FM8 Forza Motorsport 2023

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
That's kind of the same experience I had. I was going to sit FM7 out, but a friend convinced me to get the game. I managed to get it on sale. It was OK, but once I got it up and running on PC and seeing that Turn 10 didn't put any effort in to FFB or giving FOV adjustability, I kind of checked out on Forza. The sound, inaccurate car models and lack of updates to painting and body parts, were just more fuel to play the game very sparingly.

I wrote "kind of" because I do play FM7 from time to time. Mostly because of Rivals and trying to get though the career list. But that is all in extremely small doses. Too much FM7 makes me mad-sad... If that makes any sense.
I still stand by the fact that forza motorsport 4 was the pinnacle of the forza motorsport series. Had some amazing cars and tracks and most importantly was made at a time when no one was obsessed with a game being 100% realistic or being bothered if they could use a wheel or not

Thanks. I always buy the biggest Edition because i love the series and like to support the Developers as much as i can. :)

Btw:

Forza Motorsport June 2023 Update​

You forgot this. You slippin' Andy... :p

I still stand by the fact that forza motorsport 4 was the pinnacle of the forza motorsport series. Had some amazing cars and tracks and most importantly was made at a time when no one was obsessed with a game being 100% realistic or being bothered if they could use a wheel or not
Different goals from the leadership, I guess. As well regarded as FM4 was, FM5 came across as a tech demo. FM since FM5 Turn10 didn't seem to try and out do FM4.

As for Forza 4, that game pushed me towards hardcore racing simulations. To be honest, I am happy treating FM as a game, rather than expecting it to be a sim. Although I firmly believe an accurate racing simulation with car collecting, customizations and a game like career, would be incredibly fun and a huge draw but, people tend to balk when I suggest their beloved racing franchise goes in that direction. So, I just accept FM mostly for what it is. And if it doesn't meet enough of my expectations, I won't buy it.

I will say this about FM8. It looks terrific. But except for FM1 and FM2, Forza wasn't ever a slouch in the looks department. Hopefully the wheel works right on PC, and there's proper triple screen support? Believe it or not, if FM7 had proper triple screen support, I would probably be wondering why people are chewed up about the game. LOL Something about not gaining any immersion with 3 screens brings the curmudgeon out of me.

Last edited:
I keep seeing people demand VR. For me VR will be a surprise, but I am not banking on it until it is confirmed to be in the game. It is not impossible for Forza Motorsport to get VR support. Even though Xbox seems to be non-committed to supporting the tech, Flight Simulator can be run in VR on a number of HMDs. A hard core simulator like Flight Simulator does show that the tech is great for immersion, so hopefully this will happen for Forza Motorsport. I am not saying to expect VR support. Just assume it's not going to happen, unless it is confirmed to be in the game.

My biggest issue is multi-screen support. Xbox games have proven they can properly support multi-screen. A craptastic game like Red Fall has good multi-screen support, with FOV adjustment so there is no excuse for Forza Motorsport not to properly it. I know Turn 10 and Arcane are two entirely different studios, and FM and RF are different games, but being that Red Fall was begrudgingly made, leaves no excuse for a passion project like Forza Motorsport. Hopefully proper triple screen support is in the game, and if so then I look forward to needing use my left and right monitors for more than knowing if a car is beside me.

Forza Motorsport – Official Career Mode Gameplay Demo

Screenshot_357.jpg

Car List:

Track List:

Last edited:
The game looks terrific, but in the looks department, I would want the in-race stuff to look as convincing as the cutscenes when the Nissan Z left and entered the pits. The difference between the exit cutscene and the chase cam was jarring. But it did still look great. It's almost like during the cutscene it almost looked real, and then during the game-play it looks like Forza, if that makes sense.

I kind of do and don't like the career change. I do like the return of car leveling. That was a good hook during FM1 and 2 where you got discounts from driving your car. The part that has me scratching my head is if I were to get another car to do a different build. Now I got to grind it to level 50, in order to make that separate build. Maybe I'd be able to save a different build of that car, but it's not like having that second build already to go, especially if it's painted differently. I wonder will the paints be able to be assigned to that other build? That would basically be like having 2 different cars, depending on how the game handles changing from one spec to another?

That aside, the overall layout and presentation of the career seems decent enough, although the option to add in a qualifying option instead of Challenge the Grid would be nice. I like that practice is part of the events and that it counts towards leveling up, which makes the mode something to take seriously.

I also noticed a private multiplayer option... It's back? Sweet!

This isn't what I was looking for, but it is welcome information. Hopefully PC specs and Features are talked about sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
This should be said about every game, no matter what the game is. It could be the newest AAA Exclusive, or the highly anticipated sequel to Slappy Ass. No game is worth that amount of money. When the publishers raised their prices to $70, they knew they could get away with it because the vast majority of game enthusiasts are morons, who would happily shovel money to their favorite corporations just for the privilege of getting an unfinished, and half-baked game built with the assets of its prequel. Forza Motorsport is no exception, and you are completely right. The problem though, is the incredible amounts of absolute idiots out there who probably can't wait to pre-purchase the game. Afterall, catering to this demographic of mindless drones with gaping wallets is what gave us Forza motorsport 5, 6 and, 7.
This is such a dumb argument. We were paying more in the past, and games are getting cheaper to buy each year, even though the costs and time to make them are massively increasing.

Atari 2600 games originally retailed for $29.99 on average. In 1980.
Today, that $30 would be worth $110.73 in buying power.

So, let me think... Would I rather buy Pac Man for Atari for $110 or Forza Motorsport for PC for $70?

I saw this title previewed on Steam, does anyone know.....if I purchase the Steam version, will I be able to play mp with Xbox friends?
My son has and Xbox S and the ultimate pass, would I need a game pass too?

The steam version of Halo Infinite can be played vs console, and if you link your XBL account you can make campaign progress on console through Game pass if you wanted. I am sure Forza Motorsport (8) will be the same way. I plan on getting it via Steam.

• Deleted member 197115

Have all my Forzas (Motosport 7, FH3, FH4, and FH5) from MS Store. Atrocious experience downloading and getting updates, will get this one from Steam for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't run FM7 on triples. It works... As in it runs. But the visuals don't work. If I can get images to compare with AC, I'll update this post.

It took some fenagling but I managed to grab some screenshots. A couple of notes, FM7 is running in HDR, and I didn't want to re-open it just to get some Non-HDR pics, so I apologize for the brightness in those shots. And the reason I am posting these is to illustrate how bad FM7's FOV is. A lot of people never seen how atrocious it is. There's no adjusting it at all and there's no angled monitor correction. So you end up with the following...

FM7 Driver's cam...
53009386219_5b823f628a_h.jpg

AC Driver's cam...
53009695618_2ae5902609_h.jpg

FM7 Dash Cam...
53009701368_6b6c396422_h.jpg

AC Dash Cam...
53009598140_8041056837_h.jpg

I sit outside of the 180º sweet spot for my 27" monitors, and I am running 1080p for each screen. In AC the A-Pillar on the other side of the car is about where it would be in the real world. That gives a tremendous sense of scale to everything. In Forza, the car and useable view is squished on the center screen, but the side screens are nothing more than the image of the center screen stretched to fill the monitors. I get nothing from the side screens other than something is there.

This is not to crap on Forza 7. I still find it to be a fun game, and I play it every now and then. It just has a way of forcing me to turn it off, and FOV is one of the worst offenders.

Edit: Bigger pics

Last edited:
July's Forza Monthly is happening tomorrow. The game's creative director Chris Esaki will be going over Ai Driving and tire physics. Leaning forward in my chair for this one.

Start time is on the Youtube page.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea