Gamescom: Assetto Corsa Hands-On

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Last edited by a moderator:
Have they mentioned if they have any plans to adapt the interface with phones as well as tablets?
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note and i would love to be able to use it as seen in game!
We briefly spoke with Kunos about the use of tablets. Apart from what I would like to see as it being a device to setup the servers they have some clever ideas for it as well. Certainly not something thats only for the Gamescom show I am sure.

The game is so unbelievably open to modders and even webdevelopers and coders. You can even insert your own html to customize stuff.

Lots of potential for our upcoming statistics and ranks for sure :)

@Joe Hubbard: FFB I can't really compare as at home I am using a Logitech G27 and as you can see on the picture above we were using the latest Fanatec wheel. Felt pretty solid and very precise though.

@Dave Begley: actually the pc configuaration of the triple screen pc wasnt that high and still the output looks like the video above shot by Adam which is equal to what we have seen in screenshots before.

I´ve always wondered about this but could you explain why this happens?

A camera should not be aware of whatever it is filming so if there´s no lag in reality then the camera should not pick up any lag.

Maybe they are using Vsync which is known to be smooth but will introduce a slight lag.
I tried myself by using 2 different cameras and there was a lag with Race07, maybe its because you film it as a third person.

Somewhat optimistic for this. Enjoyed what I played of NKPro, and this looks like it could take us all by surprise. I've always wanted a sim that had the harsh sim aspects of the likes of rFactor or iRacing, but the feel and immersion of games like Shift and other Codemasters titles. Often when I play rFactor, I feel detached from everything, with static props, sub par sounds (in a lot of sims), and no progression. The only excitement I get from it is racing other people.

I tried myself by using 2 different cameras and there was a lag with Race07, maybe its because you film it as a third person.
I would love to know why and what does this, because the camera would have to pick up the movements of the wheel on screen with a slight delay then your own wheel movements.
I believe you don´t worry, i can see it myself in the video but it doesn´t make sense to me how it can be :)
Hopefully someone knows the science behind this phenomenon.

How much practice did you get before filming? I asked because you seemed to be able to drive fairly well. Were there physic adjustments for the driver and AI (like pCARS) that can make the game easy or hard? I noticed that after spinning out it did not seem to hinder your driving...similar to pCARS. At least the AI did not crash out in T1 like it does in pCARS. :rolleyes:

I noticed lag as well in the vid FWIW.

Finally, any word on live multiplayer with real people? Hosted by AC or go to R2Play and form a league?

Thanks for the video and information!! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years