Formula W Starts This Weekend - Coulthard and Kravitz on Presentation Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been women reserve F1 drivers and F2 drivers over the years, so why have the series run F3 cars. Would not have a women's series using F3 cars be a step back for some?
Did think it was a little demeaning to have them run F3 cars, but I think the point was that for some of them this is their first go in single seaters so they were trying to make it more accessible?

Lets see what sports have women teams , football, cricket, basketball, Olympics ........ on and on and on........ ;)
Olympics isn't a sport, but you probably mean track & field sports? We have men and women competing separately, because traditional sports depend largely on strength and other physical traits, where men are naturally just better. If there wouldn't be gender divisions in most "traditional" sports, it would mean that there would be pretty much no women competing on the top level. However, there are sports out there where I can't understand men and women competing separately and shooting is one of them.

Drag Racing is the only Motorsport women are treated as equals and that's why they get so good at it :whistling:
Women can and are allowed in pretty much every motorsport series in the world and not a single one that I know are men only series. Women have been and are competing in racing with men for ages already, because motorsports are fare less dependent on physical strength and thus women can compete generally on the same performance level as men. Just as an example, Danica Patrick raced in Nascar on the top level as well as IndyCar, Michelle Mouton drove Rally already in the 80s quite succesfully and so on. Wikipedia lists quite a big bunch of women racing drivers, which pretty much all share their series with men.

This series for women feels just so moot and not from this day. The problem in my opinion is not the lack of possibilites for women, it is just that what makes women and men tick (which makes it not a problem). To become a succesfull racing driver, you at least preferably need to start honing your skills and racecraft at a young age. Truth is that boys tend to prefer things making vroom sounds more than young girls which simply means that more boys gravitate more towards motorsports than girls do and this difference in the amount of racing drivers of both genders just amplifies when climbing the motorsports ladder: statistically there is just more talented drivers in the larger pool of men than there is of women.

It is difficult to say why boys like cars and racing more than girls. I admit that it can be at least partly a cultural thing and in that case series like these might bring something to the table, but I doubt that is at least the whole story. And even if that is the case, series like this would be much more meaningful if there would be more series on the ladder for women, most importantly starting from the national level to bring in more younger girls to karting, sports cars and so on. Even so, if I think all my relatives who are now relatively young and female, I find it difficult to believe that because of series aimed at women only, they would suddenly start getting interested and more so invested in motorsports. Girls and boys, women and men, just tend to like and gravitate towards different things and this shows not just in sports, but also in education, professional lives and hobbies in general. There is unequality in the world, yes, but everything isn't a gender issue, let alone something that needs to be solved with gender specific limits, quotas or whatever.

Olympics isn't a sport, but you probably mean track & field sports? We have men and women competing separately, because traditional sports depend largely on strength and other physical traits, where men are naturally just better. If there wouldn't be gender divisions in most "traditional" sports, it would mean that there would be pretty much no women competing on the top level. However, there are sports out there where I can't understand men and women competing separately and shooting is one of them.

Women can and are allowed in pretty much every motorsport series in the world and not a single one that I know are men only series. Women have been and are competing in racing with men for ages already, because motorsports are fare less dependent on physical strength and thus women can compete generally on the same performance level as men. Just as an example, Danica Patrick raced in Nascar on the top level as well as IndyCar, Michelle Mouton drove Rally already in the 80s quite succesfully and so on. Wikipedia lists quite a big bunch of women racing drivers, which pretty much all share their series with men.

This series for women feels just so moot and not from this day. The problem in my opinion is not the lack of possibilites for women, it is just that what makes women and men tick (which makes it not a problem). To become a succesfull racing driver, you at least preferably need to start honing your skills and racecraft at a young age. Truth is that boys tend to prefer things making vroom sounds more than young girls which simply means that more boys gravitate more towards motorsports than girls do and this difference in the amount of racing drivers of both genders just amplifies when climbing the motorsports ladder: statistically there is just more talented drivers in the larger pool of men than there is of women.

It is difficult to say why boys like cars and racing more than girls. I admit that it can be at least partly a cultural thing and in that case series like these might bring something to the table, but I doubt that is at least the whole story. And even if that is the case, series like this would be much more meaningful if there would be more series on the ladder for women, most importantly starting from the national level to bring in more younger girls to karting, sports cars and so on. Even so, if I think all my relatives who are now relatively young and female, I find it difficult to believe that because of series aimed at women only, they would suddenly start getting interested and more so invested in motorsports. Girls and boys, women and men, just tend to like and gravitate towards different things and this shows not just in sports, but also in education, professional lives and hobbies in general. There is unequality in the world, yes, but everything isn't a gender issue, let alone something that needs to be solved with gender specific limits, quotas or whatever.

Probably one of the best posts I've read in a long time! Spot on.

I'd like to add that I can guarantee any female in motorsport has been fully backed and supported by male family members. If I had a daughter I'd be chuffed as hell if she was into motorsports. But I don't think this series is a good idea.

I can't help but remember a quote from The Office by Dwight Schrute:
"What's the argument here? NBA, WNBA. One is a sport, one is a joke. I love sports, I love jokes. Room for all."

But seriously, why would someone want to separate genders in "the current year", when everyone is screaming "equality"? Don't forget that one of the greatest rally drivers was Michele Mouton. So what is the excuse today?
a4109630ec54eb703d238446ba40456a.jpg

Can't wait to see a man completing his "transition" into a "woman" so "he" can trash the competition and collect all of the prize money in hilarious fashion.
Well that has happened now in weightlifting, cycling, running, MMA and more. Men enter the Leagues and then beat the women. Brave and stunning stuff. Current year.

The MMA one really was bad to see. The trans woman beat up the competition badly. If we are honest it was a biological man beating up biological women.

I Think its cool with a female racing division, but soon enough we will have trans women join it and we all know how it will end. Probably.

I´m glad there will be something free for me to watch because I have given up on Formula 1

Plenty of channels on YouTube that stream live GT, Touring car, V8 and LMS races my friend.
And they are usually of very good quality.
Stand outs recently were IMSA at Long Beach and British GT's at Oulton Park. Some of the best racing i have seen in a long time.

GTWorld
Supercars
Auto Sport (I think they mainly do highlights)
LETS GO RACING
IMSA Official

All YouTube channels well worth a Sub.

I love the bellends on this forum badmouthing this series before it even started. I guess we gonna see a very heterogenous field with only a few of the girls really showing potential. Nevertheless we really need more women in (sim) racing.

White knight over :p

Lets see what sports have women teams , football, cricket, basketball, Olympics ........ on and on and on........ ;)
Drag Racing is the only Motorsport women are treated as equals and that's why they get so good at it :whistling:
The reason for this "natural" segregating is the physical difference between men and women.:thumbsup:
Creating segregated sports in diciplines where physics doesnt matter like motorsport, chess, E-sport etc is just some kind of patronizing women.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back