Formula W Starts This Weekend - Coulthard and Kravitz on Presentation Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men and women have different aptitudes in key cognitive skills, hence why men dominate areas such as engineering and truck driving while women are an overwhelming majority in nursery and complaining.

The reason for this "natural" segregating is the physical difference between men and women.:thumbsup:
Creating segregated sports in diciplines where physics doesnt matter like motorsport, chess, E-sport etc is just some kind of patronizing women.:rolleyes:

Aren't you conveniently forgetting the years of sexism and misogyny that have prevented women from having the opportunity to take part in these disciplines?

Without the backing, the support that still isn't there, they don't have the opportunities to commit to the sport in the same way men do. So they don't get the same amount of time and they don't get the same amount of training / practise.

Series like this are important for raising the profile and just getting the message across that motorsport should be open to everyone.

This series is necessary PRECISELY BECAUSE of neanderthal ignorant misogynistic attitudes such as the one displayed just above by @GTSpeedster

We live in times of biological, common sense and reality DENIAL by unchecked leftism LUNACY.

M7SBWjv.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up in rural England, in a family that was not very well off at all, yet I was totally obsessed by cars and motor racing. I never got the opportunity to race cars but I don't see a whole series being created just for relatively poor males :rolleyes:

It's 2019 - if you're good enough at something, you will attract money, and you will get to do the thing you want to do.If you're not doing it, it's probably because you're not good enough ;)

I look forward to the commentators trying to blame one of the drivers for an accident while maintaining political correctness.:) It's such a shame this is not on the BBC!

I will watch the first race for the novelty factor. That might sound patronising, but it will be only the second race I will have watched this year, so the series is already more successful at grabbing my attention than F1, Blancpain, Nascar or Clarkson vs May Vs Hammond in motorised bathtubs.
If women are equally enthused to watch because it is more relevant to them, and more women become sim-racers because of this, then I will be a happy camper. If the promoters of this series really want to encourage women into motorsports then they really ought to be promoting sim-racing. (Not many women entered the SRO E-sport series earlier this year, despite it being about as level a playing field as you can imagine.) Without wanting to preach to the choir, sim-racing is relatively cheap and can lead to real-life drives with professional race teams.
Just imagine if the number of sim racers doubled this year because of this one series!

Bottom line: enlightened self interest suggests we sim-racers should support this series.

I believe the merits or not of this series were debated in the thread announcing the series, so no need to go over the same ground again.
So before it grows into a flame war let's keep it respectful and not throw insults at one another.

Rather than a women-only series, did anyone consider a MF-series, with 50% male and 50% female drivers, all in the same cars? That would be true equality, surely. If the argument is that the female drivers don't get a chance to drive, fine, give them a drive, but in a realistic environment against realistic competition, not a false series where the 'winner' will be the best but compared to what/who?

Aren't you conveniently forgetting the years of sexism and misogyny that have prevented women from having the opportunity to take part in these disciplines?

Without the backing, the support that still isn't there, they don't have the opportunities to commit to the sport in the same way men do. So they don't get the same amount of time and they don't get the same amount of training / practise.

Series like this are important for raising the profile and just getting the message across that motorsport should be open to everyone.
Im not forgetting anything here.
But without wanting some kind of obscure pro/against discussion then I often read and hear comments from succesfull women in different professions who with self-esteem completely refuse to be "helped" by special segregating services from special organising boards.
They often consider accepting this kind of special treatment as some kind of victim's role that need special nursing to be able to fend for themselves.;)
An example of this is the succesfull racing driver Christina Nielsen who completely refuses to accept this patronizing victim's role - because she want to be fighting on equal terms with male opponents.
And if you google around you will easily find more like her.:thumbsup:

Maybe women with a reasonable self-esteem dont want this kind of "support".

cnracing-sebring2018.jpg

Sexism also occurs with team owners who don't want a woman driving their cars. Jack Roush wanted no part of Lyn St James driving the Whistler Cougar XR7 at the Daytona 24 but Ford Motor Co stepped in and said "she drives" and the rest is history.
2018_01_25_20_00_50.png

Lots of stupid sexist jokes on this forum, sadly. Ironically, this only proves why the series was created in the first place.

I do have a problem with Formula W: I don't think it will solve anything. Even if the winner of the championship gets a drive in another series, I'm afraid it will only lead to a dead-end. Will it lead to a F1 drive? I doubt it. Sure, one driver will be promoted to F3, or something like that, but making the step up to F2 or F1 is a long shot.

But seriously, why would someone want to separate genders in "the current year", when everyone is screaming "equality"? Don't forget that one of the greatest rally drivers was Michele Mouton. So what is the excuse today?

Not bashing the female drivers at all but this is virtue signaling at it's highest. I always teach my Daughter that being female is NOT a handicap and she can do anything she wants. She already likes to fire up AC and Raceroom on her own....well, I planted the seed =o).

I see zero need to segregate the sport or even make this a huge deal. Here in the States we call this getting 'Woke'. So, that if you say anything, anything at all you are branded all kind of slurs. Let them mix it up with the guys. Most of us refer to our cars as 'she' anyway. It's also 2019, not 1919.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes