FM8 Forza Motorsport 2023

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
No mention of triple screen, or angle adjustment for triple screen, and the FOV options don't sound impressive. I'm going to re-install Horizon 5 and see how the FOV is on my setup. Back when I initially tried Horizon 5, I didn't like the FOV on my single screen. I couldn't get close to the view I had on AC. Maybe it will be better on triples? But if it's still a single image stretched across all 3 screens, then it won't be good enough for me.

(Edit notes Fri Aug 25th 2023. I fixed spelling, completed a sentence and, addressed the blue double underlines.)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Wow and this is on XBox, hope PC will look at least just as smashing.
DD wheels support via DirectInput API, telemetry to drive tactile, man, this is going to be one good racing title to spend time in. Hopefully no cringe woke content to please alphabet folks.

No mention of triple screen, or angle adjustment for triple screen, and the FOV options don't sound impressive. I'm going to re-install Horizon 5 and see how the FOV is on my setup. Back when I initially tried Horizon 5, I didn't like the FOV on my single screen. I couldn't get close to the view I had on AC. Maybe it will be better on triples? But if it's still a single image stretched across all 3 screens, then it won't be good enough for me.

(Edit notes Fri Aug 25th 2023. I fixed spelling, completed a sentence and, addressed the blue double underlines.)
Reinstalled Horizon 5 and tried the FOV adjustments and I still don't like it. I can't get the FOV low enough for my setup. It still had distortion from the single vanishing point stretched across my screens. The game is fun though.

And, yes I know I quoted myself.

Last edited:

Looks like this one is about to get a lot of seat time in Raceroom, so I won't completely embarass myself once Forza Motorsport releases.

Also, this is new to the franchise.

Last edited:
So who else has gone out to buy PC or other hardware upgrades just to help enjoy this title more?
Not intentional, but the prices were right for an NVME SSD upgrade. I almost got a 4TB, but I chose a 2TB for now...

(I plan on getting that 4TB and cloning my 500 GB C drive, and then expanding the archive. Evil laughter...)

Other than that, my rig should be decent. I have a Ryzen 3600, 16GB of DDR4, and a 3080 running triple 1080p screens. Not bleeding edge, but it's good enough to run the upcoming FM game.

Last edited:
Thats a fair bit better than what I currently have...

Luckily, I was holding out to around the release of this title to wait and see what would make a really sweet but high-end gaming rig.

It's been about 5-6 years since I upgraded, so will deffo be getting major improvements with the general day-day usage of the new system as well as with gaming on my G9 49" monitor.

Just waiting on the new Lian Li Sup 01 case to be released.
Although it may not be out till later in OCT.

System Specs:

Asus ROG Crosshair / X670E Hero DDR5 Motherboard
AMD 7800X 3D CPU
Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX
Be Quiet 1000W PSU
Corsair 32GB 6000 Cas 30 Expo RAM
Corsair ICUE H150i RGB Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm
Corsair CPU LCD Upgrade
Corsair QX120 RGB Triple Fans
2x Samsung 990 PRO / 2TB SSD

Granted that the 7900XTX wont match a 4090 in some titles but if I have to reduce some settings or change resolution, it will make up for the 10-20+ framerate difference often seen in various titles. By holding off a few months, I was able to get this (as one of the best 7900XTX) models for £999.

7800X3D currently in most titles seems to be a gaming champ CPU.

Might be interesting to see with this new Forza, how the current best AMD system will perform to an Intel 13700K / 4090.

Last edited:
The next Forza Monthly is going to be on the 11th.

No idea of what will be discussed. If I had to guess, they'll probably get into tuning, building and painting cars. Hopefully they updated the paint shop too. It's been desperately needed.

We'll find out more on Monday.

Thats a fair bit better than what I currently have...

Luckily, I was holding out to around the release of this title to wait and see what would make a really sweet but high-end gaming rig.

It's been about 5-6 years since I upgraded, so will deffo be getting major improvements with the general day-day usage of the new system as well as with gaming on my G9 49" monitor.

Just waiting on the new Lian Li Sup 01 case to be released.
Although it may not be out till later in OCT.

System Specs:

Asus ROG Crosshair / X670E Hero DDR5 Motherboard
AMD 7800X 3D CPU
Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX
Be Quiet 1000W PSU
Corsair 32GB 6000 Cas 30 Expo RAM
Corsair ICUE H150i RGB Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm
Corsair CPU LCD Upgrade
Corsair QX120 RGB Triple Fans
2x Samsung 990 PRO / 2TB SSD

Granted that the 7900XTX wont match a 4090 in some titles but if I have to reduce some settings or change resolution, it will make up for the 10-20+ framerate difference often seen in various titles. By holding off a few months, I was able to get this (as one of the best 7900XTX) models for £999.

7800X3D currently in most titles seems to be a gaming champ CPU.

Might be interesting to see with this new Forza, how the current best AMD system will perform to an Intel 13700K / 4090.
I'm still on an AM4 board, and I cannot swing doing a complete rebuild, but I am heavily interested in updating my BIOS and getting the Ryzen 7 5800X3D. Getting the R7 would also make a case for getting an AIO, and ditching the Wraith that came with the R5 3600. So I would need to buy more than just the CPU, besides the fact that it doesn't come with a cooler from AMD.

Updating my BIOS will also be a test run for me. If I am successful, then I can update the BIOS in my daughters PC. She has a B550 Mobo and a Ryzen 5600. I bought her Gigabyte Mobo thinking that the B550 already had the latest Bios on it. It didn't, but it happens to run the 5600 good enough for an 11 year old's needs. But I really need to get off my butt and fix this situation before something terrible happens.

I need to get a round tuit, in other words. LOL

Last edited:
I'm still on an AM4 board, and I cannot swing doing a complete rebuild, but I am heavily interested in updating my BIOS and getting the Ryzen 7 5800X3D. Getting the R7 would also make a case for getting an AIO, and ditching the Wraith that came with the R5 3600. So I would need to buy more than just the CPU, besides the fact that it doesn't come with a cooler from AMD.

Updating my BIOS will also be a test run for me. If I am successful, then I can update the BIOS in my daughters PC. She has a B550 Mobo and a Ryzen 5600. I bought her Gigabyte Mobo thinking that the B550 already had the latest Bios on it. It didn't, but it happens to run the 5600 good enough for an 11 year old's needs. But I really need to get off my butt and fix this situation before something terrible happens.

I need to get a round tuit, in other words. LOL
Seems like a good plan as AM4 has had compatibility/support for so long, so yeah nice to be able to perhaps drop in an upgrade with CPU and get some of the good deals on AIO units too.

I've read that AM5 is being supported to at least 2025 minimum. Kinda why I went with, what I believe is one of the best performance/equipped motherboards on this more recent platform. So that it too will give support with future/improved performance hardware like PCIe Gen 5.0 SSD/GPU and CPU updates.

Made a change to my spec for my gaming drive, as I changed one of the 990 PRO Gen 4 SSD to the following:

Corsair MP700 2TB PCIe Gen5 x4 NVMe 2.0 M.2 SSD

Was researching how Microsoft "Direct Storage API " is starting to be incorporated into more titles and how from its early release since ver 1.2 is making use of these drives faster performance. As always sometimes new tech takes a while to become supported by the developers and OS to operate at its peak potential with the faster drives that will keep coming.

Interestingly:
Forza Motorsport was announced as supporting "Direct Storage" bringing what PS5 / Xbox have offered, but now possible on PC (potentially) also with much faster drives being supported on AM5 or the newest intel boards.

Will be interesting to see if they have it performing well?

Last edited:
Is direct storage limited to AM5 chips? I might find an answer right after asking, but since it pertains to FM8 then it would be nice to see how to implement it.

BAH... It's not on Windows 10. :mad::thumbsdown:

Other than that, my Ryzen 5 3600 can do it. The RTX 3080 is DX12 so it's good but Windows 10 isn't up to the task. Thank you Microsoft... You bums! :roflmao:

On the 11th, YouTuber's who got early access to the new Forza Motorsport will be able to show videos and whatnot. YouTuber SuperGT (not the same SuperGT that frequents here) already said he'll be showing controller and wheel game play. Aside from the Forza Monthly, I am most looking forward to seeing his videos. There might be more Forza footage than we can shake a stick at. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Is direct storage limited to AM5 chips? I might find an answer right after asking, but since it pertains to FM8 then it would be nice to see how to implement it.

BAH... It's not on Windows 10. :mad::thumbsdown:

Other than that, my Ryzen 5 3600 can do it. The RTX 3080 is DX12 so it's good but Windows 10 isn't up to the task. Thank you Microsoft... You bums! :roflmao:

On the 11th, YouTuber's who got early access to the new Forza Motorsport will be able to show videos and whatnot. YouTuber SuperGT (not the same SuperGT that frequents here) already said he'll be showing controller and wheel game play. Aside from the Forza Monthly, I am most looking forward to seeing his videos. There might be more Forza footage than we can shake a stick at. I can't wait.
I think its meant to be more optimised with WIN 11?

It's still quite early days with this "Direct Storage" on PC and only now starting to show the benefits GEN 5 offers with the updated v1.2 API. Nothing I can find has confirmed if FM at launch will offer this latest revision and if it applies GPU file compression/decompression tasks. If it uses only v1.1 then that will kinda suck as an opportunity to showcase the technology with a flagship title. Although does not mean it won't/cant be updated later.

DIABLO IV which was released earlier is also to use it.

Different chipsets or versions will have limitations too. Some motherboards will enable the connectivity of only a single GEN 5 SSD to be used at full speed, with other drives using GEN 4 and maintaining the GPU at 16x.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%