FM7 Forza 7 on pc - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)

Last edited:
900 DOR, FF 100, SHO 100, ABS Off, LIN Off, DEA Off, DRI 1, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100, BRF Off.

Hat's off, I started on my usual full sim settings, but could not correct the car if bumped or when oversteering, both of which were regular occurrences. Try the short course truck on Alps.

I could only get the car to behave on normal wheel with ABS on, traction control on, stability control on, friction assist off.

After more wheel tweaking I am now back on simulation and most of the cars are controllable and I can push them, like open wheel vintage F1, so on the right track here. I'll try to switch off the aids one by one in the Brabham, see how it feels now with my wheel dialed in.

...I did a couple of laps on Mugello with the Brabham, but could not push the car at all, spinning out on any mistake, no way to correct, might be the steering, break or throttle (or just me). I normally can correct, not in Forza.

Do not understand your in game settings though

DOR - steering wheel profile
FF - steering wheel profile
SHO - ??
LIN OFF - which is 50?
DEA - ??
DRI - ??
FOR - FFB scale?
SPR - spring, game or profiler?
DPR - damper, game or profiler?
BRF - ??

Setting up steering afaik is a mix of game and profile, unfortunately I cannot read your settings apart from a couple if variables. Maybe the short hand is common here, but still it leaves out so many details.

I'm interested in taming the beast, which right now I cannot without ABS, traction and stability control on.

I find this beast harder to tame then the sims I play, so please don't just say git gud.

What wheel settings do you use?

Yes it is. I have vibration set to 80 and overall
force set to 75, all other FFB settings at defualt.

Sorry Blkout, guess I missed this post.
So I was looking at your wheel profile :)

Guess I cannot read in more ways than one and I cannot translate your experience to my DFGT.
Other than all FFB to default and vibration 80 and force to 75.

Interesting, because I have gone very much the opposite

Wheel on 115 ffb, center spring on 0, 540dgr (normally 900, but the FM7 turns that to mush)

Steering sensitivity - 50 (1:1?)
Steering linearity - 50 (0)
Force feedback understeer - 30
Force feedback minimum force - 110
Wheel damper scale - 20
Center spring scale - 15

Cannot get it to feel great, but with Traction and Stability control on the feel is familiar.

Last edited:
I have both games on PC and I have no idea how you reach this conclusion. It's a beautiful game but PCars 2 looks far far more realistic looking in my opinion. Forza tracks and cars look very plasticy and artificial to me. The trees in Forza look 2d at times.

Pcars 2 is a graphics mess compared to forza 7:

- Pcars 2 has a very inefficient anti-aliasing compared to forza 7
- Pcars 2 has very bad and old shadow rendering system. The shadows are aggressive and very unpleasant to look at (especially those casted from trees)
- Pcars 2 has dozens of tracks that are very far from realistic. they have bad road textures compared to forza or are too flat.
- Sometimes Pcars 2 also looks stunning but in many situations and with many tracks it doesn't. (sometimes it makes me think that many incompetent people were creating tracks in this game)
- Pcars 2 has rediculously low resolution car templates/textures
- Pcars 2 has stuttering issues when cornering even showing rock solid 60 fps. It's due to game engine issues.

when Pcars 1 was released in alpha, it had an amazing graphics, but now it's quite far from what forza 7 has shown. Overall Pcars 2 engine isn't bad, but it has too many technical issues and bad shadows

Last edited:
FM7 sure can be a looker, it's all about the lighting, the shadows, and those skies. Can create a great atmosphere. I wish however "in races" we had the option for car models that looked as detailed as they do in Forza Vista mode. Not sure if different cars have better/worse poly counts/detail or if it adapts this based on "dynamic" elements/resources happening in each race or with the number of cars?

FM7 sure can be a looker, it's all about the lighting, the shadows, and those skies. Can create a great atmosphere. I wish however "in races" we had the option for car models that looked as detailed as they do in Forza Vista mode. Not sure if different cars have better/worse poly counts/detail or if it adapts this based on "dynamic" elements/resources happening in each race or with the number of cars?
in Forza Vista mode you get higher polycount, that's true! but as far as i know that's the only dynamic option in the game that you ''cannot change''. it adapts to the situation if you have too many cars on the grid. However many cars do look much better than others, you definitely can notice the difference!
they seem to have improved new cars and left untouched the old ones.

Hat's off, I started on my usual full sim settings, but could not correct the car if bumped or when oversteering, both of which were regular occurrences. Try the short course truck on Alps.

I could only get the car to behave on normal wheel with ABS on, traction control on, stability control on, friction assist off.

After more wheel tweaking I am now back on simulation and most of the cars are controllable and I can push them, like open wheel vintage F1, so on the right track here. I'll try to switch off the aids one by one in the Brabham, see how it feels now with my wheel dialed in.

...I did a couple of laps on Mugello with the Brabham, but could not push the car at all, spinning out on any mistake, no way to correct, might be the steering, break or throttle (or just me). I normally can correct, not in Forza.

SHO - ??
LIN OFF - which is 50?
DEA - ??
DRI - ??
FOR - FFB scale?
BRF - ??

Setting up steering afaik is a mix of game and profile, unfortunately I cannot read your settings apart from a couple if variables. Maybe the short hand is common here, but still it leaves out so many details.

I'm interested in taming the beast, which right now I cannot without ABS, traction and stability control on.

I find this beast harder to tame then the sims I play, so please don't just say git gud.
Do yourself a favor, switch to normal steering. You could then turn off aids. Simulation steering should be renamed to "Not-Normal" or "Ridge Racer" steering ;)

Pcars 2 is a graphics mess compared to forza 7:

- Pcars 2 has a very inefficient anti-aliasing compared to forza 7
- Pcars 2 has very bad and old shadow rendering system. The shadows are aggressive and very unpleasant to look at (especially those casted from trees)
- Pcars 2 has dozens of tracks that are very far from realistic. they have bad road textures compared to forza or are too flat.
- Sometimes Pcars 2 also looks stunning but in many situations and with many tracks it doesn't. (sometimes it makes me think that many incompetent people were creating tracks in this game)
- Pcars 2 has rediculously low resolution car templates/textures
- Pcars 2 has stuttering issues when cornering even showing rock solid 60 fps. It's due to game engine issues.

when Pcars 1 was released in alpha, it had an amazing graphics, but now it's quite far from what forza 7 has shown. Overall Pcars 2 engine isn't bad, but it has too many technical issues and bad shadows

Well on PC Forza looks very dated to me, maybe it's bugged at the moment or something but it just looks plain ugly compared to PC2. Maybe consoles are different. Lots of people seem to be going ape on the Forza forums about how bad it looks.

Do yourself a favor, switch to normal steering. You could then turn off aids. Simulation steering should be renamed to "Not-Normal" or "Ridge Racer" steering ;)

Well I have tried both, but simulation feels a little more direct.
I'm interested how other view this setting.

Normal no aids (good control, but steering feels a bit dampened)
Simulation with aids, no abs (my current setting, direct steering but car less likely to spin out)
Simulation with aids (same, but easier to break aggressively)
Simulation no aids (imo very difficult to keep control, easy to spin out, cannot really push)

Well on PC Forza looks very dated to me, maybe it's bugged at the moment or something but it just looks plain ugly compared to PC2. Maybe consoles are different. Lots of people seem to be going ape on the Forza forums about how bad it looks.

First time I read someone who does not like the FM7 visuals, I like the visuals although tracks are a little too clean. PC2 has some AA issues, right now I am happy, it is looking good and I got rid of mist of the AA flickering while maintaining good performance. I'll bet that PC2 will be more optimized during the coming months and look great. I'd like to see a different palette, because the current colors are a bit cartoony imo. There is a mod, but that more than just changing colors.

• Deleted member 197115

From what I've read simulation steering is broken at the moment, better not use it until patch.
Visuals, well, own PC2, AC and FH3. FM7 easily runs circles around all of them in graphics department.
I just don't understand how someone can see it any different unless it's settings or HW issue.
Do a race in Prague or Rio. It's living, breathing postcard like photo realism.

