I'm digging FH4 immensely, but I've almost reached the end of the rainbow. I do the weekly challenges to get cars adn wheelspins, but I very much dislike the multiplayer stuff.

So with FH3 going off the market on 9/27 and it being on sale now, should I pick it up for PC? The cars and challenges will likely be the same. The terrain is new, and that's an asset. I would likely get the DLC pack too.

Let me know if you've played both and would recommend going backwards.

In my opinion, absolutely! It's reaching end of life so If you don't buy it now, you won't buy it ever unless you find some store selling keys. For Xbox it's easier as there is always physical copy, not for PC though. Try to get all the DLC as well of course. The game is just as good as FH4 IMO. Horizon games are different enough to justify going back\getting the older titles as well. Big reason for this are (as you know) completely different maps. Horizon 3's Australia is completely different than Horizon 4's UK. Also with all the DLCs you get a great car list, with some cars not available in Horizon 4. Also, engine sounds are actually better in older game for quite a few cars. Get it! I don't think you'll regret it.

Last edited:
I have played both, and they are both great in their own way. FH3 doesn't have seasons, and the VIP gives you some cars, and double wheelspin credits. It's harder to make money in FH3, compared to FH4, but if you want speed, the highway is so AMAZING!!!!!! Yeah, get it, and you won't it regret it, but I would reccomend getting all DLC, it really is amazing.

The series seems like the bargain of all bargains. I've played so much 4 and have so much to go. But yes, new maps would be appreciated. And the thrill of winning cars.

How's PC performance? I've seen some reviews that lament some frame stuttering. FH4 runs absolutely perfect on my PC, whereas FM7 has random stutters which suck. I'd be disappointed to take that step back.

BTW, I was one that got the accidental 200 super wheelspins a couple months back in FH4. Didn't really need them though since I collect so much stuff just driving around.

I also had problems with stutters in FM7, FH4 works perfectly to me as well. FH3 works very well for me, though the CPU usage is quite high the game holds 60fps maxed out. I got I5 9400F and GeForce 1660Ti.

Well...I bought it. Performance is outstanding (I must have done something right building this computer in 2016).

But, the controller setup is far inferior to FH4. I use the TX base with the Ferrari F1 wheel and FH4 is the only game I play that uses the "normal", less buttons setup. Its okay because I configured it as a custom controller and got all the buttons the way I like them. In FH3, they don't support H-box shifters (TH8A useless) nor can I map even all the buttons that I do in FH4 (like pause and stuff).

Worse, the rotation is all kinds of messed up. I get about 20 degrees each side of center (I use 400 degs usually) so its impossible to handle, and I can't find a way to change it so its better. I can reduce linearity but it makes the handling soft and sluggish.

Finally, there is no good dash cam. The in car is nice, but the partial wheel rotation graphic is so off-putting. The hood cam is ok, but too low. And there's just too much shake. I'm actually getting nauseous very easily and I play FH4 almost every day. Very weird.

I could never get used to playing Horizon games with a wheel, something always seemed off to me unfortunately, you can't even look right and left using the wheel buttons... you need to use the mouse or a gamepad for this. I've only tried FH4 and just gave up and came back to playing with a pad...

I got it and I like it just for the fact I can spin around in an M3 in the desert. The map is decent. I don't think the DLC works any more though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back