F1 2012 G27 button/shifter assignment

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,

Just been playing the demo and found that changing brake bias can help laptime and shorten braking distance.

Now trying to work out how to set the buttons up so i can change brake bias quickly throughout the lap.

So far on the g27 wheel i've got
top left - Kers
top right - DRS
left middle - right d pad option
right middle - up d pad
bottom left - rear view
bottom right - down d pad

Anyone stumbled across a better solution?

Yeah, I'm using the 3 of the four black buttons at the top for fuel mixes, and the four red buttons for tire compounds. Don't really want to switch from that as I had it setup that way in 2011.

oh weird so what do you use for all your other buttons? You've already rebound the defaults for pause, replay, camera...but I don't think there'd be any problem putting the brake bias on your shifter, you just need xpadder to do it until the profiler gets updated.

oh weird so what do you use for all your other buttons? You've already rebound the defaults for pause, replay, camera...but I don't think there'd be any problem putting the brake bias on your shifter, you just need xpadder to do it until the profiler gets updated.

I have brake bias on my wheel. My wheel config is:

KERS | BB Front
DRS | BB Neutral
Status | BB Rear

I didn't think it would be easy to have KERS and DRS on the same side, but after no time at all I was used to it and its working fine. I just had to have brake bias all on one side of my wheel. I make Michael Schumacher look like he's lazy about adjusting his brake bias :)

It's not a bad idea having the KERS & DRS on the left. Often, especially during Practice and Quali, you deploy one then the other, like the hairpin @ AbuDhabi for example, so the 2 buttons next to each other is quite logical :)

What I just cannot put up with is KERS on any of the right hand buttons, because it is just not comfortable controlling KERS and the Right Paddle at the same time when accelerating.

Is the game really autosaving?

If you change your wheel settings in game, when you come out of the controller menu, you SHOULD SEE a 'autosaving' warning, with a red rotating 'busy' symbol on your screen.

So if your profile is set to autosave, but you do NOT see that warning, then autosave is borked. A potential re-occurrence of the F1 2011 auto save bug.

You could also try an old F1 2011 trick, though I doubt it will work, because it didn't work when I had your problem in the demo.

You can try starting you game with your KEYBOARD only, do not press the START button on your wheel, just use the keyboard ENTER key. Then re-selecting your wheel as the controller. If the the game is still showing your wheel as the controller when you boot with the keyboard. Then change the controller in the menu to KEYBOARD, come back out of the menu (you should see the autosave warning). Then go back into the menu again and select the wheel again, and set it up.

If the wheel settings still don't save ..... then its a bug, which in my case with the demo, I had to start again from fresh.

Good luck

EDIT: Tom, if you are reading this, this and the last post may be better off split from this topic, as they are nothing to do with G27 button assignments, it looks like a potential 'bug' thread starting to brew .... :cautious:

Cheers ..... it was a joint effort really, with John Robertson.

Initially I looked at XPadder, had a problem with getting the wheel recognised, said "Nah, find something else". Then John has some success with XPadder, which drew me back onto the same route :)

It is cool to get another 6 buttons out of it all though.

Im using the xpadder also. Just configured today (was modding the FFB first :D).
Im not using cycle commands, instead im using the "status" button, as shift button, so i can have kers/drs, left view/right view, fuel mix 1,2,3 and brake bias front neutral rear all in the six red buttons, only got the rear view to the clutch.

I currently have the weirdass mental problem now that PTT is introduced :

My G27 setup as of now is :

KERS DRS
UP RIGHT
DOWN LEFT

Shifter is currently at front-neutral-rear
Car status is my clutch pedal, since I only look at it during straights anyway.
How can I incorporate PTT on a wheel button without hampering fuel and tyre selection?
Or should I reach out and use one of my red buttons?

Or, is there a way to use voice activation / always on like before?

It's funny I only discovered in the past week, that the G27 has a reverse gear (press down on the stick, and then back to the right), which I'd never noticed before. I only noticed it when I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.

So there is another button (shifter position) that can be remapped with XPadder, 7 'buttons' rather than 6 :)

It's funny I only discovered in the past week, that the G27 has a reverse gear (press down on the stick, and then back to the right), which I'd never noticed before. I only noticed it when I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.

So there is another button (shifter position) that can be remapped with XPadder, 7 'buttons' rather than 6 :)
I guess you was racing only with open-wheelers huh! :p

This thread is kind of old now, but I figure this to be the best place to post this, since it's about xpadder/not technically an F1-2012 mod.

Anyways, I made a F1-2012 theme for xpadder today, and thought I'd share.

What it looks like:
xpadder-f1-2012_SS.jpg

Download:
(There are 2 versions, one with logitech logo/g27 wheel and one without either.)
xpadder-f1-2012-theme.bmp
xpadder-f1-2012-theme_without_g27.bmp

How to install: Click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner(icon that looks like a wrench), next to the question mark. Then click "Theme" from the list on the left side. Next, click on the Open icon and find the bmp image from wherever you downloaded it to. And lastly, if you want to see it like mine above. Make sure to set "Controller Transparency" to 100%.

Thanks, hope others enjoy. :>

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back