AC Formula Thursday- Radicals at Hockenheim on March 14th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
1251.tmp.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Well, after two weeks of hot F3 action in the desert, we are jumping in the Radical again for this Thursday as we head off to Germany’s Upper Rhine valley and the Hockenheim Short 2 circuit.
With qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 60 minutes all in, you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too! There will be an open practice server running the week leading up to the race day and 60 minutes official practice prior to qualifying.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer races, plus the chance to get it right in race two!

The car is the Radical SR3 XXR.

__custom_showroom_1708674185.jpg

Straight out of the box and with the stock set up this is a great drivers car and it will get you around here with very little effort. However, for those who like to extract the maximum performance then there are multiple set up options available in game as well as some nice skins.

The track is the Hockenheim Short 2 circuit

HockenheimringAltShort02.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to Formula Thursday using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6-
  • Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM. Premium membership required.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00CET, 20:00 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CET, 20.10GMT (20:10 UTC) | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.30 CET, 20.30 GMT (20.30 UTC) 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top 7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password. if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
Event details:

• Car: Radical SR3 XXR
  • Skins: (You will need to load all in this zip file to see other drivers liveries)
  • Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hockenheimring-multi-layout.7223/
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 20 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1709847789881.png
    1709847789881.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Any chance we could get the "Kurzanbindung"(short version)?
I hate Parabolika, just throw in fifth and have a smoke (long and boring)

I know Kurzanbindung isn´t there anymore (gee, thanks Porsche :speechless:),
but irl also I would not fit into a Radical, so kiss realism
;)

It's not the prettiest version of Hockenheim out there but it's all we have on RD at the moment.
A good combo though Paul, works the car well:thumbsup:
This version has difficult brake/turn-in points that are very hard to spot, but not too bad :)

Edit: the DTM version of this track is the dog's danglies with the Calibra DTM - or even better, the 'short' version, which is longer than the DTM layout:roflmao:

Last edited:
OK, now I'm not one who usually changes his mind once I have committed to something (and I can hear Toto in my ear now " NO, NO Michael, this is so not right!!!":D), but....when I first came up with the Radical/Silverstone National, the idea was to keep the racing tight and exciting on an easy to learn track, which I think worked well by the responses at the time.
The reason for trying out the GP layout here was that I intend to use it for an F3 race later this season, and this would have been a test of how that worked (any holes in the track/barriers/grass that some unfortunate guinea pig might fall through).
But on reflection and trying out the short version, I'm back to the original concept of short track, tight racing for 20 minutes to keep the excitement and interest levels up.
So the server has been reset with short version 2 for this event.
I'm now off to find an emergency exit and way out of the circuit before Toto finds me! Directions please Carsten!:roflmao:

Last edited:
I'm now off to find an emergency exit and way out of the circuit before Toto finds me! Directions please Carsten!:roflmao:
You can hide in "Baden Würthenberg Tower", that´s where our briefing for the track day took place.
Tell Ursula at the reception I send you and to make a good cup of coffee from the Espresso mashine.:inlove:
And say hy to Paul from "School of Racing"

What do you mean Carsten??, There's room for two in the Radical...
Exactly like the MX5 has room for two ;)
Only after I squeezed in the steering wheel doesn´t turn. ("strong" legs :redface:)
The only Mixer I could actually drive was the NC Mixercup because of no roof, no center console and detachable, smaller steering wheel.

As for the short layout, I feel that´s the right decision, so TOTO can go and kiss himself. You totally DID NOT "Masi this up" because it was consentual and way before the start, so no result tampering.

Last edited:
Don´t despaire, Ernie, it´s quite different from the Skippy.

Granted it has no ABS/TC, but it also has way more power and a "tricky diff"
Not sure yet if this Aero thingy is a help or an additional distraction.
(I may or may not have cheated used technology to my advantage and applied a less aggressive accelerator pedal curve for this one.)

So great fun!!

Edith:
Oh, and H-Heim short is deceptively tricky.
These "German Engineers" surely have not covered themselfs in glory to "keep a level track/head" funny things with camber going on here:O_o:

Last edited:
Not my bag but will give it a go, most seem to like it, I just find it plain difficult, where is the ABS ???
Looking at the "video", that is even a smaller steering wheel than my sim rig has.:O_o:
Ernie, in my first race I didn't have any practice at all because Paul had set the timelines an hour earlier. So I first drove the car in qualify with default setup and had only time to get the tyre pressures right for the race. And on a layout I've never driven before.
With this as a result in the 2nd race:
1710247326386.png

So unless I've got an extrodinary driving talent, the car must be very easy to drive.

(And: no, these weren't the only drivers on track there!)

Last edited:
I’m into oversteer, not too bad, but not exactly predictable. And tons of time lost on the brakes, lock ups. Neither are flinging me off the track moments, admittedly ( that why I’m in this race, at least I can moan to myself when I am driving the thing ), but I tend to drive with to much effort into trying not to do either.
Like the F3 series, although this is much better, generally a lot less power so not as noticeable. I was at one point going to rant off about the F3 series and say it is not F3, more like F2. But luckily I decided to look the series up, and much to my surprise F3 has doubled its power output. Is nothing sacred anymore.:confused:

I’m into oversteer, not too bad, but not exactly predictable. And tons of time lost on the brakes, lock ups. Neither are flinging me off the track moments, admittedly ( that why I’m in this race, at least I can moan to myself when I am driving the thing ), but I tend to drive with to much effort into trying not to do either.
Like the F3 series, although this is much better, generally a lot less power so not as noticeable. I was at one point going to rant off about the F3 series and say it is not F3, more like F2. But luckily I decided to look the series up, and much to my surprise F3 has doubled its power output. Is nothing sacred anymore.:confused:
I'm finding it understeering, then into snap oversteer here Ernie, maybe the track is low grip, strange 'cos it's a grippy/predictable car from past use:unsure: It's usually better on softs though, will try that later.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea