Game Stock Car 2012 Release Thread

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/07/game-stock-car-2012-released/

The long anticipated free update of Game Stock Car is out and users are sharing the content first via torrents. Developer Reiza Studios is currently updating their game website and once completed http links are expected to be released as well.

Please keep seeding the files with the rest of the community and help make the download process go smooth and fast for everybody. We will update this post with the press release, screenshots, videos and other news during the day when more information is unvealed.

Download the torrent here

New to torrents? Quick Nooby Guide here

Visit the GSC 2012 forums for support
Find the English F.A.Q. here
Find the Portuguese F.A.Q. here

Could someone, please, share your NVIDIA graphic settings? I have some stuttering problems, mainly in Curitiba, at the Curva da Vitoria. With VSync off the problems are gone, but then the trees and buildings start to poping up all around, in all tracks (this happend too with GSC).

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

My GC is a GTX 580
I also had stuttering with vsync in 1.7, but no problem without it. 301.42 driver set to use 3d app settings, with GTX 680.

I'm having the same problem, i'm trying to activate the game with my key (which came with the DVD version of the game) and i'm getting the "Serial number is invalid" error.
I downloaded the digital setup, since the link from the dvd setup was so slow that it would take days to finish the download.
Guilherme serial number from DVD DOESNT work on digital version, so you HAVE to download the DVD version of GSC2012

Could someone, please, share your NVIDIA graphic settings? I have some stuttering problems, mainly in Curitiba, at the Curva da Vitoria. With VSync off the problems are gone, but then the trees and buildings start to poping up all around, in all tracks (this happend too with GSC).

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

My GC is a GTX 580

I'm also having stuttering with my nvidia card (gtx 470). The fps drop from 85-120 to around 15 at times and it gets very choppy. It seems to happen more on specific turns as well.

So I did some more testing and on some tracks such as Brasilia I get zero stuttering, while others like Salvador are really bad. I tried putting vsync on and at Brasilia I'm locked at 60fps at all times with 31 AI but at Salvador it drops to 15 fps in most of the corners : ( Hopefully these issues will get sorted it because this is an amazing sim. Congrats on this massive update for an already excellent game!!

yea i went ahead an turned it off. I can always feel lag in games with it on. It has to be an issue with the update because I played GSC 2011 with the same settings at around 130fps. Even with the new textures and shaders the drop in performance should not be that big.

I'm running with the nVidia fix (d3d9.dll). So far, smooth like butter, 60 fps steady with VSync (my monitor uses 60Hz).
First thing I did (even before starting the GSC2012 for the first time) was copy this .dll into game's folder.
In fact, the dll is running with no issues at all (used to have some flickering on the original GSC when using this fix, but not anymore).

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/d3d9-dll-aumento-grande-de-fps.32687/

If you want to keep the map, rename the original d3d9.dll to d3d9_2.dll

I bought GSC last year from the website and didnt get a DVD. I downloaded from the mirrors and installed successfully. The only problem is that I dont have an application executable in my GSC 2012 folder, so I have nothing to click on to start the game up. I tried copying and pasting the one from the original GSC but no go. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT!!! I removed the d3d9.dll file out of directory. All works very well at 6060 x 1080 resolution!!!
Love it. Now back to racing! :)

Oh no... I got home, had it downloaded. Installed on Win 7 64bit pc sim rig. Rebooted, tried to run as admin. Double click on shortcut, screen goes black like it's fixing to start and I get: Game Stock Car has stopped working dialog box. I copied the details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GSC.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e860117
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e24a42c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0005f252
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Help? ;)

I downloaded mine from the links that Reiza provided from the game stock car site which is the xtremerpm.org ones. My question is that I'm hearing that those links are for the DVD only and im wondering if I'm going to be prompted to present a key code for the DVD version when mine is obviously a downloaded copy

Okay I cleaned my system of v1.7 and deleted the reiza folder in program data had sales reset my activations since I burned them up trying to fix the issues I have been having. Installed GSC 2012 and was able to go through the activation process but still will not load the .exe starts to run but won't load and I get an error message with no code or explination details

Edit: @ Joe Stalans thanks I did the same removed d3d9.dll and all is well now
My question is WTF Why?

You're welcome.
By the way guys, I'm experimenting with some races (V8) and it seems that the AI doesn't wear tires... From my third or fourth lap on, It gets increasingly difficult to stay with AI (100%), even if I try to save my tires racing in a conservative way.
AI keeps taking corners and lapping with same performance all the race... no way to keep with them (at least using the default setup).
Can someone confirm this? I remember this being an issue on first release of GSC.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 59 56.7%