Every month, those subscribed to PlayStation Plus and/or Xbox Live Gold are presented selected titles to download for free. April 2020 presents console gamers with racing titles to keep us busy all month long. PlayStation 4 owners will get to slide around in DiRT Rally 2.0 while Xbox One gets Project CARS 2.

AprilFreeGames.png

DiRT Rally 2.0, originally released on PlayStation 4 back in February 2019, is now available free to all with an active PlayStation Plus subscription in the PlayStation Store.

You will need to rely on your instincts with the most immersive and truly focused off-road experience yet, including a new authentic handling model, tyre choice and surface degragation. Power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you.
Race on eight official circuits from the FIA World Rallycross championship, complete with licensed Supercars and support series.
Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment.

PS4_PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT4_169643.jpg

If you missed out on the Xbox One version of Project CARS 2, which first went live September 2017, now's your chance!

Project CARS 2 is the thrill of intense racing action in beautiful cars at stunning venues. Authentic and intuitive handling, truly dynamic weather, and a wealth of game modes delivers racing fun for everyone.
FEATURES:
• 180+ elite-brand race & road cars
• Largest-ever track roster
• Real-world-derived career progression
• Tested & tuned by pro drivers & gamers for true-to-life handling
• All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval, rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
• Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance & handling in real-time
• New loose-surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
• Full 24-hour cycle with real-time atmospheric conditions & seasonal ambience
• Accessible controller handling & wide-ranging wheel support
• Class-leading Esport capabilities incl. Online Championships

projectcars2_xboxone.jpg

UPDATE: Kurupt CDN has informed me that Xbox Game Pass subscribers can also obtain DiRT Rally 2.0 (and even DiRT 4) as part of the current library. That's going to be a busy month for any drivers out there Trophy hunting. Please don't forget to stretch and eat once in a while!

SOURCES:
PlayStation.com PS+ Games For April
New Games with Gold for April 2020

If you want to get up to speed in a hurry, check out our very own DiRT Rally 2.0 and Project CARS 2 subforums!

Hum, you get 200 reviews on an Early Access in one night and 7 for two free console games.

I'm reassured by the seriousness of the community. I'm less likely to get run over by a pad :p

How about that humble bundle last month that had MotoGP, WRC, PCars 1 and 2 plus DLC, Heat 4, Assetto Corsa plus DLC, all for $13...

I've rarely paid full price for a PC game. When I got my kids an xbox one I was sticker shocked at the prices. There are some sales, but NOTHING like steam sales and humble bundle store sales. :D

Hum what ? ;) do you have a link about the Humble Bundle of last month ? i missed that news and I'm wondering how.

How about that humble bundle last month that had MotoGP, WRC, PCars 1 and 2 plus DLC, Heat 4, Assetto Corsa plus DLC, all for $13...

I've rarely paid full price for a PC game. When I got my kids an xbox one I was sticker shocked at the prices. There are some sales, but NOTHING like steam sales and humble bundle store sales. :D
Where and for what platform was that?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%