This Forza is the poorest in the serie and full of bugs:

The driver most cars too little.
Headlights don't work wel most only the backlights
Rims don't good
Matte Paint no mettalic
Wrong driver shift animation
Hand thru the steeringwheel
Vip changed after people preordered
Most content is copy past from older forza's or DLC
Gamecrashing
Schermopname (53).jpg

The forums are overloaded with critic and only what they doing is block you from the forum till 2045.
Good going with your fanbase turn 10!
If you jelling about best game ever than you must deal with the critic!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Have you experienced all of the above mentioned issues?
So far my the only problem is lack of FFB on OSW wheel. It's actually pretty big one but I hope support will come as promised.

SHO - ??
LIN OFF - which is 50?
DEA - ??
DRI - ??
FOR - FFB scale?
BRF - ??
Those are my wheel settings on the Fanatec CSWv2. I didn't change any FEB settings in game except lowering the vibration to 75-80, and overall FFB strength to 75.

Have you experienced all of the above mentioned issues?
So far my the only problem is lack of FFB on OSW wheel. It's actually pretty big one but I hope support will come as promised.

Jes all of it take a mazda mx51990 shift wrong wiper handle
m30 to little drive
a45 little driver
many more
missing 1 rim on car in race only brake and tire

Jes all of it take a mazda mx51990 shift wrong wiper handle
m30 to little drive
a45 little driver
many more
missing 1 rim on car in race only brake and tire

Even if you are right, do you realize how many cars the game contains, even the vanilla version?
Too be honest those mistakes are far from game breaking and relative to the amount of content I be tempted to call it nitpicking.

Not saying all is right, nor that there are no bugs, but imo the game runs pretty good and looks more than decent. The feel is subjective, sometimes it feels pretty good though depending on the car and track, sometimes less so.

Back to running the game on simulation, with traction and stability on, feels a little more aggressive compared to normal with aids off.
Wheel 900 dgr, all 100
Ffb understeer - 80
Wheel damper scale - 50
Center spring scale - 50

Even if you are right, do you realize how many cars the game contains, even the vanilla version?
Too be honest those mistakes are far from game breaking and relative to the amount of content I be tempted to call it nitpicking.

Not saying all is right, nor that there are no bugs, but imo the game runs pretty good and looks more than decent. The feel is subjective, sometimes it feels pretty good though depending on the car and track, sometimes less so.

Back to running the game on simulation, with traction and stability on, feels a little more aggressive compared to normal with aids off.
Wheel 900 dgr, all 100
Ffb understeer - 80
Wheel damper scale - 50
Center spring scale - 50

I know what you mean and that is true it can happen if it created from zero .
Not as 700 cars almost 680 is old content from old Forza's or payed DLC's
Have you ever played old Forza titles?
I played all te Forza's and in my opinion is this the worst Forza ever.
And i''m not a fanboy of Project Cars or GT but when you say on stage this is the best Forza ever made! Bashing to other makers of racesims/racegames then you have must come with a almost bug free and not with this things.
And how they do with people when they say the bug and dissapointment..bannen from forum.
They forget that they are so big thanks to people same as me who buyed every game.
And now treath the people as a piece of shi....

Schermopname (76).jpg

• Deleted member 197115

And how they do with people when they say the bug and dissapointment..bannen from forum.
They forget that they are so big thanks to people same as me who buyed every game.
Is that what this all about?

I know what you mean and that is true it can happen if it created from zero .
Not as 700 cars almost 680 is old content from old Forza's or payed DLC's
Have you ever played old Forza titles?
I played all te Forza's and in my opinion is this the worst Forza ever.
And i''m not a fanboy of Project Cars or GT but when you say on stage this is the best Forza ever made! Bashing to other makers of racesims/racegames then you have must come with a almost bug free and not with this things.

View attachment 214847
I've played every Forza since the beginning and this is the best one yet to me. To each their own.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back