AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth/Swift/MX5@Hidden Valley, Wed 14th February 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
6VRk9kqTURBXy8xNDg4YWEyZDM2N2M2YTgyMDQ2ODg3MjIwNWFhYTUwZi5qcGVnkpUDzErMbM0EPc0CYpMFzQSwzQKk3gACoTAFoTEA

A46D0054.jpg

1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

ABARTH 124 SPIDER ADDED TO THE RWD CLASS.
Download it here: https://www.****************/car/abarth-124-spider
Use
assettoworld dot com where the asterisks are.

Then use CM (Content/cars/Abarth 124) to add the slick tyres of the Mazda MX5 Cup. It should look like this:
1707666765339.png

After a really great city track in Prague, it's time to return to a racetrack.

Hidden Valley Raceway near Darwin, Australia is known for its high speeds and fast lap times. It is 2.870m long and has 14 corners, with a main straight 1.1 km in length. In order to win, the race car has to flow well through the sweeping bends and also needs top end horse power for the main straight. So very suitable for another battle between our three cars!
1707423936804.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/0deb4919-a4fc-4782-8e10-223e2c609f62?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:

Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited:
I really struggled to get a lap, and there is not a lot to It, this circuit?
So switched over to the R3 , better , but still not exactly easy.
:-/
It could be a circuit with every. Corner that does not gel well with prehistoric gits .like me.:O_o:

Where did you find my photo.

Last edited:
I can assure you not by me, struggling here, that rotter Allan’s time is beyond me. The Abarth was okay here, got some reasonable times, but keeping it on the track was a big headache. Suzuki was better, but still a smaller problem.
Tried the Mazda, less said about that the better, it just reinforced my admiration for Allan time.
:):(

Guys I've added the Abarth 124 Spider in the RWD class. I want to try it in our races to see if it can be our 4th car.

Please read the 1st post to see what you have to do.

It works, the Spider seems to have more power than the mx5, and it ‘lacks’ some setup options compared to mx5. Long travel suspension, but it helps not getting killed by some kerbs here. Fun car actually.

It works, the Spider seems to have more power than the mx5, and it ‘lacks’ some setup options compared to mx5. Long travel suspension, but it helps not getting killed by some kerbs here. Fun car actually.
It has a turbo engine so it has better acceleration and slightly higher top speed than the MX5 but is significally slower in the corners.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.