next was a 30 min WTCC race which i was lapped but stayed until the end. Again spoilt by a wreck on the first lap for the guy who caused it to then leave...... Ok rant over I feel much better now :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%