AC Friendly Event: Formula Abarth @ Red Bull Ring National - Sunday July 9, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
FAbarth.png
Enter the world of downforce to develop your skills for the next level. Easier to drive than F1, but the same challenge of passing with open wheelers.

All premium members using their Real Name in the forum, servers and teamspeak
can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.
See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US #8
Cars: Tatuus Formula Abarth
Track: Red Bull Ring National (2336m) (24)- Red Pack DLC

Sunday, July 9th
Practice:
19:00 EDT (30 min)
Qualifying: 19:30 EDT (15 min)
Race: 19:45 EDT (20 laps)

Other timezones:
Practice: Sunday 9th 23:00 GMT | Monday 12th 09:00 AEDT
Qualifying: Sunday 9th 23:30 GMT | Monday 12th 09:30 AEDT
Race: Sunday 9th 23:45 GMT | Monday 12th 09:45 AEDT

Entry List
  1. Bobby Pennington
  2. Loxley
  3. co199
  4. singletonself
  5. DingoStarr
  6. Sean Rogers
  7. CptAsian
  8. MTBR2001
  9. PeyePete
  10. Rob Nelson
  11. 2bat1
  12. Rob Milliken
  13. Lars Hansen
  14. ionONE1
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP# 75 BP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bobby - this will be my first race, if it's OK for beginners. I've raced a little bit but not much online. I want to do some fun clean racing though, and learn as I go!
edit: Teamspeak installed
edit2: question - is the Tatuus FA01 the correct car (it's the only Tatuus that I have!) I assume FA stands for formula abarth...but I just want to be sure - thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Bobby - this will be my first race, if it's OK for beginners. I've raced a little bit but not much online. I want to do some fun clean racing though, and learn as I go!
edit2: question - is the Tatuus FA01 the correct car (it's the only Tatuus that I have!) I assume FA stands for formula abarth...but I just want to be sure - thanks.
You'll be just fine and we would love to have you. I'll try to start the server early and we can get on and I'll help you.
Your are correct it is the Tatuus FA01:)
Thanks for stepping out on the Wild Side with Open Wheelers:cool::cool:

If it makes you feel any better, my first race was last Monday's Audi TT race and Bobby and the guys made me feel very welcome. I was five seconds off the pace and Bobby helped me trim that time down quite a bit.

Thanks guys, that does make me feel a little better - I have to admit I'm a little nervous. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few beginners questions - will ABS be allowed? Tire wear x1? Fuel consumption etc?
I don't usually drive with tire wear on, or fuel being consumed.
Any recommended apps, I know there is an anti-collision app for Assetto Corsa: Helicorsa - is that recommended to help promote clean racing? (I don't currently have it installed but I will if it is recommended).

one more - what kind of time should I be aiming for practicing? I think I got low XX after about half hour. It felt pretty hectic with just my car on the track - I can only imagine with a load of cars!

thanks in advance - sorry for all the newbie questions - don't feel like you have to answer them all, I'm sure I'll figure it out as we go along ;-)

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! I'm in Sydney, Australia with a 330 odd ping.
Will this work?
We often have an American based player in our Automobilista Aussie clubs and he's okay, but i'm not sure about Assetto.

Thanks guys, that does make me feel a little better - I have to admit I'm a little nervous. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few beginners questions - will ABS be allowed? Tire wear x1? Fuel consumption etc?
I don't usually drive with tire wear on, or fuel being consumed.
Any recommended apps, I know there is an anti-collision app for Assetto Corsa: Helicorsa - is that recommended to help promote clean racing? (I don't currently have it installed but I will if it is recommended).

one more - what kind of time should I be aiming for practicing? I think I got low XX after about half hour. It felt pretty hectic with just my car on the track - I can only imagine with a load of cars!

thanks in advance - sorry for all the newbie questions - don't feel like you have to answer them all, I'm sure I'll figure it out as we go along ;-)

Rob
No need to be nervous at all. We're just moving pixels around on screen and the sun will rise tomorrow:D

With these little cars there is no ABS. I would recommend turning your brake power down to 90% in the setup options while you're in the pits and see how it feels. I put mine on 87% and I have Fanatec CSP v2 pedals.....they have a load cell. Tire wear and fuel is at default of 1 so you're in good shape there

Helicorsa is a must imo. Helps so much with people like me using 1 monitor. Put others safety first and you'll never go wrong;) You may also want to use Sidekick http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/ It is just a good app that has a lot of info in a condensed format.

Lap times aren't talked about in the race threads. I know because before I became staff I did this and was asked nicely to refrain from doing so:) They can discourage others from joining. You can always PM me and I'll let you know how you're doing. You don't need to worry about them anyway unless you're an :alien::alien::alien: We will work with you and you will develop your racecraft and setup knowledge over time. I have a practice server up. Just look for RaceDepartment.com US Tatuus Practice #14 and drive it like you stole it:roflmao::roflmao:

I recommend using the default setup except adjust your brake power like we talked about in the above paragraph^^^ and make sure to run about 30 liters of fuel. Use medium or hard tires as well. You're interested in Race Pace and consistency instead of just one lap wonders:D

Our Sunday night crowd is usually small. About 6 to 12 drivers so you don't have to worry about a huge field. We all have a passion for Open Wheelers so everyone is great about sharing info and helping:thumbsup:

RaceDepartment.com US Tatuus Practice #14 practice server is up and running for anyone interested. If you would like me to jump on with you send me a PM with a couple of times you think you'll be available and I'll see if I can join you and help out. I'm located in the US so keep that in mind when sending me your schedule:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello, I've been a member for a while but I've never posted. Just got premium because I'd like to do some organized multiplayer for the first time (just have a somewhat decent amount of solo experience). Is it too late to sign up for this event?

Is it too late to sign up for this event?
It's fine. :)
Just be aware that to race in the Club races you need to use your real name, in the forums, in the game and on TeamSpeak.
You can add it to your forum-profile by going to 'Account' -> 'personal Details' and scroll down a bit. There you'll find an entry-box for your real name.

Other than that, welcome to the asylum. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back