Gamescom: Assetto Corsa Hands-On

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Last edited by a moderator:
To all of you who have mentioned the difference between the real steering wheel and the virtual one. This is not due to the camera recording, it is because of the input lag, caused by the screens used for the stand. There is a lot of difference in input lag between the different screens you can buy now a day, and especially TV screens are very very bad for sim racing, because they have a huge amount of input lag, even in "gaming" mode.

If you see this video, you can see this input lag is way smaller, and almost not notisble for the human eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSRBALL0gj4&feature=g-user-u

You can ask Niels Huesinkveld og Remco Hitman about the phenomen, they know a lot about it.

Also in this video, you can see how slow a TV screen really is, compared to a PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6tXq8Ec_wM&feature=plcp

Regards

Kasper Stoltze

@Wim Bries same feeling here buddy, was great talking to you... We should organize a Racecom sometimes at Zolder :)
if i win the lottery or rob a bank and have some money, i'll be sure to tag along :D

Must say i am still waiting for the catch. ;)
As the sim sounds to be good to be true.
don't think there will be any catch, these guys are true sim racers and have been honest in everything they have said.

I´m impressed. With only 5 in IQ you sure seem to have figured out language and stuff.
You continue believing muhammad atta´s driver´s license went into a steel building at 500mph, through the plane, through ignited fuel, through the building and down on the street in perfect condition.

They really can fool people with whatever **** they come up with these days.
BÄÄÄ

I never agreed nor disagreed with anything posted in there. TBH I don't really care what the truth is. It's of little consequence to me.

Wasnt trying be negative about it. And i didnt say they arent honest.
Its just good to be true so i am waiting for something negative about it. Dont get my wrong i dont want it either. But there isnt a perfect game and there never will be. For example we dont know anything about pricing yet or maybe we need to pay also for the server like rF2 you never know. :)
So i am waiting for some sort of catch.

I never agreed nor disagreed with anything posted in there. TBH I don't really care what the truth is. It's of little consequence to me.
So you just wanted to make a low joke for the sake of it?
Honestly it was a low move to do. If you know yourself that something isn´t right then ridiculing people who actually believe something isn´t right is not the way to handle things.
We have enough heat by getting called conspiracy theorists and automatically being put in a psycho folder.

It´s a sensitive subject and you are not exactly helping the situation.

I bet one Jew suspected some things were wrong in the 1940´s.
People probably laughed in his face. Even Jews.
How many do you think laughed when the gas was turned on?

And by saying "it´s of little consequence to me" really means
"I don´t give a damn about other people as long as it doesn´t affect me"
When it starts to affect you it´s too late.

No matter what your stance is, do you not care about human beings in general?
Don´t worry. Not many people actually do.

I tried myself by using 2 different cameras and there was a lag with Race07, maybe its because you film it as a third person.
I would love to know why and what does this, because the camera would have to pick up the movements of the wheel on screen with a slight delay then your own wheel movements.
I believe you don´t worry, i can see it myself in the video but it doesn´t make sense to me how it can be :)
Hopefully someone knows the science behind this phenomenon.
Hampus, you should start trusting your own reasoning - because you are entirely correct.

There is no science to this, because the "phenomenon" described here does not exist.

The delay between the real wheel and the rendered wheel is correctly captured by the camera (of course), since the photons from the screen and the ones reflected on the real wheel arrive at the camera sensor at the same time (well, at least VERY VERY VERY close to same :) )

This has been discussed much already, and hopefully soon we can bury this incorrect belief.

Goodbye rFactor 2.

No more shitty graphics. No more poor performance. No more poor FFB. No more unrealistic physics. No more excessively bumpy tracks. No more innefective setups.

nKPro already had the best physics and FFB of all the sims and now we are gonna have this improved in a beautiful, complete and moddable game. It´s a dream coming true.

Not sure which rFactor 2 you have been playing but I wouldn't call the FFB poor really. Same for the physics being unrealistic.

Don't recognize anything in your post really. I must have been playing another game than you :)

My Facebook buddy from school said on steam he wanted to get F1 2012 i told him how i did not like F1 2011 and to get this Race 07 with GTR expansion. You can mod the cars tracks and build the season your way. Don't like the track delete it from the calender its that easy.

I have a 18 race F1 championship with RR1 models.

I have a sports car series with a Radical prototype and all 50 tracks

My Facebook buddy from school said on steam he wanted to get F1 2012 i told him how i did not like F1 2011 and to get this Race 07 with GTR expansion. You can mod the cars tracks and build the season your way. Don't like the track delete it from the calender its that easy.

I have a 18 race F1 championship with RR1 models.

I have a sports car series with a Radical prototype and all 50 tracks
What in the name has that got to do with asseto corsa?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back