FM7 Forza 7 on pc - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I finally got to try the demo, and it is as expected. Flat everything, very static, quite clean and crisp. If the other circuits/scenarios look amazing, that's cool too, but someone who is impressed by FM7 hasn't played a new video game in years.

Too much iRacing and Automobilista?
Hard to impress? I see :)

Come back when you find better looking "racing" game.

Most of them can look better in the right conditions, plus they're not all baked-in static scenes like it's 2002.

yeah...
I finally got to try the demo, and it is as expected. Flat everything, very static, quite clean and crisp. If the other circuits/scenarios look amazing, that's cool too, but someone who is impressed by FM7 hasn't played a new video game in years.

your continuous presence here reminds me of trolling... :) but of course it's not your case, just my impressions :)

p.s. you are the only one saying forza has bad/flat graphics and the rest of the world says it's amazing and best looking ever, even those that strongly criticize the other aspects of the game. Maybe something's wrong with you? noooooooooooooo, of course NOT! :-D

Last edited:

I'm playing FM7 at 4K with DSR on a 1080p 24" desktop screen. If anything the environment looks too clean, but it is crisp as heck.

The visual effects are imo good to great, like in car reflections and moving shadows, depending on track or weather the small dynamic effects like moving sands, like wet tracks vaporizing to light local mist or water drops on your windscreen that react to your movement. The way the time of day changes the whole look of a track - golden hour looking wonderfull. Visually flat and static?

Please explain, because we not talking the same language. Please give us some examples and what exactly makes these games better according to you? Please note that I don't fit your criterium of not having played games for years, not by the biggest stretch of the imagination - gaming being one of my unfortunate addictions.

Maybe it is not quite on the sim level, but it is a gorgeous simcade. Imo the main room for improvement is the AI, which is very much a mixed bag.

Last edited:
I finally got to try the demo, and it is as expected...someone who is impressed by FM7 hasn't played a new video game in years.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I prefer more vibe. You're allowed to like what you like. I don't have to give examples of anything. Gran Turismo and Project CARS 2 look better to me. :thumbsup:

Ok, so you are just bashing, well if you get tired of your right hand, you might try your left one...
I'm done with your trolling...have fun.

Tried the demo yesterday, my expectations on FFB and physic were low and my expectations on graphic were high.
I am puzzled on how any one with a wheel and use to drive the usual SIM available on PC could want to waste any time driving in this game.
As for the graphics, they look good, as good as it comes I guess, but as it does not run in VR (yet) they are useless to me.
In the case of this game even if VR was offered, the driving is too far from what can be had elsewhere to get me to drive it.
I am grateful to Forza to provide a demo, now I know it is not for me.

Last edited:
Remember we are discussing the game not each other... lets all play fair please..

While people have every right comment in sharing their views, be they good or bad. Personally, I have no problem reading and responding to the varied opinions shared.

Whats happening here @ RD Forums, with it seems in particular FM7 is that those that want to enjoy discussing it are being trolled or targetted for intentional debate by certain others that either dont' like it or have issues with any number of factors, be these "Microsoft", "Windows 10", "Turn 10" or just in general "Forza" as a franchise.

If people like don't like it, fine by all means share your views and move on, stop antagonising others that do..

Mod edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was doing a free ride, Bathurst in the Monster Ford Falcon.

The sun was setting as I was doing hotlaps. The sun was actually blinding and looking like the sun, as it went lower it was shining through the ground haze casting rays between a tree line. As this was happening multi layers of clouds were moving across the skies. If that is flat and ugly graphics, I must be looking through pink spectacles.

The Forza style is crisp and clean, but I cannot call it simple or ugly by any means.

When I tried the demo I hated the Porsche, but the Truck and Nissan were good enough to try the full game. Now it took some experimentation to find a setup that I like, but the controls are now - with my faithfull DFGT - not bad, not at hardcore sim level, certainly simcade plus.

I don't mind people criticizing a game, but there are some remarks being made that are not objective critiques with a strong foundation, but bashing based on little real experience with the game and even less context.

Yesterday I was doing a free ride, Bathurst in the Monster Ford Falcon.

The sun was setting as I was doing hotlaps. The sun was actually blinding and looking like the sun, as it went lower it was shining through the ground haze casting rays between a tree line. As this was happening multi layers of clouds were moving across the skies. If that is flat and ugly graphics, I must be looking through pink spectacles.

The Forza style is crisp and clean, but I cannot call it simple or ugly by any means.

