Game Stock Car Extreme v1.27 Released - Update via Steam, GSC Sync or RAR package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Video using SweetFX - grab it with our settings here.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.27 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download v1.27 update package here: v1.27 Update package

NOTE: The above package is for users updating from v1.252. If you are manually updating from v1.21 you will first need to install v1.21 to v1.25 update package from this link, and then add the v1.251 & v1.252 update package from this link , before applying the v1.27 update.

Main changelog for v1.27:

Content

Car:
  • Added new kart series: 4-stroke GX390 amateur racing spec
Track:
  • Added Londrina kart track (3 layouts)
Features & fixes:
  • Updated terrain shaders & textures for Spielberg, Spielberg Historic & Interlagos Historic (other tracks to receive the same treatment in following updates)
  • Several sound updates & fine tuning
  • Several physics updates & fine tuning
  • Various AI fixes & improvements
  • Further optimization (F-Retro, F-Vee & trackside TV cameras specially)
  • Fixed bug with F-Retro shadows becoming corrupted and crippling performance
  • Upgraded Metalmoro MR18 windshield resolution in all cars
  • Fixed alpha in road lines sorting with 3D grass blades in various tracks
  • Improved scaling of mirrors in all cars (further mapping corrections still to be done)
  • Reduced default cockpit FOV from 55 to 50 degrees in all cars
Known issues:
Several code-related issues reported from v1.21 & v1.25 are still present in this build, as the code is still being rewritten to eliminate most of the main issues and introduce new features. This is expected to be finished for v1.30 coming up next. For that reason v1.27 has the following known issues:
  • Bug in the scoring in championship mode for all series;
  • F-Extreme can occasionally disappear when hitting 8th gear in multiplayer;
  • F-Extreme & F-Reiza tyre restrictions are not applying in pitstops;
  • Setting grid position (when qualifying is turned off) does not work (always start from pole
  • Dedicated tool does not work from Steam version (does work from NonSteam install)

Please direct your bug reports on v1.27 to this thread.

If you already own and enjoy GSC Extreme, help us share the word by posting your review on Steam!

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

The game is kind of forgetting the main base which is the Stock Car category as is clear in the name, so I'm not for the benefit of having a game stock car part as well as the Formula Truck and Trademark Petrobras Cup have a great thing !! But Congratulations for the work which continues to evolve the game

Seriously loving this update. The new Londrina kart tracks are so much fun to drive (LOVE the elevation changes) and the new kart is fantastic. I just can't get enough of that realistic engine sound. I was already having so much fun in the rental karts from the last update and now this. :inlove:

Funny side-note... I was driving the Formula Trucks at Londrina the other day, lost control in a turn and found myself stopped face-first up against the fence. Sitting there, I literally leaned closer to my monitor (as if I could see out my windshield better) as I noticed the cool kart track visible below the embankment on the other side of the fence. Said to myself, "Self, there's that cool kart track they said is coming soon." And surprise, today is the day. Looks even cooler to now be on the track in an awesome-sounding kart than looking at it from above, through the fence. :)

Big cheers and kudos to Reiza for not only continuing to give us such awesome content FOR FREE, but to also continually providing such cool developer support on this forum. We ask a question and usually within minutes the guys that made the sim are providing answers. :thumbsup:

Any chance we might see an update to increase the number of accessible controllers? The Steam release of rFactor1 solved this nicely. Having to unplug a number of peripherals, and usually mess up the order of the controllers in other games when reattached, keeps me from jumping into GSCE as often as I'd like.

will there ever be virtual hands on steering wheel in cockpit view ??
I kind of like when there is :cautious:
question 2 : in controller 2 options there is a bar that says LOOK AHEAD I have newer figured out what that does in GSC or in rfactor ???:geek:

Thanks. I've verified steam install and deleted and re added sim button in SV4 but it's saying the game isn't installed?! Maybe I should completely uninstall it and start again but I have the feeling SimVibe is looking for the old GSCE folder which I deleted. Thanks for any help!

Thanks. I've verified steam install and deleted and re added sim button in SV4 but it's saying the game isn't installed?! Maybe I should completely uninstall it and start again but I have the feeling SimVibe is looking for the old GSCE folder which I deleted. Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure what to suggest, I can only show you how mine is:
Screenshot one - settings tab (third tab of SimCommander 4):
I added GSC Steam version as new game & pointed it to the new folder.

Then screenshot 2 manage Sim Setup Buttons tab (first tab)
Added it as new game here as well (but I can't remember if I used AutoDiscover here, or found it manually).

sc41.jpg sc42.jpg

I'm not sure what to suggest, I can only show you how mine is:
Screenshot one - settings tab (third tab of SimCommander 4):
I added GSC Steam version as new game & pointed it to the new folder.

Then screenshot 2 manage Sim Setup Buttons tab (first tab)
Added it as new game here as well (but I can't remember if I used AutoDiscover here, or found it manually).

View attachment 84263 View attachment 84264
Thanks Keith, got it sorted :)

I started out in karts racing a Bug Wasp with a Honda G42 motor and never thought I'd see the day when a major video game would have an accurate looking representation of 4 cycle kart racing. I'm going to pick this game up just for this. Well done Reiza!

must admit, until now..... no sim has come close to simulating how karts SHOULD feel, really well done again reiza...you have!!

Now open up that associates club so we can get so customer funding into this sim!! :)

It is times like this when I start daydreaming about driving with a proper servo wheel instead of my old T500 struggling on its last legs which loses FFB after half an hour of racing, so that I can feel the stiff steering that we are supposed to get in karts. Thanks for the update Reiza folks. :thumbsup:

What can I say? You guys rock. It's unfortunate that most races here at RD are outside my recreation time. Unfortunately my wife is really sick these days, but as soon as she gets better I am planning of getting involved in organizing some USA races and try to tell anyone who listens about your game. In fact, I'll probably be buying an extra copy in STEAM so I can keep all my modded installations.

You are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline