Cars Formula V10 by Race Sim Studio

For you guys comparing to real times from F1.

2000 Austria qualifying.

Pole lap was 1:10.410

Intermediate 1---- sector time: 17.739 (298.5 km/h)
Intermediate 2 ---- sector time: 30.063 (202.4 km/h)
Finish Line ---- sector time: 22.608 (272.5 km/h)

Average speed: 221.184 km/h

Now I am not too sure how close the sector lines match the current AC Red Bull Ring track.
Someone can check it.

You can find videos on youtube.
The cars were really difficult to drive.
Locking up/spinning under braking/loss of grip etc.

The cars were basically turning in by themselves and they settled down a bit when under power, still moving but very much controllable. Pretty much the opposite of this car in game.

After fiddling around with my wheel i finally managed to get some laps in..
Its so much fun, at first you have to be really cautious, but once you know the limit you can really push. Such a blast to drive, great work guys! :)

PS. Does anyone know if there is a version of the old silverstone circuit? It just feels kinda wrong to drive this car on today's circuit :D

So anyways someone yesterday mentioned in a video,
regarding the car is 100% perfect but the front rims are wrong,
I found it hard to believe and was already making something else,

so went and checked to see what was causing this perception I aligned it twice but only made 1x blueprint and from inspection turned out fine to match the wheel logos and what I was making,

I just checked over all my reference again turns out there was 2 slightly different styles of front rims,
but even with the different styles the actual diameter remains the same although some have slightly more details inside the rim,

turns out they are slightly different I used 1 template to make the rear and the front centers and beading on the outer rim itself, they appeared to be the exact same but obviously not,
so just spent the last few hrs and remade the front rim mesh, still wants a few more holes adding ill do them soon before the new UV :)

I do not know at what point there maybe an update, might be after 1 week, might be after 1 month,
RSS will plan and release any updates once the content is passed over to them checked,

thanks for all your support and feedback on the car to improve it where possible means so much so thankyou! Happy New Year!!

0ce4838bd2e3ee518d5251947a746aaf.jpg

The cars were basically turning in by themselves and they settled down a bit when under power, still moving but very much controllable. Pretty much the opposite of this car in game.

I think RSS2000 was built using lots of real data.
There is from what I recall real telemetry data of schumacher around imola.

Imo what might be questionable is the tyres, they seem to have very small peak angle. As you tip in the car especially on low speed they can suddenly lose all grip.

Lets see what David says.

edit: pretty sure this is RSS source

https://www.amazon.com/Ferrari-Formula-Under-Championship-Winning-F1-2000/dp/0768013410

Last edited:
Yeah, we used a lot of data from that book; it has load distributions at different cornering/braking/acc conditions, lift/drag/balance data from 30 different settings, wheel rates more or less in line what they used, engine power curve, braking power, telemetry from Schumacher from many tracks... It even has tyre data which they even admit it's unrealistic due to many reasons (imperfect simulation of track surface, problems mantaining tyre temperature and wear trough the tests, etc), however the tyres I've made are in line with the performance envelop they present.

I do quite agree with him that perhaps it has more entry understeer / power oversteer than expected (though the Ferrari was way more balanced than many of the cars from that season, which were really unstable), but to some extent I think it's also a trait in common with AC.

Best 2019 for everyone :)

Last edited:
RSS_PS2_Game.png

A tribute to one of the first racing games I ever played, and one of the reasons I got interested in F1 and Motorsports. Thanks for the amazing car guys.

McLaren, Jaguar, Benettons, Arrows, Minardi and BAR skins will come out soon

RSS_PS2_Game.png

A tribute to one of the first racing games I ever played, and one of the reasons I got interested in F1 and Motorsports. Thanks for the amazing car guys.

That's where my "simracer career" started too, on PC at least. :D Great memories. :)

RSS_PS2_Game.png

Lol had that game on PS1, think i did a full race distance one time at Interlagos too. #JimRosenthal

It's great that people are investing their time into making real skins, and of course everyone is free to choose what they work on, it's just a pity when we end up with duplicates, while still are some missing :(. We also have two Ferraris, but no Williams or McLaren (although I think they are in progress)
I wonder, did you start this unaware of the other version, or just didn't like that one?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-formula-2000-v10-sauber-c19.24596/
I had the unfortunate feeling of waking up to the other one being released right after I spent 12 hours straight working on mine the previous night. I'm too far into making it to not finish, but there is some minor differences between the two of ours. Just depends if you want the darker blue which is more accurate on track, or if you think the logos I that I placed on the "not Ferrari" are more accurate to the Sauber for yourselves. Sorry about not being able to do anything about it, just figured that Sauber was an unpopular enough team to not produce any duplicates.

I had the unfortunate feeling of waking up to the other one being released right after I spent 12 hours straight working on mine the previous night. I'm too far into making it to not finish, but there is some minor differences between the two of ours. Just depends if you want the darker blue which is more accurate on track, or if you think the logos I that I placed on the "not Ferrari" are more accurate to the Sauber for yourselves. Sorry about not being able to do anything about it, just figured that Sauber was an unpopular enough team to not produce any duplicates.

Get your skin ready. People here can then choose which skin to use.
Or do the 2001 Sauber Skin with Kimi.
Are minor changes to the 2000 Skin.
Some would be happy to be able to drive Kimi in the Sauber.

Happy New Year

Get your skin ready. People here can then choose which skin to use.
Or do the 2001 Sauber Skin with Kimi.
Are minor changes to the 2000 Skin.
Some would be happy to be able to drive Kimi in the Sauber.

Happy New Year
I was thinking about doing the 2001 skin as well for an update, so I'll make sure to do that one next. I'm glad there's interest in it, because I was worried that people would be thinking that I copied the guy who did the other one.

The other Sauber Skin is mine.:)
I also started making the 2001 Kimi Skin.
But I will not finish there the next time.
I am tired of the other Skins paints. :sleep:
That's why you can do the Kimi Skin.
I'm considering painting the BAR01 but that's extremely difficult.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.