F1 2012 G27 button/shifter assignment

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,

Just been playing the demo and found that changing brake bias can help laptime and shorten braking distance.

Now trying to work out how to set the buttons up so i can change brake bias quickly throughout the lap.

So far on the g27 wheel i've got
top left - Kers
top right - DRS
left middle - right d pad option
right middle - up d pad
bottom left - rear view
bottom right - down d pad

Anyone stumbled across a better solution?

Yeah they work just fine.

Up to now I have been running the demo with the brake bias on the wheel buttons, using the logitech profiler. But in the full game we will have brake, tyres, and fuel to handle, with a limited amount of buttons available.

I had one button for forward bias, and one other button cycling between neutral and rear bias

Then what am I doing wrong?

In game, I have the arrow keys on the keyboard mapped to the functions that open the Fuel/Tire/Brake Bias menu.

In the Profiler, I recorded macros for each of those under Commands, record pauses, repeat rate off. I then assigned those to buttons.

Not working....

I compare to my 2011 macros and the setup is identical....

That's what I was using up until today and trying XPadder.

I even used the same keys, the keyboard arrow keys. In game the 4 DPAD directions are re-mapped to the 4 arrow keys. Then in the profiler the arrow keys are used to build a command string or a cycling command. With small delays between each command.

So for example Button 22 would send Up, Up, Up, with a small delay between each up.

It works for me .... I don't know why it's not for you.

Just check my old proifile and I didn't use fixed pauses, I just pressed the keys like I would I had used the DPAD, so they vary.

What I have got is a sequence like this, not quite the same as above. DownPress, pause, DownRelease, pause. So there are 2 pauses for each key in the command string.

So to go to Fwd Bias, which works as say DPAD Down, DPAD Down, DPAD Down in the profiler using the arrow keys, it would be - DownPress, pause, DownRelease, pause, DownPress, pause, DownRelease, pause, DownPress, pause, DownRelease

The game seems to handle very small delays ok when using XPadder, so realistically the profiler should too.

glad I could help gnu

I think I'll put tires on the gear shift as well. I might also do std + lean mix there.

One question though, are cycling commands possible in xpadder? I didn't mess around with that last night...I specifically did not look into in fact.

Cycling commands being one button press performs macro A and a 2nd press of that same button performs macro B

I don't know mate, it doesn't look like it. However it could be buried in the advanced settings somewhere. I haven't really looked

We might end up stuck with cycling commands via the profiler only, and anything to do with the shifter done in XPadder.

My wheel itself might end up with the 6 red buttons as :-
  • Kers ->>>>>>>>>> DRS
  • Rich ->>>>>>>>>> Status
  • Cycle Std/Lean ->> Cycle Options/Primes
2nd Gear - Bias Balanced
3rd Gear - Bias Fwd
4th Gear - Bias Rear
5th Gear - Inters
6th Gear - Wets

1st Gear - Not known, if used at all.

Clutch = Brake (for left foot braking)
Brake = Look Back
Throttle = Throttle

I am going to look into XPadder cycling commands late tonight perhaps, but probably tomorrow

This gets better and better.

It DOES support cycling macros :)

I just tested it on my XBox 360 controller (PC version). For example DPAD right, right, up is Primes, and DPAD right, right, right is Options.

With our current WSAD mappings, that makes it :-

Primes = DDW
Options = DDD

In xpadder I added the 1st macro, inserted a (red) cycle stop, then added the 2nd macro. And it cycles perfectly, so should work with the wheel.

Here's a picture, of the 2 macros and the output ....

xpadder.jpg

Nice eh? :)

Do all your mechanical stuff, like FFB, centering, rotation etc. in the profiler, and everything else in xpadder

Thanks to Gnu UK and John Robertson, I got mine setup as well. Which, since I also was setting it up for a friend, I thought I'd share it for everyone else.

I put everything anybody needs to know in a read-me file, and I'm sure I missed something. But anyways, I wouldn't have thought about it if not for those 2 above. So I thank you 2 the most, it works beautifully, and now much easier to switch.

I didn't include the Xpadder.exe since I'm not sure what rules are here about that kind of stuff. So just go to Xpadder.com and download it there if you don't have it already.

Anyways, here is my setup, pretty much should be like what Gnu has. I'm sure some will want to change since it's all just personal preference.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4730702/racing_pub/Xpadder_LogitechG27-Setup_RD.7z

That's great new guys. Especially as it's a big bonus getting those 6 new buttons in use (the gearbox).

As much I like the wheel, I do miss all those buttons on my old DFGT, especially having the DPAD on the wheel. I am so busy changing gear with the right paddle most of the time, that I can't reach over to the gearbox console to use the DPAD very often.

I might change the wheel buttons slightly and take the Std/Lean fuel cycling macro off the current button, making it Std only, then move the Lean fuel to the currently unused 1st gear. :)

Kers ->>>>>>>>>> DRS
Rich ->>>>>>>>>> Status
Std ->>>>>>>>>>> Cycle Options/Primes

1st Gear - Fuel Lean
2nd Gear - Bias Balanced
3rd Gear - Bias Fwd
4th Gear - Bias Rear
5th Gear - Inters
6th Gear - Wets

Clutch = Brake (for left foot braking)
Brake = Look Back
Throttle = Throttle

How do we get the in-game functions like replay etc to work when we have all these custom mappings on our shifter buttons?

we're using the H shifter positions as "buttons" they're named buttons 9-15 but don't show up in the logitech profiler. So the 4 red buttons and the 4 cardinal buttons at the top of the shifter stay default. (for me at least). You do have to change the binds for the quick menu functions though, I don't think dpad macros work well. (I had a lot of problems in 2011 before switching to wasd quickmenu.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back