Game Stock Car Extreme v1.27 Released - Update via Steam, GSC Sync or RAR package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Video using SweetFX - grab it with our settings here.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.27 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download v1.27 update package here: v1.27 Update package

NOTE: The above package is for users updating from v1.252. If you are manually updating from v1.21 you will first need to install v1.21 to v1.25 update package from this link, and then add the v1.251 & v1.252 update package from this link , before applying the v1.27 update.

Main changelog for v1.27:

Content

Car:
  • Added new kart series: 4-stroke GX390 amateur racing spec
Track:
  • Added Londrina kart track (3 layouts)
Features & fixes:
  • Updated terrain shaders & textures for Spielberg, Spielberg Historic & Interlagos Historic (other tracks to receive the same treatment in following updates)
  • Several sound updates & fine tuning
  • Several physics updates & fine tuning
  • Various AI fixes & improvements
  • Further optimization (F-Retro, F-Vee & trackside TV cameras specially)
  • Fixed bug with F-Retro shadows becoming corrupted and crippling performance
  • Upgraded Metalmoro MR18 windshield resolution in all cars
  • Fixed alpha in road lines sorting with 3D grass blades in various tracks
  • Improved scaling of mirrors in all cars (further mapping corrections still to be done)
  • Reduced default cockpit FOV from 55 to 50 degrees in all cars
Known issues:
Several code-related issues reported from v1.21 & v1.25 are still present in this build, as the code is still being rewritten to eliminate most of the main issues and introduce new features. This is expected to be finished for v1.30 coming up next. For that reason v1.27 has the following known issues:
  • Bug in the scoring in championship mode for all series;
  • F-Extreme can occasionally disappear when hitting 8th gear in multiplayer;
  • F-Extreme & F-Reiza tyre restrictions are not applying in pitstops;
  • Setting grid position (when qualifying is turned off) does not work (always start from pole
  • Dedicated tool does not work from Steam version (does work from NonSteam install)

Please direct your bug reports on v1.27 to this thread.

If you already own and enjoy GSC Extreme, help us share the word by posting your review on Steam!

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

I updated my non Steam GSC v 1.25.1 or was it 1.25.2??? with GSC Sync, but after the update ,all cars stay in 3th Gear, very "funny"....... If i try to reassign any of the commands in the control options, it doesnt detect the button or Gear lever i press on my G 27... so im not able to change the buttons on my G 27 Wheel.
The Steering and Pedals work ingame, but i cant change Gears , same if i load any of the InGame Presets, i cant reassign the Gear levers or buttons, something must be broken with the Controller detection here!?
I deleted controller ini but i t didnt helped. Also tried to manually install the Updates, its the
same again as soon as i install v1.27. With v1.25.2 installed again my wheel works like it should. So pls what can i try now to solve this????

Last edited:
No thy aren't. Those are the P1's (Audi R18 Ettron, Porsche 919 Hybrid & the Toyota TS040 Hybrid) from World Endurance Series v1.1 mod.;)

287nrpd.jpg

2ibykqf.jpg

14ak2sx.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing changed with the commands functionality so the updates are not part of the problem. Sorry to be obvious, but have you verified that the shifter is not engaged in 3rd gear?

Hello@ Reiza,
Now i feel myself very small and stupid:notworthy::unsure::redface::whistling:......... it really was that **********:mad: Shifter which i use very rarely for Driving. It was engaged in 3th Gear, so after i put back in Neutral everything is fine now. I have no Idea why it was in 3th Gear, maybe i did it unnoticed while i dusted my PC Desk, or maybe my Cats like to play GSC while im not at home?????............. and strangely it only went wrong while 3th Gear was engaged in 1.27 and 1.25 was fine..

One last Question: Is there now any problem with my GSC install because i first installed 1.27 with GSC Sync, and then, after it "didnt worked" i did simply( i was a bit lazy) put 1.25.1 and 1.25.2 manually over it without uninstalling first???
The next step i did then, was installing manually the update from 1.25.2 to 1.27 and then i ran GSC sync for checking if its ok. and GSC sync found nothing more to install...
So did i messed up now everything or can i let it be like it is?????

And thank you @ Reiza for the hint and Update!!!!!!:)

With regards to sync....
When we sync, we usually delete the sync cache folder and sync again. We do this a few times as there are always files to be downloaded after the first sync.
This seems to work well as the sync sort of misses a few files now and again. We keep doing this until there is no more files to download. The game runs perfect then.
Might help someone.

I just got a new gpu - r7 250x - and i'm testing it now. I have it set on high/ultra.
I notice the gpu usage is constantly at 100% when driving. Is this normal ?
Was testing RO2 before this and it reached 60% gpu usage on high settings...

One more thing...Afterburner overlay doesn't work with this game ?

This might just be me, but did the Formula Extreme receive that ERS functionality? I'm asking because it seems like I'm able to get on the power much better now. Sorry if this is a redundant question.

Just got a brand new PC. Downloaded GSC and all my other steam games. GSC downloaded fine and I even did a verify-file-integrity check. Everything seemed OK...

When I tried to start GSC for the first ever time, it wouldn't start. I tried running it (config exe and regular game exe) in admin mode, same with Steam. I kept getting this error-popup that pointed me to some crash-dump file.

I then followed Reiza's directions on the Steam section about running the DX9 installer from the GSC support folder. I didn't think this would solve the problem as I already had a fairly new version of DX9 (I just fully installed and updated Windows including rFactor 2 b930 which also comes with a DirectX installer) from just 5 or so days ago. I was wrong and GSC started and brought me to the config screen.

Thanks Reiza!

Just wanted to confirm that after Update from 1.25 to 1.27 the Problems i had with FRetro
are all gone and everythings fine again in GSCE, so, Thank you Reiza!!!

From my Original Post in 1.25 Bug Report Thread:
Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg Historic
Car Used: Formula Retro
Applicable Settings: GSC Extreme 1.25 with latest Gsync Updates 16.2.2015 non STEAM Version at the Moment
AA set in Nvidia Inspector 16Q and 4x Sparsegrid Supersampling, everything on Full, 1680x1050
PC Specs Win 8.1 64bit, 16 G Ram 4790K and GTX 780 at Stock speed no OC newest Nvidia GFX Driver
If you @ Reiza need more specific Informations please contact me

Report: Game freeze, crash or runs in strange slowmotion, after having a driving crash in this car and trying to go on track again from Garage or Monitor screen.
If i sit then in Pits again the FFb Wheel ( G 27 ) gets f.... up and turns slowly from left to right constantly while the rest of the game runs very stuttering slowmotion like......

It also happens that the Game crashes while racing normally on track, alone or online with others.

When i play the replay from the crash in fullscreen mode right after the crash and press rewind or forward the replay goes very stuttery and jumpy, and totally uncontrollable and Game crashes after that or will react extremly slow to mouse commands or crashes.

I had some races and Driving Crashes too, on this and other tracks with F3 and V12 Car and no problems

Steps to reproduce:Choose F Retro and Johannesburg Historic or i tried Jacarepagua too, then make a crash, exit to pits and try to reenter game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back