When I tried the demo I hated the Porsche, but the Truck and Nissan were good enough to try the full game. Now it took some experimentation to find a setup that I like, but the controls are now - with my faithfull DFGT - not bad, not at hardcore sim level, certainly simcade plus.

I don't mind people criticizing a game, but there are some remarks being made that are not objective critiques with a strong foundation, but bashing based on little real experience with the game and even less context.

Yes the clouds, the shadows, the lighting can vary quite a bit and adds to the atmosphere. Some tracks/moments can have very nice scenes even if we do not have full dry-wet day-night cycles on all tracks as in some other titles. Some scenery or track objects can, however, look very basic in places with low detail, the crowds are also a bit poor but are these really that important?

I notice some elements with the graphics/lighting probably a bit more than others. As I use a Phillips 3 Sided Ambilight TV and also have additional Phillips Hue Left/Right LED strips illuminating either side of my seat section and finally with a Hue Bulb above in the ceiling.

Examples of this using the TVs controls for the lights to determine firstly HOW they react and then secondly via what region of the TV they respond with/too.

My room then becomes like living light based on what the screen is displaying and while of course you still focus on the screen this in our peripheral vision adds to the drama and impact. Be it clouds shadows overhead passes causing diming-bright moments, beautiful colours from sunsets, at night the pulses of light from flood-lights as you pass under them, the whole room responding to the flashes of lightning or something so simple but wonderful in the sun shining on one side of the cockpit view but as you turn a corner and it transitions to the right that light transferring and happening in the room as well is pretty cool if gimmicky but certainly some things I have noticed enjoying this titles visuals, ambiance or lighting effects.

I would also expect great things but not heard anyone mention how well this looks on a proper fully capable high end HDR display. Good HDR alone can make a huge difference to visual satisfaction but something older Sim titles don't support .

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Interesting, looks that by disabling dynamic optimization and maxing out each individual slider in Advanced options (you can leave MSAA at 4x instead of 8x esp on 4K), helps squeezing out extra visual fidelity.

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)
Looks like I have to play the bad guy here, sorry.

Maybe a step into the hornet's nest but..

I disagree.

Well optimized, no. most ppl stiil have problems, even on high-end rigs.

Great engine sounds, no, most cars have a bad design and/or just recycled.
For example The Corvette ZR1 sounds like it was recorded with an kids casette recorder, bmw 1 m coupe, m2 and m4 have the same sound, no difference between stock and racing exhaust and so on. Just open the FM7 files and u can see..
So.. not rly great or improved.

AI, well woudn't say outstanding or competitive.. it's more or less just more agressive and not rly challenging.

Any other intresting stuff..ya.
Autovista/Forzavista is broken, the shifting animation awful, some stuff on tracks are a joke, like the audi dealer with mercedes cars inside.Wrong placed parts and light animation..ugh the list is long.

If u love fm7 great, enjoy it, but I have to say, for the price tag, the game has too much probs.
Nothing I would call a must have.

I've been messing around with it since release on PC. Great graphics, runs at 77 fps on my system, and most of the cars suck. But, a couple cars are outstanding somehow. The BMW 323ti is one of the best recreations of all the BMW's traits I have ever experienced in a sim/arcade/whatever game. With triple screens the cockpit view is all wonky on most cars, except that BMW so far. I fire up the game just to drive that one car.

I'm wondering of some people have either poor monitors or poor gpu's because this game looks fantastic. I have every sim minus iracing, and Forza is by far the best looking and best optimized. I'm running every setting maxed out on my main rig (980ti, 6600k ) and on my laptop (1060 6gb, 7700hq ) and neither one is breaking a sweat. Pcars 2 looks fantastic as well, but not quite the fidelity of forza and it is putting way more stress on my systems. Pcars 2 is definitely a better experience with a wheel. But for kicking back and just having fun with a controller, no other game compares. I'm glad i decided to buy this game for what it is. A fantastic looking casual racer. The pc guys needed a game like this. I'm all for serious sim racers, but that doesn't mean we cant enjoy the casual ones as well. But hey that's just me. Most of the ones hating on the game don't even own it. So their opinion is invalid anyway. Play what you like and and let everyone else play what they like. ;)

Last edited:
Random screenshot i took on my laptop. Fully maxed out at 1080p locked at 60. It also runs perfect at 1440p but since its a laptop it gets quite warm. The temps you see on the screenshot are only that high because it was a replay and my laptop was sitting flat on the desk. Runs about 5 deg cooler
2s7f3w4.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back